Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: #NoMoneyNoPower  (Read 39281 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #60 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 14:12:09 »

I just unsubscribed as well. And stated the reason for doing so.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 14:22:02 »

I had pretty much decided already that I wouldn’t pay for a new ST if I was asked to pay again.

The difficult question would be if the club said you could carry forward your ST with a nominal admin fee, people might be convinced to carry on.

Not likely for Power I realise, but may persuade a few

We talking about the man who insisted those who had paid to see The Town v The gas a few years ago pay again for the rearranged game.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 14:34:02 »

We talking about the man who insisted those who had paid to see The Town v The gas a few years ago pay again for the rearranged game.
Didn't pay then and won't be paying now !!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 15:03:46 »

I’m 100% behind the trust, they’ve done some fantastic work over the last couple of months and have given the fans a voice in this whole debacle. They genuinely do have the club and community’s best interest at heart so therefore I will be prepared to follow whichever direction they feel is best.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 18:12:58 »

A grassy knoll would sort it out quicker.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 18:40:01 »

I don't see why it could possibly be a bad thing. the season starts Aug 14th. that's 86 days to get this club sorted.

this is the exact type of campaign that power will sit up and notice and begin to worry. if he wants to hang onto this club then he must realise he will not have the financial support from the fan base.

people saying power is playing a game of chess with the courts. Well check mate from the fans, now fuck off.

This type of campaign is as good as any in person protest
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 18:42:47 »

I think this was the wrong play by the Trust because, judging by people's responses so far, it risks dividing the fanbase. It's also by definition a destructive rather than constructive act.  There are strong opinions on both sides and a debate whether to support or oppose "starving the club" of money is possibly an unhelpful distraction at a time when the fanbase needs to be united in the face of a common enemy.

Understand what you mean but the risk here is that we assume that sitting on the fence is a 'neutral' position that wouldn't divide fans. If the Trust said 'keep supporting the club come what may' they'd get pelters, if they said 'each fan should make up their own mind' they'd get accused of not representing and leading, which is kinda what they're for.

Perhaps I would have liked to see a bit of surveying the membership first but I'm not going to kick off about it. I think the Trust at its best should be muscular and opinionated - blind(ish) loyalty is kinda what the Supporter's Club is for.

Ultimately I don't agree with every part of the Trust's plan (although I'm broadly in favour) but I'll support it because everyone pulling in different directions doesn't help either. Totally understand people who have more to lose, who are long term season ticket holders might feel differently and that's fine.

But yeah, football fanbases get divided by just about anything. There was even that one guy on here who thought we shouldn't sac Sheridan..
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 19:15:54 »

Understand what you mean but the risk here is that we assume that sitting on the fence is a 'neutral' position that wouldn't divide fans. If the Trust said 'keep supporting the club come what may' they'd get pelters, if they said 'each fan should make up their own mind' they'd get accused of not representing and leading, which is kinda what they're for.

Perhaps I would have liked to see a bit of surveying the membership first but I'm not going to kick off about it. I think the Trust at its best should be muscular and opinionated - blind(ish) loyalty is kinda what the Supporter's Club is for.

Ultimately I don't agree with every part of the Trust's plan (although I'm broadly in favour) but I'll support it because everyone pulling in different directions doesn't help either. Totally understand people who have more to lose, who are long term season ticket holders might feel differently and that's fine.

But yeah, football fanbases get divided by just about anything. There was even that one guy on here who thought we shouldn't sac Sheridan..

After all that’s been said both in your post and others, I have to assume the trust have their reasons and if they have published them and I’ve missed them, well shit happens.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 19:59:55 »

Unsubscribed and stated I would buy one again if Lee power leaves the club
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 20:08:32 »

I think this was the wrong play by the Trust because, judging by people's responses so far, it risks dividing the fanbase. It's also by definition a destructive rather than constructive act.  There are strong opinions on both sides and a debate whether to support or oppose "starving the club" of money is possibly an unhelpful distraction at a time when the fanbase needs to be united in the face of a common enemy.

It's a valid point.  There was no consultation.  Turning it around, I think I can see why they took this stance.  If they had put this out to consultation across the fanbase, you could guarantee the fanbase would be split.  So then what?  Does the Trust sit on its hands because there is no obvious consensus?

Simply put, this is the Trust leadership putting out their personal strategy.  If you disagree, unsubscribe.  If not, get behind it.  They can't be all things to all men/fans.  No time for fence sitting.  They get my vote...and my continued cash support.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 20:14:11 »

Too many cooks and all that.

You will not please everyone during these endeavours.

Just got to please enough.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 21:39:43 »

Don't forget that the Trust have sat very close to Power over the ground etc, so must have insights into how he operates, much more so than most of us. I doubt they would have advocated this action unless they were convinced it was necessary.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 23:44:30 »

An even better protest would be to give all the money you would spend to me. #nopowerallben

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Friday, May 21, 2021, 06:21:38 »

Think this is the right course of action from the Trust. Many of you are saying this will divide the fan base and obviously there will be people who disagree, but from what I've seen there is fairly broad support across social media. Anecdotally I'd say 80% in favour but that could just be my echo chamber...

The only reason Blackpool got their club back was because they starved it of cash and left the Oystons in a mess when the courts came calling. Our situation isn't exactly the same but it seems the right course of action to pressure LP out of the club.

As for risking the future of the club, the Trust are only a small and unrepresentative group so I'm sure this campaign will have no impact anyway...(!)
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Friday, May 21, 2021, 08:25:58 »

Morning all!

I still have approx £180.00 held by the club as a credit for unused Exec Lounge tickets.

I’ve been told that this credit was used by the club as a credit when submitting figures to the FA.

My money will there be held by the club for the 21/22 season.

Can they do this?

Cheers
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: