Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Speedway Stadium  (Read 7234 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, September 29, 2022, 09:41:44 »

Good piece in the Adver although a litle inconclusive.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/22816220.future-hold-abbey-stadium/

Long and short, unless they get the s.106 varied or removed the final 179 houses won't be built until the stadium is finished.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, September 29, 2022, 09:45:17 »

But what would the stadium be used for!

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, September 29, 2022, 10:11:48 »

exactly Jimmy.

I reckon the dogs are on their last legs. You surely aren't going to build a new stadium for them alone.

Assuming the current stadium isn't fit for purpose for much longer they will surely 'reluctantly' vary the 106
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, September 29, 2022, 10:18:15 »

exactly Jimmy.

I reckon the dogs are on their last legs. You surely aren't going to build a new stadium for them alone.

Assuming the current stadium isn't fit for purpose for much longer they will surely 'reluctantly' vary the 106

Complete aside but I went on a work event at Romford dogs a few years ago. It was great fun but there were some 'fascinating' people there. Romford itself didn't live fondly in the memory, alongside a visit to Luton some years previously. Once was very much enough for me!

There was a guy from work who wasn't the sharpest tool in the box and didn't really know what to do so ended up copying me. (which wasn't the best idea as I was pretty much going by guesswork also) After yet another blank race I was amazed to see him with £50 in his hand which he had collected. He ended up mishearing my 'tip' and going with a completely different selection which ended up paying out!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
cdakev

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, September 29, 2022, 10:22:27 »

Terrible news but expected. For some of us on here we used to go to Football and speedway.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, September 29, 2022, 10:26:21 »

exactly Jimmy.

That's the intriguing bit of the report and I have no idea what he's alluding to unless it's Bangor racing.

Club Chairman Terry Russell said: “I am disappointed that my 17-year involvement with the club has ended. However, I am very excited about the new venture and bringing a new facility built especially for motorsports.”

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, September 29, 2022, 10:38:42 »

That's the intriguing bit of the report and I have no idea what he's alluding to unless it's Bangor racing.

Club Chairman Terry Russell said: “I am disappointed that my 17-year involvement with the club has ended. However, I am very excited about the new venture and bringing a new facility built especially for motorsports.”

From this article -

https://britishspeedway.co.uk/miscellaneous/swindon-speedway-statement/

However, these recent discussions have revealed a keenness from a number of potential investors to create a new motor sport stadium within the environs of greater Swindon.

It is the intention that the site would be a new build, in an environment which would allow regular use of a stadium specifically for Motorsports. Speedway would form an integral part of this plan.

Consequently, a new company Swindon Motorsports Limited has been formed with the intention of identifying a suitable site and achieving planning permission. It is hoped that this option will bring about the swift return of speedway to Swindon.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, September 29, 2022, 10:48:52 »

From this article -

However, these recent discussions have revealed a keenness from a number of potential investors to create a new motor sport stadium within the environs of greater Swindon.

It is the intention that the site would be a new build, in an environment which would allow regular use of a stadium specifically for Motorsports. Speedway would form an integral part of this plan.

Consequently, a new company Swindon Motorsports Limited has been formed with the intention of identifying a suitable site and achieving planning permission. It is hoped that this option will bring about the swift return of speedway to Swindon.

Cheers Bob, the Adver being selective on what they print😀

So, give no fucks
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, September 29, 2022, 10:56:02 »

I assume a venue with karting, bangers, track days, motocross etc plus speedway could be viable assuming a site is found. Maybe the old South Marston airfield but dunno what the plans are for the Honda site.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, September 29, 2022, 11:25:37 »

It’s ironic that Peterborough are in the same boat, and are looking for an out of town site for speedway. The greyhound stadium closed a few years ago, but wasn’t being used for anything else, speedway being at the showground
Shizzle

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, September 29, 2022, 11:38:28 »

From this article -

Maybe they could attach a snowdome to side of the proposed new facility?
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, September 29, 2022, 11:55:26 »

I live by the stadium and noticed that the Taylor Wimpy sign that went up yesterday about new homes had been ripped down over night.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, September 29, 2022, 14:24:46 »

I live by the stadium and noticed that the Taylor Wimpy sign that went up yesterday about new homes had been ripped down over night.
Excellent
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, September 29, 2022, 15:37:45 »

exactly Jimmy.

That's what I would be advising my client, sorry Mr Planning Officer both users of the potential new stadium have walked away from the scheme so there is no longer need for it (or a viable use) but we note that you do need new houses as these will be accounted for in your housing numbers, so if you can just endorse this document here and here.

Whether the Council have the gumption to stand their ground who knows.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, September 29, 2022, 16:50:49 »

I see the Oasis is now a ruin as well, there won't be a lot of decent memories of the town left at this rate. At least the CG appears to be moving in the right direction.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: