Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lucid dreaming  (Read 1512 times)
Flashheart

« on: Sunday, July 4, 2021, 13:26:37 »

Does anybody else experience this? It's where you're dreaming but you're aware you're dreaming - and you can do whatever you like.

It happens for me once every couple of weeks or so, and I'm unable to just switch it on or off at will. Sometimes in a dream, something will happen that makes me ask whether I'm dreaming or not and then it just switches on. Although I don't get to create the environment consciously.

I've been in a huge, glass-fronted building amazed at what my subconscious was constructing. The detail was incredible and another thing about lucid dreams is that you tend to remember them. One can actually feel, touch, and smell everything as well just as though it was real. I suppose the brain just fills that in. And the sex is amazing if I think to get around to it.

Apparently, you can train yourself to switch it on. I recommend it, it's a fascinating experience.
Hunk

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, July 4, 2021, 13:44:00 »

I naturally fall into lucid dreaming maybe a few times a year, and I’ve tried to make it happen using something called binaural beats, which hasn’t worked. It’s an amazing experience when it clicks into place, but it’s been a few months since my last one so it’s quite hard to accurately describe.

I might try some sleep hypnosis or some other method while I’m isolating.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, July 4, 2021, 13:51:26 »

I don't think I've ever had a lucid dream, but speaking of sex and sleep, some years ago I dreamed that  a woman was having  having sex with me, on top.  I asked her who she was, and she said clearly "Linda Beeton."  I remember it well because the dream ended abruptly as my wife poked me and called me some bad names for waking her, as I humped the bedclothes. The sex was great.

I'm opening myself up to ridicule, but it's a true story. I'd read about Incubus,and succubus, where the dream woman instigates the sex.  Probably I was just frustrated!

ust be the oldest
Barry Scott

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, July 4, 2021, 14:01:11 »

Think I mentioned it on here before, I’ve had sleep paralysis my whole life (experience it multiple times a week) and also regularly lucid dream. I’d say I know I’m dreaming in excess of 90% of the time.

I don’t really get to choose the dream, but I do normally get to do what I want (to a point). It’s strange though it’s not like total awareness and control it’s a delicate grasp. If I take too many liberties I tend wake up or flit between almost awake and not completely in the dream.
Hunk

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, July 4, 2021, 14:10:27 »

Think I mentioned it on here before, I’ve had sleep paralysis my whole life (experience it multiple times a week) and also regularly lucid dream. I’d say I know I’m dreaming in excess of 90% of the time.

I don’t really get to choose the dream, but I do normally get to do what I want (to a point). It’s strange though it’s not like total awareness and control it’s a delicate grasp. If I take too many liberties I tend wake up or flit between almost awake and not completely in the dream.

When your lucid dream kicks in, are you able to run forward normally? I can’t do it. It feels like I’m trying to run underwater. I have to turn around and run backwards or get on all fours and run like a dog from my pursuer (which, if memory serves, was a machete wielding Sven Goran Eriksson the last time)
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, July 4, 2021, 14:16:21 »

When your lucid dream kicks in, are you able to run forward normally? I can’t do it. It feels like I’m trying to run underwater. I have to turn around and run backwards or get on all fours and run like a dog from my pursuer (which, if memory serves, was a machete wielding Sven Goran Eriksson the last time)
Swede dreams then Hunk Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, July 4, 2021, 14:51:05 »

I have had it a fair few times, but none that I remember for a decade or more now.

memories of them are therefore vague.

I have more recently have had dreams I've woken up thinking "thank fuck it's a dream" but that's not for here
Hunk

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, July 4, 2021, 15:44:37 »

Swede dreams then Hunk Smiley

There’s Norway I’m gracing that comment with a serious response (it works because Norway is near Sweden 😎)
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, July 4, 2021, 15:47:54 »

I love lucid dreams but haven't had one that I can remember for years (I often don't remember my dreams). The last time I did, I had two on consecutive nights. In the first one I could fly - not much, just about above the trees, and I had to concentrate and think about flying to do it and get higher/maintain height. The second one was a Radiohead concert where I also had the ability to swoop around what seemed to be the Royal Albert Hall, zooming and in out on the musicians. Wish I could have more and/or remember dreams in general, especially lucid ones.
Flashheart

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, July 4, 2021, 15:51:45 »

Flying is one of the ways I confirm to myself that I'm in a dream.
Hunk

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, July 4, 2021, 16:30:00 »

Here’s a link to a binaural beat video that’s supposed to be able to help induce lucid dreaming. As I said earlier, didn’t work for me, but I found it to be relaxing nonetheless:

Loobug

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, July 4, 2021, 21:52:54 »

I used to have some kind of Lucid dreams where I was flying and could control directions but I was always flying through white noise like you used to get on the telly… no clear pictures..

On a semi related note, I had sleep paralysis once - very scary business, was freaked for what seemed like half an hour. Never happened again..

Then one time, i went sleep walking and I was fully conscious of it but couldn’t control it. It was right after I saw Blair Witch Project in the cinema and that night I got out of bed and
Went and stood in the corner of the bedroom facing the wall, like in the film. I couldn’t move until the missus told me to stop being daft and get back in bed… at which point, I remember feeling compelled to do that…
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: