Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ground Development  (Read 18001 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 10:26:35 »

I know it's early days, but is this something likely to be on the table for the future now?
Flashheart

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 10:35:04 »

He has spoken about it a lot, and I still don't believe him when he says he doesn't want to build the stadium.

I reckon he'll be looking at it more when he's got his team settled in.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 10:36:54 »

I know it's early days, but is this something likely to be on the table for the future now?

Here's what Alex P posted on Twitter yesterday:

I know SBC are keen to re-engage with the Club, now that Clem has taken over. And I know Clem will be open to those discussions.

A few more priorities ahead of that, but the Trust are here will all the work that was done previously to get back on track. #STFC
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 10:36:59 »

And now what happens with the training ground?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 10:37:11 »

He has spoken about it a lot, and I still don't believe him when he says he doesn't want to build the stadium.

I reckon he'll be looking at it more when he's got his team settled in.
100% this for me too.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 10:47:00 »

What training ground? That was all pie in the sky
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 10:57:09 »

Whilst not doubting that SBC would want to work with Clem, having had their fingers burnt in two ways with Power I would imagine they will want to see both the colour of his money for the rent and the whites of his eyes for trustworthiness ebfore they consider moving forward with any sale.

Add into the equation the crap financial position Clem is inheriting, the undoubted skeletons which will appear out of the closet and the need to stay in the division as objective 1, I cannot see anything more solid than some nice words happening WRT the ground for the next 12-24 months.

If it does need some tarting up to generally improve the environment and sort certification, this is probably something the Trust/fans can help with short term, you provide the materials the fans provide the labour and expertise.

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 10:57:56 »

It has PP, sort of. Albeit it Power is clever he could boost its value considerably by not building it.
Flashheart

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 10:58:25 »

I reckon it was a legit plan. Not a benevolent plan mind, but one that would make him money in the long run.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 11:53:00 »

There are a number of issues and or hurdles to overcome. I am confidant that CM knows all about the Highworth ‘training ground’ saga. I am equally confidant that CM would not want to engage with LP in anyway going forward that would enrich the bloke.

So where does that leave us. Well as it stands the club do not have a dedicated training facility with shall we say commensurate medical, injury and rehab facilities outside of the county ground. But and there is a win win opportunity. I did mention that Clem had asked for a tour of the Swindome and indeed after the game he had a rather relaxed and genial conversation with Jez not 10 yards from where I was sitting. STFC have used Webb’s Wood before but again as I mentioned they were not as quick to pay as they were to ask to use it, which is why over the years the club has used a number of places to train.

I’d suggest that going forward the club admittedly would have to upgrade their playing surface to accommodate this but offer Supermarine the CG on alternate Saturdays in exchange for the use of Webb’s Wood. The Supermarine pitch could be upgraded to allow for development matches and training but also facilities for bigger clubs to use when in the area (like Rushden used to do), a win win for everyone. It would benefit Supermarine as they would admittedly only need to open the N. stand on match days but give them the opportunity to grown and maybe enter the league like Forest Green. The Webb’s Wood cannot be used for anything but sporting uses just like the CG either.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 12:25:52 »

Can’t see any Supermarine fan wanting them to play in another team’s ground out of choice, would rip the soul out of the club. Most fans go to games at that level because they enjoy the intimacy of the viewing experience you get with proper non league football

There doesn’t need to be a “deal” just pay them the going rate to train at the Dome thing
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 12:27:28 »

There are a number of issues and or hurdles to overcome. I am confidant that CM knows all about the Highworth ‘training ground’ saga. I am equally confidant that CM would not want to engage with LP in anyway going forward that would enrich the bloke.

So where does that leave us. Well as it stands the club do not have a dedicated training facility with shall we say commensurate medical, injury and rehab facilities outside of the county ground. But and there is a win win opportunity. I did mention that Clem had asked for a tour of the Swindome and indeed after the game he had a rather relaxed and genial conversation with Jez not 10 yards from where I was sitting. STFC have used Webb’s Wood before but again as I mentioned they were not as quick to pay as they were to ask to use it, which is why over the years the club has used a number of places to train.

I’d suggest that going forward the club admittedly would have to upgrade their playing surface to accommodate this but offer Supermarine the CG on alternate Saturdays in exchange for the use of Webb’s Wood. The Supermarine pitch could be upgraded to allow for development matches and training but also facilities for bigger clubs to use when in the area (like Rushden used to do), a win win for everyone. It would benefit Supermarine as they would admittedly only need to open the N. stand on match days but give them the opportunity to grown and maybe enter the league like Forest Green. The Webb’s Wood cannot be used for anything but sporting uses just like the CG either.
Sorry but letting them use the CG is a stupid idea for both them and us. Using their facilities for training is one thing and makes sense, having them ground share with us and lose their identity whilst increasing wear on our pitch does not.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 12:30:39 »

Can’t see any Supermarine fan wanting them to play in another team’s ground out of choice, would rip the soul out of the club. Most fans go to games at that level because they enjoy the intimacy of the viewing experience you get with proper non league football

There doesn’t need to be a “deal” just pay them the going rate to train at the Dome thing

Or negotiate some kind of feeder club option where they have first option on our fringe players to take on loan for a discounted rate to train at the Dome.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 12:35:39 »

I'm sure the council will be happy to dispose and get money in their pocket
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 12:41:34 »

I am sure there is some mutually beneficial deal that can be reached that benefits all parties, why they would want to play at the CG is anyone's guess, we can barely fill it let alone a fair few divisions lower.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: