Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ground Development  (Read 18006 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 20:37:24 »

Of course not, the limited company would be. Although could there be an argument that the owner was delinquent in not paying it when there were funds to do so? If so, that may be for the Axis team to pursue the previous directors and or club secretary for if they can prove there was underhand practices as such.

I have observed previously that a significant proportion of commercial tenants elected to withhold rent during the pandemic. Many advisers considered that there were legal grounds for doing so (this isn't the forum for going into further detail).  I should add that most, if not all, failed when tested by the courts in some recently decided cases.

Nothing to see here
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 10:45:03 »

Obviously Clem has a laundry list of shit to do with the season starting in two weeks. We've got like 6 first team players and I'm not sure if we even have kit sponsors and stuff.

Further down the line though if he is looking at improvements and his construction company are at hand to do the job, start small and knock Stratton Bank and build a small basic stand with a roof behind.

Nothing major just something like you'd get behind the goal at Northampton or somewhere but slightly bigger. Would improve the overall look of the ground massively compared to having something Bristol City fans call environmental health about.

Then it would at least give us two stands built in what I would probably call the modern era when newer stadiums became a thing.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 11:11:07 »

Rob Angus was one of the main drivers of the CG purchase for the Trust, and Clem was the Club's until the big fall out. Both have worked with the Council on this.

Once the crap gets sorted behind the scenes, the purchase of the CG will be done with the Trust, and then the ground will start to be developed. I believe the Town End will be developed first, even though the SB will also need sorting, with at least a roof.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 11:36:17 »

anyone know if the ex-Excalibur guy (James Phipps) is still about where stfc/trust is concerned
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #34 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 11:41:23 »

anyone know if the ex-Excalibur guy (James Phipps) is still about where stfc/trust is concerned
Advisory i think mate
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 11:46:29 »

good to hear he's still around though
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 12:03:39 »

Rob Angus was one of the main drivers of the CG purchase for the Trust, and Clem was the Club's until the big fall out. Both have worked with the Council on this.

Once the crap gets sorted behind the scenes, the purchase of the CG will be done with the Trust, and then the ground will start to be developed. I believe the Town End will be developed first, even though the SB will also need sorting, with at least a roof.

I would like to think that exploiting the Second Concourse in the South Stand will be on the list of things to do, too.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 12:48:40 »

Bloody hell, the only priority with the CG at the moment is to get a safety certificate and to make sure the Council are satisfied with the rent being paid. Apart from that the ground is way down the list of priorities to sort out!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 13:38:23 »

The bank is FUBARed mate. When fans are in it you can't even use the toilets I think. Gotta go in the arkells. It's a mess and I honestly don't think it's worth trying to fix it up.

As it's barely even used I would start with the bank and then it can house the town enders while that's being reveloped, but just my two pennies worth.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 15:34:29 »

Obviously Clem has a laundry list of shit to do with the season starting in two weeks. We've got like 6 first team players and I'm not sure if we even have kit sponsors and stuff.

Further down the line though if he is looking at improvements and his construction company are at hand to do the job, start small and knock Stratton Bank and build a small basic stand with a roof behind.

Nothing major just something like you'd get behind the goal at Northampton or somewhere but slightly bigger. Would improve the overall look of the ground massively compared to having something Bristol City fans call environmental health about.

Then it would at least give us two stands built in what I would probably call the modern era when newer stadiums became a thing.

i disagree, although i would love it done and it would look better we need to make this club more sustainable. stratton bank espeecially in div 2 does absolutely nothing for us.

A townend/nationwide with hospitality/hotel/function rooms/gym/ anything else that could make money all year round is far more important for me.

Yes we are jumping the gun by even talking about this but it has been directly answered by clem previously, he has experience of stadium construction and we have the opportunity to buy the ground from the council so there is no harm in it
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 15:36:07 »

It should at least have good waste pipes.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 23:54:11 »

i disagree, although i would love it done and it would look better we need to make this club more sustainable. stratton bank espeecially in div 2 does absolutely nothing for us.

A townend/nationwide with hospitality/hotel/function rooms/gym/ anything else that could make money all year round is far more important for me.

Yes we are jumping the gun by even talking about this but it has been directly answered by clem previously, he has experience of stadium construction and we have the opportunity to buy the ground from the council so there is no harm in it

If the Bank is cheap enough to sort. It is probably worth doing first.
Then when you do come to work on the other stands you can either rehouse home fans in the Arkells and stick the away fans on the bank. Or just relocate home fans to the bank.

Of course all relative to work being done on the home stands reducing capacity.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, July 23, 2021, 16:49:15 »

You're definitely right that a stand that has other uses probably should be prioratised and I hadn't considered that.

I was thinking more from a capacity stand point that if you did it with the bank first, at least when we need the extra seats you aren't forced to use the unroofed bank with all it's problems with the facilities while the town end is being redeveloped.

But the extra revenue is probably more important than getting wet on the bank and most games the two stands would just about suffice anyway.
kaufman

« Reply #43 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 12:23:15 »

Apologies if this has already been posted but I had no idea Brentford have a new stadium this year.
https://newstadium.brentfordfc.com/
Interestingly only around 17k capacity.
No doubt easy to make bigger if needed.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, August 9, 2021, 12:25:13 »

Apologies if this has already been posted but I had no idea Brentford have a new stadium this year.
https://newstadium.brentfordfc.com/
Interestingly only around 17k capacity.
No doubt easy to make bigger if needed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58137450+

Absolutely impossible to do anything with the ground. Surprised they restricted themselves to only 17k

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: