Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: #NoMoneyNoPower  (Read 39487 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 11:58:24 »

Wonder if he’d dare do another fans phone-in!

I wouldn't be surprised if we never heard from him again. Too many burnt bridges and too much danger of a Five Star moment with any phone in.
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 12:15:43 »

I wouldn't be surprised if we never heard from him again. Too many burnt bridges and too much danger of a Five Star moment with any phone in.

Matt Bianco?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 12:21:22 »

Matt Bianco?

I still think Eliot Fletcher had more panache with his delivery...  Wink
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 12:26:24 »

Whilst there is no way of ascertaining whether the Trust's proposed boycott is the best course, I ask myself is there anyone as well or better informed that the Trust?   Whom I can also trust personally?

ITK-ers, Power, Clem, Public records?

Who is the worst of them?  Power!

Giving some momentum to the Trust's recommended course of action therefore makes a great deal of sense to me.

It can be reviewed by the Trust and also, individually, by every fan choosing to follow the Trust's lead - as more evidence emerges.

I would urge every fan to follow the Trust's lead on this - whilst entirely respecting that there will be fans with differing assessments, outlooks or circumstances.  So boycott or not, we all need to stand together even if we act differently.

« Last Edit: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 12:29:21 by RedRag » Logged
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 12:31:25 »

Given there are at least one and maybe two real bids for the club on the table, it seems very likely that Admin should be avoided, especially with an injunction in place to prevent that anyway.  As we used EFL funds to pay the players, you'd also imagine that we should avoid getting into trouble with HMRC who are probably the only potential creditor who could throw any spanner into those works.

None of that sheds any light on whether either bid is any good for the club in the long run, but it provides a degree of assurance that an outcome will be reached if strangling the clubs already limited income pressed the issue.

Blackpool's prior example also should give some comfort - they technically entered Admin and avoided a penalty for doing so because of very similar reasons (although slightly more obviously dodgy at the time).

I don't really chuck much the clubs way these days, but my iFollow subscription won't be renewed.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 12:36:04 »

iFollow auto-renews and is an absolute shit to cancel, from memory. Something to put on the to do list.

Edit: https://ifollow.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002147717-How-do-I-unsubscribe- Only cancellable by email, can't do it on the app or online. Obviously you can sign up through both those pathways. Bloody hate companies that do this.
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 12:40:08 by Nemo » Logged
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 12:50:39 »

I still think Eliot Fletcher had more panache with his delivery...  Wink

That had completely passed me by - thanks google/you tube  Cheesy
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 12:54:11 »

iFollow auto-renews and is an absolute shit to cancel, from memory. Something to put on the to do list.

Edit: https://ifollow.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002147717-How-do-I-unsubscribe- Only cancellable by email, can't do it on the app or online. Obviously you can sign up through both those pathways. Bloody hate companies that do this.

e-mail sent
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 13:35:34 »

There will be those that want to support the players on the pitch, especially the older generation and there needs to be a way for them to do that without being called scabs etc and facing hostility before they go in.

This.

........you'd also imagine that we should avoid getting into trouble with HMRC who are probably the only potential creditor who could throw any spanner into those works.

Not so much worried about the creditor side of HMRC but they surely must be more interested in the amounts of money involved by the various parties on LP's side of this fiasco and where it currently sits. Unfortunately we have a little bit of previous in this regard.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 13:36:32 »

e-mail sent

Yep me too

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Crackity Jones

« Reply #55 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 13:38:31 »

I just emailed ifollow as well. I already got an email back confirming cancellation (in less than  30 mins)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 13:45:57 »

I just emailed ifollow as well. I already got an email back confirming cancellation (in less than  30 mins)

Yep me too Cheesy - they must be questioning what the hell is happening today to get all of these cancellations from Swindon fans all of a sudden

Shame they can't be as on the ball on matchday when there are issues with the streams

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 13:51:08 »

A difficult one for me on whether to renew ST.
Hopefully a clearer picture after the next court hearing.

I wonder what Reg would have advocated.  Hmmm

Would be inclined not to renew and then making even more of a day it on the road and some packed away ends.
 Beers

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 14:01:41 »

We are all to varying degrees anti-Power but clearly have differing opinions on how to approach the next step. The reaction has been inevitable.

I'll be interested to see what happens if/when Able emerge from the shadows with a spokesperson and a plan.

Seems like a daft concept at the moment could divide the fanbase as many people just want to watch football.

Although ridiculously late, they have to go public eventually.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 14:03:26 »

Yep me too Cheesy - they must be questioning what the hell is happening today to get all of these cancellations from Swindon fans all of a sudden

Shame they can't be as on the ball on matchday when there are issues with the streams

Yep, to be fair they responded almost immediately. I included the reason for my cancellation in the email, just in case they keep metrics on that sort of thing.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: