Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fixtures 2021/22  (Read 5417 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, June 24, 2021, 08:44:36 »

First game - Scunthorpe (A)
Boxing Day - Exeter (A)
Final game - Warsaw (A)

Thoughts for the season?
22nd or better is the aim.

Teams to watch?
Usual suspects plus Bradford & Port Vale.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, June 24, 2021, 09:35:35 »

Exeter is my local game so Boxing Day should be a goer for me.

I would like to think with McGreals emphasis on making us harder to score against and playing a system similar to Wellens pressing game, (if he carries on as he did while at Colchester) then with some good signings we should be high mid table, maybe at times flirrting with the play offs.

McGreals record vs Swindon for Colchester has been played 7 won 5 and lost 1, scoring 13 and conceding only 6 goals in those games.

Normally he plays 451 which turns into 433 when attacking, likes to play with the ball on the ground and plays a pressing and quite attacking style when they have played against us under him.

He likes to play with a big strong fast striker who can hold the ball up but also score, the player that suited that best was Mikael Mandron who is 6 foot 3 and OOC at Crewe who could be a target possibly, he was a handful against us for Crewe when we played them both times last season.

He likes to play with 2 fast wingers, 2 defensive minded midfielders and a free roaming playmaker sitting behind the striker in a role that would have suited Twine well.

2 players he likes is Tom Lapslie a small defensive midfielder and speedy winger Paris Cowan-Hall both freed by Colchester this Summer.

It makes sense that he goes for players who know his system and he knows what their personality is like so they could well be targets.

All this depends on the outcome of the court case though if you believe McGreals statement and what funding he is allowed to have for the squad.

It will be nice to get back to looking forward to football again after the ownership issues and the durge served up under Sheridan for the last 8 months.

Bristol Rovers, Mansfield, Salford, Barrow, Carlisle and FGR have all made some good (and some numerous) signings so far but its too early to suggest who could do well until the squads are all in place.

Early doors I think Mansfield will do well, they have a good backing owner and in Nigel Clough a good manager, they have made a few early signings that on paper seem above L2 level.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, June 24, 2021, 09:59:46 »

Early doors I think Mansfield will do well, they have a good backing owner and in Nigel Clough a good manager, they have made a few early signings that on paper seem above L2 level.

Mansfield seem to do this most seasons and then amount to nothing.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, June 24, 2021, 10:07:45 »

Mansfield seem to do this most seasons and then amount to nothing.
They do but this is their first full season under Clough who is a far better manager than their last 5 Coughlan, Flitcroft, Cooper, McGuire and Dempster. Thats since 2018!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Panda Paws

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, June 24, 2021, 10:12:20 »

Absolutely dismal fixture list - small silver linings like Orient, Sutton, Exeter, Harrogate all on Tuesdays or holidays.

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, June 24, 2021, 10:22:20 »

Depressing fixtures to say the least.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, June 24, 2021, 11:13:08 »

Last time we started a season away at Scunthorpe, we won 2-0 and ended being promoted as champions. Hopefully a good omen for the coming season
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, June 24, 2021, 11:29:15 »

Depressing fixtures to say the least.

When was the last time they weren’t?

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, June 24, 2021, 11:43:22 »

When was the last time they weren’t?

Last pre season looked good on paper.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up