Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ground Development  (Read 18004 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 12:30:11 »

Was driving around that part of London last weekend and got a reasonable view of it from the M4 and from Kew Bridge on the other side. Looks smart, and I guess it's hard to find the space for anything bigger round there.
kaufman

« Reply #46 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 12:33:04 »

Interesting. There’s no doubt that if we ever get to redevelop (I’m laughing as I write that) that we would be making it higher than that but 20k would probably be about right.
I’m aware we’re lucky to see 8k but the Exeter game not long back proved there’s interest when the time is right.
« Last Edit: Monday, August 9, 2021, 12:34:44 by kaufman » Logged
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 12:36:32 »

Opened last season didn’t it? I like the funky seats

Things get better but they never get good
Flashheart

« Reply #48 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 12:39:14 »

It seems very unambitious at first, but they only got an average of around 9,000 in 2018-2019.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 12:42:12 »

I know I rattled on a bit about this after Leicester City won the FA Cup last season, but I wonder how different the 2 clubs standings would be now had Miles Story not missed his penalty and we were promoted instead of Brentford. Probably not very much given Brentford were always on the up and would probably have bounced up eventually but it does get you thinking.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 12:50:40 »

I know I rattled on a bit about this after Leicester City won the FA Cup last season, but I wonder how different the 2 clubs standings would be now had Miles Story not missed his penalty and we were promoted instead of Brentford. Probably not very much given Brentford were always on the up and would probably have bounced up eventually but it does get you thinking.
We were trying to build a house on sand,  made of sticks whereas Brentford were building a house of bricks, on solid foundations. Despite going full on Cantona, I think that answers that 'imponderable' question😉😂
Flashheart

« Reply #51 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 12:53:07 »

Brentford had A LOT of money pumped into them.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 12:54:08 »

That also helps 🤔
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 13:06:56 »

That also helps 🤔

They’ll be back down next season with a half full stadium, just like old times.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 13:09:35 »

They did indeed have a lot of money pumped into them but they also had a cunning plan, which seems to have worked out very nicely for them. Whilst I have no great desire to get into the premiership, I like the fact that we also now have some sort of plan, which isn't just 'in 5 years we'll be in the Championship Shawwwwwwn'

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #55 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 13:24:25 »

They’ll be back down next season with a half full stadium, just like old times.
I think last season they looked a good footballing side and have strong money behind them to consolidate in the Prem, they looked a far better team than Fulham and WBA did, I think they will be low mid table and survive this season and build on it.

As for capacity, Boremuff didn't do too badly with just a 11k full house for a few years.

17,500 seems generous compared to their average crowds recently of around 10k max.

They had an attendance of just 3,155 as late as 2007 and Griffin Park was limited to 12,573 for quite a few years and never saw an attendance higher that 17,000 other than once in 40 years, 1983 when they had 17,800 vs Liverpool.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
kaufman

« Reply #56 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 13:25:37 »

Opened last season didn’t it? I like the funky seats

You're right. I don't have sky so didn't watch the playoffs and never really watched any goal highlight programmes last year due to the pandemic.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 13:28:21 »

AND a lot if support from a Council prepared to be flexible on planning matters.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 13:29:42 »

I think last season they looked a good footballing side and have strong money behind them to consolidate in the Prem, they looked a far better team than Fulham and WBA did, I think they will be low mid table and survive this season and build on it.

As for capacity, Boremuff didn't do too badly with just a 11k full house for a few years.

17,500 seems generous compared to their average crowds recently of around 10k max.

They had an attendance of just 3,155 as late as 2007 and Griffin Park was limited to 12,573 for quite a few years and never saw an attendance higher that 17,000 other than once in 40 years, 1983 when they had 17,800 vs Liverpool.
Muff only got 9000 for their first game last Friday - and that was a tasty looking fixture with WBA.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #59 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 13:43:20 »

Muff only got 9000 for their first game last Friday - and that was a tasty looking fixture with WBA.
They will be back to 3,000 again soon when they get relegated to L1.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: