Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Round of 16 Day 3: Croatia v Spain, France v Switzerland  (Read 14385 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 08:07:15 »

Before the Lord Mayor's Show today: we have two flawed sides in Croatia v Spain and one fairly significant mismatch between France and their alpine neighbours Switzerland.

Not seeing many goals today.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 08:08:37 »

Before the Lord Mayor's Show today: we have two flawed sides in Croatia v Spain and one fairly significant mismatch between France and their alpine neighbours Switzerland.

Not seeing many goals today.

Given what we've seen so far would you put it past the Swiss to shock the French? I think they have a pretty decent side so might do better than some think.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 08:11:07 »

Slightly off topic but after the absolute shambles of the last season I'm really enjoying this tournament. Some good games, great goals, generally consistent refereeing, VAR seemingly being used sparingly and properly, the 'minnows' giving it a good go. Even play acting seems to be less in this tournament as the refereeing standard is so high.

Of course we have England to go out to Germany on Tuesday to endure but i'll get over that quick enough.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 08:14:50 »

Given what we've seen so far would you put it past the Swiss to shock the French? I think they have a pretty decent side so might do better than some think.

Honestly no. Comparing to the Czechs/Dutch game yesterday, the French are a much better managed and less obviously flawed team than the Dutch and the Swiss have fewer players of quality than the Czechs. Would be a much larger shock I think.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 08:19:55 »

Honestly no. Comparing to the Czechs/Dutch game yesterday, the French are a much better managed and less obviously flawed team than the Dutch and the Swiss have fewer players of quality than the Czechs. Would be a much larger shock I think.

Yeah I am inclined to agree. The sulky tantrum French of old appears to have gone and they appear to be a well oiled machine. I can't remember what game it was in the Group stage but there was one game where Pogba who had been playing really well suddenly turned into an arrogant dick trying flicks and worldy balls, trying to dribble around everyone etc. If this mindset gets into other players heads then that could be the chink in the armour that the Swiss need.

RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 09:41:51 »

Yeah I am inclined to agree. The sulky tantrum French of old appears to have gone and they appear to be a well oiled machine. I can't remember what game it was in the Group stage but there was one game where Pogba who had been playing really well suddenly turned into an arrogant dick trying flicks and worldy balls, trying to dribble around everyone etc. If this mindset gets into other players heads then that could be the chink in the armour that the Swiss need.
The Swiss are a well organised side and indeed, in the Group stages, frustrated the Euro Final-bound French back in 2016.  Not to be written off.

You are right about the sulky days being behind France.  However, I think Pogba for France is very different to Pogba for Man Utd and he is a big "team" player for them off, as well as on, the pitch.  
« Last Edit: Monday, June 28, 2021, 09:44:20 by RedRag » Logged
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 09:58:55 »

I did have a ticket for this last 16 tie in Copenhagen, Croatia v Spain as it turns out.
No option but to take the refund earlier this year.
A shame, the Little Mermaid will have to wait.

Hopefully will be able to catch a random game or two in Germany in 2024.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 13:43:26 »

Didn’t realise it was in Germany next time, assumed this new structure was here to stay.

Good to get it back to how it was
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 16:16:25 »

Kovar, is that you ?

I come from a land down-under
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 16:17:07 »

Kovar, is that you ?
 Cheesy Cheesy:  Kovar wouldn't have been that c!ose.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 16:17:52 »

Yowzer! That’s some OG
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 16:28:57 »

Kovar, is that you ?

More like the Fryer backpass I reckon.

I've very much done this as a keeper (as Tails and others could attest) and it's an absolute nightmare. I'm not an international keeper mind...
« Last Edit: Monday, June 28, 2021, 16:32:56 by Nemo » Logged
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 16:34:57 »

Decent equaliser that.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 16:37:49 »

Comparing every goalkeeper fuck up with Kovar is getting a bit tiresome. Get some new material people.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 16:52:54 »

Comparing every goalkeeper fuck up with Kovar is getting a bit tiresome. Get some new material people.

I'm glad all Kovar...

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: