Poll
Question: Would you support a move away from the County Ground?
Keep the stadium the way it is. Forever - 5 (4.5%)
Absolutely Not! We must stay and rebuild - 61 (55.5%)
No, but could understand it - 9 (8.2%)
Wouldn't be against it, but would rather not - 19 (17.3%)
Don't care - 1 (0.9%)
Yes, if we didn't move out of town - 10 (9.1%)
Yes, even if it was 'out of town' - 3 (2.7%)
Pack the whole thing up and move to Chippenham - 2 (1.8%)
Total Voters: 103

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Would you support a move away from the County Ground?  (Read 23705 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Thursday, June 3, 2021, 08:18:46 »

I was listening to the Clem interview on the LSP and he stated he was involved in the build of the Perth Glory stadium, which does have a few similarities to the County Ground.

https://footballtripper.com/australia/perth-glory-stadium/

Certainly appears to have 'character'

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Saturday, June 12, 2021, 18:15:46 »

I have no idea of what it would cost to either redevelop The County Ground but I was absolutely stunned earlier today to see Liverpool have permanently closed Anfield Road for the foreseeable future to create a construction site behind The Anfield Road End. Adding 7,000 seats at a ridiculous cost of £60 million. No pressure Clem, we’re just happy if the scoreboard and PA system works.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Saturday, June 12, 2021, 21:21:05 »

Anfield road end is a right shithole.  Much like the CG and in comparison with the other stands a bit of a joke.  It was weird to be there a couple of years ago and seeing that end was exactly the same as when I was there in '94!

Never knowingly overstated.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Saturday, June 12, 2021, 21:25:03 »

Stanley park behind😀

So, give no fucks
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 11:15:42 »

I was just looking at the satellite image of the CG and the problem with renovating behind the DR and the Stratton bank are restricted due to houses. However there is a mass of land where the cricket pitch is where we could renovate to our hearts content. Move the cricket pitch to Taunton or wherever, jobs a goodun!

The DRS was only built in the 90s though and is more than sufficient. That can be left alone.

The bank can be knocked and build something basic and small with a roof. Might lose a big of capacity but can make that back up down the line but a full sized stand at the other end.

Only downside is losing a row or two of parking spaces.

The Arkells stand development would be the big job, but no houses to worry about there.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 11:19:36 »

It's a shame we can't do what Leicester & Spurs have done build a new stadium right next to the old one. If only we could relocate the cricket ground and it's protected stand!

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 11:21:15 »

It's a shame we can't do what Leicester & Spurs have done build a new stadium right next to the old one. If only we could relocate the cricket ground and it's protected stand!

If you have the money and the will, anything is possible.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 11:27:03 »

I've yet to see anyone mention a suitable location as there's nowhere in or around Swindon unless yougo towards Chippenham

The site of the Oasis with the land for the phantom ski slope opposite is big enough, but parking in and out would be insanity.

I really don't think there is another viable option without going on the outskirts like Reading did.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 11:29:15 »

I can't  think of anywhere on the outskirts anymore unless you went along the M4 Towards Chippenham

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 11:31:34 »

It would be easier to dismantle the cricket club pavilion and resite that somewhere rather than try to look for a place big enough for a football pitch, stands and parking with access by all modes of transport.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 11:40:10 »

I can't  think of anywhere on the outskirts anymore unless you went along the M4 Towards Chippenham

Where was the original 'Front Garden' idea? What is now Wichelstowe?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 11:41:45 »

This one is irrelevant while Clem is in charge though - he has already stated that he has no intention of moving from the CG

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 11:43:07 »

Where was the original 'Front Garden' idea? What is now Wichelstowe?

Yes over towards junction 16

So, give no fucks
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #178 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 19:06:20 »

It would depend where it was. There's nothing viable around the existing site; selfishly the cricket ground is less utilised so should be taken over, as long as they have somewhere suitable to play that's accessible to all via transport links.

If it means the absolute survival of the football club then I'd also back a move but it would be a massive shame to lose the central location, especially given the community that Clem has spoken of.

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Thursday, July 22, 2021, 19:08:12 »

Stay put. No need to move.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: