Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Day Two: WAL/SWI, DEN/FIN, RUS/BEL  (Read 4292 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #30 on: Saturday, June 12, 2021, 17:17:22 »

Just seen a WhatsApp message of him awake. He looks like shit but still alive. Fingers crossed
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, June 12, 2021, 17:18:06 »

Let's hope so and cheers for sharing

So, give no fucks
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, June 12, 2021, 17:20:23 »

See his legs move due to chest compressions is harrowing. Scary.

I hope he’s ok. Reminds me of Fabrice Muamba.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, June 12, 2021, 17:21:15 »

The news sounds a little more promising. Images being posted of him being conscious. Fingers crossed.
« Last Edit: Saturday, June 12, 2021, 17:24:10 by Private Fraser » Logged
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, June 12, 2021, 17:22:15 »

I've done CPR training (thankfully never had to in reality) and it's fucking grim. Better than the alternative though. Understand the desire for hope but think that it's best to wait for official news. Fingers firmly crossed.

Switched over to the cricket quite early on and I must say there's something very comforting about an England batting collapse in the circumstances.
« Last Edit: Saturday, June 12, 2021, 17:24:07 by Nemo » Logged
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, June 12, 2021, 17:25:29 »

Uefa statement says he's stable and being transferred to hospital.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, June 12, 2021, 17:26:33 »

The BBC have just confirmed that

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, June 12, 2021, 17:30:01 »

So, has the game been called off. The term being used currently in the media is ‘suspended’ does that mean it’s likely to restart today?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, June 12, 2021, 17:32:26 »

So, has the game been called off. The term being used currently in the media is ‘suspended’ does that mean it’s likely to restart today?

Further information in ten minutes but can't imagine there's any chance of a restart tonight.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, June 12, 2021, 17:33:02 »

Further information in ten minutes but can't imagine there's any chance of a restart tonight.

The statement came out literally two seconds after I posted that
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, June 12, 2021, 17:34:03 »

What about the Belgium V Russia game

So, give no fucks
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, June 12, 2021, 17:35:34 »

Danish FA say he is awake in hospital

Fuck me, that was tough to watch. The shots of his wife were harrowing. The people in charge of direction should be ashamed - there is no way any of that needed to be shown

The danish Fa tweet also referred to the game being temporarily postponed, which sounds optimistic

Things get better but they never get good
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, June 12, 2021, 17:54:12 »

Just a thing on CPR - defibrillators (automated versions of the CPR process) are fucking miraculous and if you have a spare five minutes, familiarising yourself with how they work and where they are is well worth doing. Manual CPR is difficult and has a low success rate. Defibs have a very high success rate and guide anyone in their use. There should be a lot more of them around
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, June 12, 2021, 18:00:17 »

Just a thing on CPR - defibrillators (automated versions of the CPR process) are fucking miraculous and if you have a spare five minutes, familiarising yourself with how they work and where they are is well worth doing. Manual CPR is difficult and has a low success rate. Defibs have a very high success rate and guide anyone in their use. There should be a lot more of them around

...and from what I’ve read on the internet (not a wholly reliable source) the way they are depicted in television & films is wholly inaccurate
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, June 12, 2021, 18:02:40 »

...and from what I’ve read on the internet (not a wholly reliable source) the way they are depicted in television & films is wholly inaccurate

Well, they largely leave out the fact that the defibrillator itself guides you through the process. The user certainly doesn't choose if and when a shock will happen, and it's more or less impossible to do it wrong. You apply patches and then the machine judges what, if anything, is needed.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: