Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nostalgia! Remembering the 70's  (Read 15056 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Saturday, June 5, 2021, 10:35:29 »

October 73 is the best part of 73
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Saturday, June 5, 2021, 10:40:48 »

Harrington jackets!

Ox Blood DM’s.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #77 on: Saturday, June 5, 2021, 10:42:49 »

Harrington jackets!

Ox Blood DM’s.

I have both still Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Saturday, June 5, 2021, 10:47:13 »

Ox Blood DM’s.

Spent hours polishing them!

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Saturday, June 5, 2021, 10:49:47 »

Loved the 70’s cracking Rock music with the likes of Thin Lizzy and Rush on the scene.

Football back then was an adventure, spending Summers in Portsmouth I could have been a blue but became a Red.
Standing in the TE looking back my best memories of supporting this shit show of a football club. Looked forward to every Saturday and Tuesday night and simply lived for going to the County Ground.

Scary times though and you had to be street wise to avoid the battles in and outside the ground.

What a time to be alive, no pressure in life and always grateful of an older girl taking advantage of me.
Roll the clock forward life is tougher and feels more confined than it used to be. The empty spaces of fields and woodland have gone.
Fishing was better then, no bastard otters for a start.
Flashheart

« Reply #80 on: Saturday, June 5, 2021, 10:55:54 »

Ox Blood DM’s.

I love mine

Peter Venkman

« Reply #81 on: Saturday, June 5, 2021, 10:56:45 »

Mine are 8 holes too but worn a fair bit more than those seem to be Smiley

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Saturday, June 5, 2021, 10:57:50 »

I can recall playing Pompey a few times in the late 70's and they always seemed to end up in the Townend. You're right football the was exciting but also scary and you definitely had to have your witts about you both inside and outside the ground and going to away games was often a frightening experience as it was a ritual for the home thugs to literally run the away fans out of Town.

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Saturday, June 5, 2021, 10:58:17 »

So comfortable as well.
Happy memories.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Saturday, June 5, 2021, 10:59:59 »

Mine are 8 holes too but worn a fair bit more than those seem to be Smiley

I had a baby pair of docs and they made their debut in 76 against Everton when Stroud scored the wonder goal and when the scallys were climbing over the Stratton bank to gain entry

So, give no fucks
Flashheart

« Reply #85 on: Saturday, June 5, 2021, 11:00:18 »

So comfortable as well.

aye.

I was worried about mine being too hot out here, but they're not. If anything they're cooler than other shoes/trainers and stuff.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #86 on: Saturday, June 5, 2021, 11:00:37 »

I can recall playing Pompey a few times in the late 70's and they always seemed to end up in the Townend. You're right football the was exciting but also scary and you definitely had to have your witts about you both inside and outside the ground and going to away games was often a frightening experience as it was a ritual for the home thugs to literally run the away fans out of Town.
Absolutely, football is far more clinical now and softened in pretty much every way. I don't miss the aggro though TBH.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Saturday, June 5, 2021, 11:02:15 »

Absolutely, football is far more clinical now and softened in pretty much every way. I don't miss the aggro though TBH.

The aggro was at times really scary and glad that it's hopefully gone but any younger fans not around in the 70's & 80's won't realise how bad it was

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Saturday, June 5, 2021, 11:04:01 »

I love mine

Lovely pair of DM's and for me they have to be in Brown or black and none of this red,blue or white rubbish

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Saturday, June 5, 2021, 11:05:18 »

Ironically down in Pompey yesterday. Still love the place and going back.
A fair few 6:57 old boys with the tattoos on show.
One of my favourite games still the 3-1 home win with Kammy scoring the first with that diving header and running to the TE to celebrate.
Going by train that day was scary. The most impressive thing I notice in the City is the amount of Pompey tops on show, always the same a real hardcore fanbase.
Mind you like with most clubs it’s all a little quieter now.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: