Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC Wilts Phone In  (Read 13489 times)
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2021, 18:17:22 »

If I’m worried about anything it’s that there’s one sole mother load of a skeleton that Power has left behind that could make Clem think it’s not worth it. The further down the line we go with Clem, of course, the lesser the worry will be. But knowing how slimy that cunt Power is, it’s still going to niggle me

Clem will invest. His window to walk away has been and gone. It’s probably like chasing losses as a gambler, he has already thrown a significant amount in. He will hold the vision and trust the process. At this point not even Admin would recoup his losses!

Now, ain't that just like me?
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2021, 18:21:51 »

Could do with Ben and Ben being at the next phone in....
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2021, 18:22:49 »

I was thinking the same and maybe for two hours like it used to be as Hodgetts seemed to be rushing his questions

So, give no fucks
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2021, 18:24:57 »

Rob Angus take a bow.  Almost single handedly dealt with all the questions raised. Clem happy to allow Rob as CEO to answer which in a way is a good sign, proving he is a good delegator. As owner and sole investor he wants his CEO to take ownership of day to day matters, although the contrary view would be that there were some questions where i felt Clem would lead on i.e level of unsecured debt.

Clearly very significant inherited problems which must be an absolute minefield to work through and listening to the phone in made me realise how much is involved in running a football club, particularly one in such a difficult position as we are. Significant rent arrears and HMRC debt, wages not paid in June,  football creditors, EFL loans £1m, unsecured creditors £3.5m on top of the operational issues such as getting the stadium ready for Saturdays game.  Then there is the issues of getting players in!

If ever there was a clear rallying call for fans to buy season tickets and merchandise that was it. Forget issues around ST refunds, 3rd kit, etc get behind the club and support it. People such as Rob Angus deserve our support. I thought he spoke with great integrity and openness and his slight nervousness showed me what it means to him,  as a dedicated supporter, to now be the main person representing the club at such a difficult time.

ST's renewed +1 new one purchased, 3 shirts purchased and going to Scunthorpe with renewed enthusiasm. Dont care if it's going to be a difficult season on the pitch, let's all get behind the team and the club in whichever way we can.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2021, 18:25:59 »

Good post

So, give no fucks
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2021, 18:30:42 »

Rob Angus take a bow.  Almost single handedly dealt with all the questions raised. Clem happy to allow Rob as CEO to answer which in a way is a good sign, proving he is a good delegator. As owner and sole investor he wants his CEO to take ownership of day to day matters, although the contrary view would be that there were some questions where i felt Clem would lead on i.e level of unsecured debt.

Clearly very significant inherited problems which must be an absolute minefield to work through and listening to the phone in made me realise how much is involved in running a football club, particularly one in such a difficult position as we are. Significant rent arrears and HMRC debt, wages not paid in June,  football creditors, EFL loans £1m, unsecured creditors £3.5m on top of the operational issues such as getting the stadium ready for Saturdays game.  Then there is the issues of getting players in!

If ever there was a clear rallying call for fans to buy season tickets and merchandise that was it. Forget issues around ST refunds, 3rd kit, etc get behind the club and support it. People such as Rob Angus deserve our support. I thought he spoke with great integrity and openness and his slight nervousness showed me what it means to him,  as a dedicated supporter, to now be the main person representing the club at such a difficult time.

ST's renewed +1 new one purchased, 3 shirts purchased and going to Scunthorpe with renewed enthusiasm. Dont care if it's going to be a difficult season on the pitch, let's all get behind the team and the club in whichever way we can.

Great post

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2021, 18:58:07 »

I don’t understand the jitters about the debt.

Before Power shot himself in the foot re exemption rights, Axis were willing to pay in excess of what the mythical Able were reportedly going to pay - £7.5m.

Subsequently, Axis only paid £212,500 for the club, so surely the remaining £7,287,500 is available to pay off the debts.

In fact, I reckon the debts are nowhere near that figure so there even should be some excess.

Or have I got something terribly wrong?
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2021, 19:01:09 »

That's where I've been at myself.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2021, 19:54:29 »

Virtually every Supplier has not been paid.
I know one with a sizeable debt. Power cleared the shelves without doubt.
Just thankful the scumbag has gone.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2021, 20:02:40 »

Virtually every Supplier has not been paid.
I know one with a sizeable debt. Power cleared the shelves without doubt.
Just thankful the scumbag has gone.

As unpalatable as that is it should come as no surprise.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, July 27, 2021, 22:41:14 »

scorched earth policy - very stalinist
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 03:35:03 »

Surely, with all this information it should make Standings case so much easier.
Also, if and when the FA / FL are wanting to make a decision over previous wrong doings by Power / the club they must take on board and understand it was their decision suggesting Power was a Fit for purpose owner of the club in 2014. Sad
As for the IRD. Surely Power would be liable for any and all money taken out of the club as personal drawings / Shareholders dividends etc. 
So many questions and it would still be very interesting to know who were Able. Did they happen to exist of just total imagination ?
Good luck sorting these issues out.

Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 07:27:17 »

I missed the phone in, but can anybody confirm if we know the most important info related to the new owner and CEO, that of their favourite cheese?
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 07:35:20 »

I missed the phone in, but can anybody confirm if we know the most important info related to the new owner and CEO, that of their favourite cheese?

Clem Morfuni, thinking this must be a trap - "all cheeses, how's that?"

Rob Angus, more familiar with the STFC fanbase - "Spanish cheese"

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 07:46:36 »

Perhaps not a first priority, but if there isn't Queso Morfuni in the STFC Shop in time for Christmas, we're just throwing money away.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: