Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England v Denmark  (Read 21037 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Thursday, July 8, 2021, 12:09:06 »

Why the fuck do we have such a bunch of fucking arseholes as fans.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/577630015E

Compare and contrast https://twitter.com/munchenbikkies/status/1413054717488418816?s=20
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #181 on: Thursday, July 8, 2021, 12:27:40 »

Link is broken for me but I assume it’s talking about the booing and the laser?

The laser could have just been one stupendously brain dead individual, but the booing was a collective effort. It’s so obscenely pointless. Has zero effect other than to make the england support look like a collective of pricks. I can’t fathom why anyone would think it’s a good idea
Yes hopefully fixed the link now.

The laser is stupid in the extreme but as you say the booing annoys the fuck out of me, especially when you know it winds up players of the opposition as well as a total lack of respect, its even announce don the tannoy before. Mindless idiots.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Thursday, July 8, 2021, 13:02:01 »

didn't even sport the laser until ITV showed it after. It's a fucked up thing to do
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Thursday, July 8, 2021, 13:09:33 »

didn't even sport the laser until ITV showed it after. It's a fucked up thing to do
It was bought to the referees attention early in the 2nd half I think - he stopped the game and went and reported it to the 4th official

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Thursday, July 8, 2021, 13:10:38 »

It was bought to the referees attention early in the 2nd half I think - he stopped the game and went and reported it to the 4th official

Ah, is that what that was all about? I did wonder at the time.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Thursday, July 8, 2021, 13:26:28 »

Ah, is that what that was all about? I did wonder at the time.

Yeah, you saw him waving a mock laser from side to side when he was informing the 4th official

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Thursday, July 8, 2021, 13:27:21 »

Yes hopefully fixed the link now.

The laser is stupid in the extreme but as you say the booing annoys the fuck out of me, especially when you know it winds up players of the opposition as well as a total lack of respect, its even announce don the tannoy before. Mindless idiots.

No Surrender!  Innit.

The stupid thing about booing another Nations National Anthem is the only outcome likely is the players getting a faster start against your team.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Thursday, July 8, 2021, 13:30:02 »

It's embarrassing.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #188 on: Thursday, July 8, 2021, 13:36:20 »

I wonder if the italians will be charged for booing the Spain anthem
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Thursday, July 8, 2021, 14:13:55 »

National anthems are stupid, football fandom is 90% panto and booing the anthem is part of that. I don’t have a problem with it and wouldn’t clutch my pearls if other nations boo’d god save the queen

That said, I don’t think England fans should boo the Italian anthem on Sunday purely because it’s guaranteed that the Italian players will use that to their advantage. If anything I’d encourage people to sing along to the Italian anthem, really get in their heads

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Thursday, July 8, 2021, 14:15:48 »

plus the Italian Anthem is a great tune.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Thursday, July 8, 2021, 14:22:11 »

See online that the most likley outcome is a huge fine of c.£8k, but there is the option for the game to have to be replayed.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Thursday, July 8, 2021, 17:06:46 »

In the pub. Only Strongbow on tap and can't see the whole screen but maybe that's the price to pay. Come on England.
A pub that only sells Strongbow? 😮

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Thursday, July 8, 2021, 17:19:04 »

I cannot for the life of me remember where now, but I am 99% certain this sparked a memory of having been in a place over here that had ZERO taps.  All bottles and cans.  It will turn out I am lying of course, but I am certain this happened.

On the plus side, I have a spot local to me that has 100+ taps!!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Thursday, July 8, 2021, 17:28:21 »

A pub that only sells Strongbow? 😮

Well, the only cider. There was a much more respectable selection of beers (and Tennant's) which I made do with.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: