Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England v Germany  (Read 25329 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 19:07:52 »

The one thing that teams that win tournaments do is win games when they don’t play that well.

To be fair England haven’t yet played really well, but have been able to keep clean sheets & score goals when they really need to.

Hopefully this continues until the final, and the they play a blinder & batter somebody.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 19:10:02 »

Struggling to watch Sweden v Ukraine might have to watch the last 10 minutes of the second half to see how its going

So, give no fucks
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 19:10:40 »

Fucking still riding this, wave til Saturday at least.

If people don't think sport has an impact on the morale of a nation (or even a boost at least) then I'm not sure what Rock they live under.

Nipped out at FT to grab some more beers (skipped the pub as wasn't too sure of where was screening it and decent etc) and saw, fucking humans smiling at each other. Total strangers. Something that has been vacant for a good while. Like people actually having unconditional respect for one another.

I'm not talking people happily beered up with faux happiness. Genuine niceties. Sometimes we just need this kind of shit to lift a few grey clouds.

Fucking buzzing. No doubt it comes crashing down on Sat Eve but boy oh boy there are billions of endorphins bouncing around rigtt now. It's a nice vibe. I hope this can time well with the emergence of coming out of covid restrictions and we can continue being a bit nicer to each other!

It might just be coming home!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #198 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 19:11:18 »

Cowley's predictions just as good as usual
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 19:17:36 »

Let's hope that England don't drop their game when playing away against lesser (than Germany) opposition

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 19:17:57 »

Fucking still riding this, wave til Saturday at least.

If people don't think sport has an impact on the morale of a nation (or even a boost at least) then I'm not sure what Rock they live under.

Nipped out at FT to grab some more beers (skipped the pub as wasn't too sure of where was screening it and decent etc) and saw, fucking humans smiling at each other. Total strangers. Something that has been vacant for a good while. Like people actually having unconditional respect for one another.

I'm not talking people happily beered up with faux happiness. Genuine niceties. Sometimes we just need this kind of shit to lift a few grey clouds.

Fucking buzzing. No doubt it comes crashing down on Sat Eve but boy oh boy there are billions of endorphins bouncing around rigtt now. It's a nice vibe. I hope this can time well with the emergence of coming out of covid restrictions and we can continue being a bit nicer to each other!

It might just be coming home!

You don't half get through some beer Kevin Pint

So, give no fucks
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 19:43:58 »

You don't half get through some beer Kevin Pint

My slender frame is very deceptive in regards to a few scoops.

Although in truth. I don't drink that much at all any more. Just a case or two a day...   Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 19:47:32 »

From what I've seen so far I don't think we have much to fear from Sweden or Ukraine in the next round (famous last words!).   Suicide Suicide

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 19:50:21 »

My slender frame is very deceptive in regards to a few scoops.

Although in truth. I don't drink that much at all any more. Just a case or two a day...   Pint

I don't think drinking upto 48 cans or bottles a day is anything to worry about😀

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 20:27:29 »

The Kane doubters have😀

One goal doesn’t not change the fact up until that point - he has not had a good tournament.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 20:34:12 »

From what I've seen so far I don't think we have much to fear from Sweden or Ukraine in the next round (famous last words!).   Suicide Suicide

Ukraine play a lot like Swindon last season. Lots of side to side and backwards passing. So poor to watch. No ambition what so ever. I understand that kind of play if you are playing a Belgium or France but Sweden are no great team either.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 20:36:48 »

One goal doesn’t not change the fact up until that point - he has not had a good tournament.

Just like Shearer in 96

So, give no fucks
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 20:41:08 »

Very true but here's hoping its the confidence booster and catalyst he needed. Did seem a little more perkier than in the group matches today. Dropping deep did wonders really as it gave more licence to the flanks to get further up.

England are a real headache for any team because whilst they're doubling up on Kane. You have one of Sterling/Saka/Mount/Grealish/+ that you are giving space, to. Which no team wants to give any of the above any space.

Special mention to Shaw btw. He was playing like an overweight past it pro in the first half but he came to life second half. Assist for the first and laid off the ball to Grealish for the second I think. I was begging he took him off instead of Saka but Southgate made all the right calculated calls today.

The manager gets all the credit. This meant so much to him mentally too. Despite him being very reserved about it. His post match said it all. He know he let a nation down 25 years ago and even though most will have forgiven him. It's a mental monkey that he probably personally has struggled to shift.

Put that one well and truly to bed. Well done Mr Southgate!

'Incessant Nonsense'

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 21:06:50 »

Oh my. What a day.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2021, 21:07:13 »

Just like Shearer in 96

Marathon and not a sprint. Lest we forget that the front wheel skid has a very suspect set of ankles and has been out injured a lot this season and all though deemed fit, is not 100% considering his age. Never the less, that was a good strikers instinctive Finnish. Who knows what lies ahead in the next game in this tournament.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: