Poll
Question: Would you support a move away from the County Ground?
Keep the stadium the way it is. Forever - 5 (4.5%)
Absolutely Not! We must stay and rebuild - 61 (55.5%)
No, but could understand it - 9 (8.2%)
Wouldn't be against it, but would rather not - 19 (17.3%)
Don't care - 1 (0.9%)
Yes, if we didn't move out of town - 10 (9.1%)
Yes, even if it was 'out of town' - 3 (2.7%)
Pack the whole thing up and move to Chippenham - 2 (1.8%)
Total Voters: 103

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Would you support a move away from the County Ground?  (Read 23703 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 18:24:04 »

I voted stay put but realistically, a club that survives into the next decade would be nice.

Are you a Biggins or a Kaler type dame?
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 18:37:13 »

Clem could do worse than trying to seek an audience with Paul Fletcher.
He'd know what to do with the not so grand old lady.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 19:08:17 »

Can absolutely guarantee The County Ground will still look the same in 10 years time.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 21:06:48 »

Can absolutely guarantee The County Ground will still look the same in 10 years time.

Exactly, it won’t happen in a residential area. If we don’t move, it won’t happen.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, May 27, 2021, 21:21:23 »

Could easily fit a bigger ground in, especially if cricket club is relocated.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, May 28, 2021, 07:05:18 »

It’s an archaic, dilapidated shit hole that doesn’t generate enough income.
We definitely need to do something about it - what exactly remains to be seen and could probably only be judged in hindsight.

I’d lose no sleep over moving out of the Town Centre and away from the CG.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, May 28, 2021, 07:52:31 »

I think I can say with confidence that the council will move heaven and earth to stop the club relocating within its authority boundary as they would be stuck with a white elephant falling to pieces with no money to do anything to it and no rental income at the very least. Therefore it is in its interests to have a generous and sympathetic attitude towards who ever takes over the freehold of SN1. After all it could be argued that once the trust and A N Other buy that freehold it no longer becomes the councils responsibility. I would therefore suggest strongly to both the Trust & A N Other that they submit plans for future development of the site for some sort of authorisation once the ink has dried on the sale documents. No one wants a white elephant like the mechanics institute to hang round like a bad smell.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, May 28, 2021, 07:57:32 »

I think I can say with confidence that the council will move heaven and earth to stop the club relocating within its authority boundary as they would be stuck with a white elephant falling to pieces with no money to do anything to it and no rental income at the very least. Therefore it is in its interests to have a generous and sympathetic attitude towards who ever takes over the freehold of SN1. After all it could be argued that once the trust and A N Other buy that freehold it no longer becomes the councils responsibility. I would therefore suggest strongly to both the Trust & A N Other that they submit plans for future development of the site for some sort of authorisation once the ink has dried on the sale documents. No one wants a white elephant like the mechanics institute to hang round like a bad smell.

Im well out of the know with regards to what can and can not be done with the land.

...but...wouldn’t the council (if they legally can) love to be rid of the football club so they could knock the stadium down and either build houses or sell to a developer to build houses.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, May 28, 2021, 08:04:55 »

It’s an archaic, dilapidated shit hole that doesn’t generate enough income.
We definitely need to do something about it - what exactly remains to be seen and could probably only be judged in hindsight.

I’d lose no sleep over moving out of the Town Centre and away from the CG.

The problem is in and around Swindon there are no sites suitable as the ones looked at 20+ years ago have all been developed I.e jct 15 & 16, Opposite the Honda factory and Shaw Forest

So, give no fucks
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, May 28, 2021, 08:16:49 »

The CG is a fantastic ground for football fans, both home fans and travelling supporters.

Whether it is a facility that can sustain a professional club in the 21st century is another matter.

I’d like to think that intelligent design could provide all that’s required in the current location.

I’ve posted before that the only reason I’d accept a move was if a new ground was part of a ‘sports village’ development that intelligently integrated mass infrastructure for sport, health, well-being and housing designed for those who want to live in that kind of environment.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, May 28, 2021, 09:01:27 »

Relocate the cricket club to Mannington Rec and resite the CG where it is. Rotate the ground 90 degrees and sit it a bit further away from Shrivvy Road. Job done.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, May 28, 2021, 09:05:14 »

If only it was that simple! Good luck trying to get the protected cricket pavilion relocated!

So, give no fucks
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #27 on: Friday, May 28, 2021, 09:08:58 »

Relocate the cricket club to Mannington Rec and resite the CG where it is. Rotate the ground 90 degrees and sit it a bit further away from Shrivvy Road. Job done.
Fuck you
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, May 28, 2021, 09:17:02 »

Cheesy
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, May 28, 2021, 09:18:03 »

If only it was that simple! Good luck trying to get the protected cricket pavilion relocated!

Just leave it there, it's not in the way of any development. Could even turn it into the new Town End bar.
« Last Edit: Friday, May 28, 2021, 09:19:58 by 4D » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: