Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Starling Bank  (Read 1629 times)
Barry Scott

« on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 12:37:05 »

I've read lots of negative reviews that makes them out to be utter cunts and a huge pain if there's problems

Has anyone actually used them? Are they as terrible as they sound?

Starting to think one of the big 4 secretly owns them so they could scare people into staying with a big bank like I now will!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 12:38:14 »

Never heard of them, are they ruffling feathers?  Smiley
DerbyRed

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 12:43:34 »

I use them for my business banking - never had an issue with them, but then again I've never had any problems which meant I've had to get in touch with them and test their customer service.
AldbourneRed

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 12:48:45 »

Been using them for a couple of years, as has the wife. I'm a big fan - the usability and flexibility of the app and accounts are top notch and are definitely a more modern way of running a current account. We also looked at Monzo and Revolut, who are similar.

We've not had any issues so haven't had experience one way or the other as to what it's like when things go wrong, but they were great when setting up the accounts.

The Trustpilot reviews for Starling seemed on the whole pretty good to me, certainly a lot better than the big banks:
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/starlingbank.com

Could it just be a case of people complaining when things don't go well, but not saying much if they do?
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 13:58:03 »

Hope it's not Josef Starling.
« Last Edit: Friday, July 16, 2021, 14:12:42 by donkey » Logged

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 13:58:33 »

I use starling as my day to day account, nothing to complain about here. And less annoying and more self-sufficient (as an organisation) than monzo

Things get better but they never get good
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 14:36:20 »

I use them for business and no issues using them.   The advantage of these guys is that they have a banking licence as opposed to some others such as tide who only have a money trading licence and so are less secure and aren't trusted by other banks.   Don't believe me try opening a share trading account with a tide current account.

All banks have had issues with customer service over the last year or so, all the big boys closed their doors to new business customers to reduce workloads.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, July 16, 2021, 15:35:48 »

Switched all my current account stuff to them about 18 months ago, had no issues whatsoever.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: