Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: #NoMoneyNoPower  (Read 39270 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 11:51:00 »

If he’s not confident of winning he might as well sell up to Clem. The judges seem pretty insistent that admin will not happen with 1 firm bid on the table and 1 mythical one. Hopefully, he’ll be forced to sell before Admin is even a possibility.

Why are administrators not independently appointed?

They are insofar as their appointment has to be ratified by the High Court IIRC, albeit I am not sure what if any scrutiny this attracts.

I do know that the admin I was closely involved in required the Administrator to reveal any pre-admin involvement/contact they had had with the company affected, albeit I recall this only being in a subsequent report.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 11:52:13 »

Giving somebody the benefit of the doubt does not mean not treating them with suspicion.

Power had umpteen (often unsupported) claims made against him on a regular basis throughout his tenure at the club, whereas a few people have merely pointed out that we should not be taking Clem (or anybody) at his word.

I've yet to see a single person claim that Clem IS going to rip the club off/put us into admin/take us into admin or any of the other accusations that were made toward Power. The two just don't compare. You seem to be confusing caution with outright accusations of wrongdoing.

But that’s kinda my point. There WAS a huge amount of supporting evidence that Power was a rogue - 17 bankrupted businesses, I think it was. Again, with hindsight, people were shouted down when all the ‘I'm a fuckwit’ after a raft of transfer fees came into the club. We know now, of course, but at the time the denials were strong when it would have probably been appropriate to side with the notion that he had, indeed, pocketed it based on his previous behaviour.

And as if to prove a point I notice the comment has been changed to ‘I’m a fuckwit’
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 11:53:51 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #197 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 11:59:51 »

And as if to prove a point I notice the comment has been changed to ‘I’m a fuckwit’

It does not prove a point. It does not work like that.

Having reservations and doubts and raising them is one thing. Making outright accusations without supporting evidence is another entirely - and there was no evidence available at the time that proved the accusations being made. That somebody did x in the past IS NOT proof that they will do y in the future.

There's that difference between 'this is my opinion' and 'this is a fact' that so often causes kerfuffles one the TEF. The "I'm a fuckwit" auto-change was very deserving at the time.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 12:04:53 »

It proves that those who were of the opinion that Power had trousered the transfer fees were deemed to be fuckwits. I realise it’s all ‘I told you so’ but if people had made their feelings known strongly then without being ridiculed with the ‘prove it’ retorts maybe we wouldn’t be in this position now.
Flashheart

« Reply #199 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 12:12:23 »

It proves that those who were of the opinion that Power had trousered the transfer fees were deemed to be fuckwits.

No, it does not. You are missing the point.

It proves that people who go making unsupported assertions, expecting other people to just take them at their word - are fuckwits. **

Equally - if somebody came here now telling us it's a fact that Clem wants to just sell the land and county ground and build houses without proving supporting evidence - is also a fuckwit.

Even fuckwits can be right about some things. It does not necessarily make them any less of a fuckwit.

** Come to think of it, the reason the auto change was made is because some people just kept on repeating the same old thing ad-finitum and the same old discussions were being had over and over. There was even a phone in where somebody asked the question despite the same question being asked earlier on in the same phone in.

THAT is fuckwittery. It was going nowhere.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 12:28:01 by Flashheart » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #200 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 12:15:56 »

without being ridiculed with the ‘prove it’ retorts maybe we wouldn’t be in this position now.

How on earth is asking somebody to support their claims ridiculing them?

And those people who did go shouting off about their 'facts' achieved the grand total of nothing, and that is not anybody else's fault. They are not to blame.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 13:08:18 »

I don’t remember anyone saying they had facts - they were merely stating their opinion. That’s why labelling them fuckwits is ridiculing them.

The problem is that some hardly proffer an opinion on anything for fear of being wrong in the future.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 13:17:35 »

I don’t remember anyone saying they had facts - they were merely stating their opinion. That’s why labelling them fuckwits is ridiculing them.

The problem is that some hardly proffer an opinion on anything for fear of being wrong in the future.

Saying "Power is stealing from the club" isn't an opinion.

"I think Power is a crook" is.

There is a difference.

But either way it's irrelevant now. For once the fanbase isn't divided so let's enjoy that until the same sceptics of Power come back out for Clem (should he take over) and then we can start the cycle all over again.
Flashheart

« Reply #203 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 13:20:40 »

I don’t remember anyone saying they had facts - they were merely stating their opinion.

Complete, and utter, bollocks.

Some people were going nuts because others would not just accept them at their word. I remember at least one person rage-quitting for that exact reason. People who were just stating their opinions were not treated as fuckwits.

Fuck this, I have work to do.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #204 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 13:21:46 »

Complete, and utter, bollocks.

Some people were going nuts because others would not just accept them at their word. I remember at least one person rage-quitting for that exact reason. People who were just stating their opinions were not treated as fuckwits.

Fuck this, I have work to do.
Calm down man. 
Flashheart

« Reply #205 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 13:23:50 »

Calm down man. 

Fuck off  Wink

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 13:26:55 »

I don’t think anyone is getting arsey. Hopefully, it’s a reminder that in the future if things appear to be going Power-esque we, the fans, do something about it before it’s too late.

I’m convinced Moosehead knew a lot of what was going on but kept schtum.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #207 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 13:45:47 »

I’m convinced Moosehead knew a lot of what was going on but kept schtum.
I can confirm he knew/knows a lot lot more than he has said publically.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 14:02:29 »

I can confirm he knew/knows a lot lot more than he has said publically.

Why hasn't he said it? I could understand whilst he was still at the Adver but he doesn't have a dog in the fight any more and its hardly going to damage his cricket journalist career, unless Power has now set his sights on Gloucestershire?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 14:06:49 »

Maybe if he spills the beans on Power any future ‘source’ would think twice before talking to him.

Sounds a flimsy excuse, though.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: