Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: #NoMoneyNoPower  (Read 39271 times)
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 09:14:51 »

Have a feeling the Trust previously advised that if a season ticket is purchased on a credit card, the club won't get the full amount up front, but instead trickled in monthly installments over a year. So a possible option for those who want to attend still, but don't want to give Power funds up front.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 09:46:56 »

Presumably, the trust is confident that this does not mean #nomoneynoclub?

Don’t be absurd. Lee Power is going to fund it himself is he not?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 09:52:18 »

The judge in court on Monday said that under no circumstances would he allow the club to be put into Administration or liquididated as there were 2 bids in place. Even if he had to step in and force the issue when the court meet in a month and make Power accept one of the bids.

The statement about #noclub is deliberately inflamatory and without any substance whatsoever.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 09:57:18 »

Good from the Trust. Power has to fund the club, as others have alluded to, or sell without a risk of admin due to judges orders. The club would be financially tied anyway to the EFL loan, so can’t imagine this having a huge influence on the playing budget for next season.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 10:20:48 »

The statement about #noclub is deliberately inflamatory and without any substance whatsoever.

Girl Giggle love it.  I merely asked the question.

Nothing to see here
cdakev

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 10:25:15 »

The judge in court on Monday said that under no circumstances would he allow the club to be put into Administration or liquididated as there were 2 bids in place. Even if he had to step in and force the issue when the court meet in a month and make Power accept one of the bids.

If there are two bids on the table now why can't the judge force a sale through now. The sooner the better, then the new owners can appoint their own man and start building a squad for next season. Dragging it on doesn't help anyone.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 10:28:09 »

[quote="cdakev]If there are two bids on the table now why can't the judge force a sale through now. The sooner the better, then the new owners can appoint their own man and start building a squad for next season. Dragging it on doesn't help anyone.[/quote]

I'm sure JB will have a better understanding.

But the judge said he was confident that the debts outstanding aren't going to cause the club to fold before the next check-in (likely June 15th).

I assume that means his power to force a sale is limited.
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 10:28:56 »

Have been a season ticket holder since the age of 8. Going to the football on a Saturday with family and friends is the highlight of my week however, I agree with the trust and I will not be spending another penny with Power as the owner. We need Power out banners hung up all round the town
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 10:33:45 »

If there are two bids on the table now why can't the judge force a sale through now. The sooner the better, then the new owners can appoint their own man and start building a squad for next season. Dragging it on doesn't help anyone.

I think the difficulty is that that everyone has seen/heard snippets of what is going on - via the couple of reported decisions, the papers, the trust and earwigging a couple of remote court hearings.

I can't say that I know everything that is going on and a summary from Cowley or anyone else in the know may assist.

I assume that Standing's claim has to be dealt with/determined first. 

Nothing to see here
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 10:37:14 »

I think I'll get on board with this, it'll end 25 years as a continuous season ticket holder but I think needs must now and it's time to call Power's bluff.  If he still reckons he can fund it himself then he can stump up and his belligerence will start costing him money....
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 10:38:25 »

Its an awkward one and surely the Trust needs to communicate with its members and decide if that is the way the membership wishes to go (more than likely it would be), there must be others things that can be done as well, like if paid last season ST on credit card apply for charge back etc, it all helps to excerpt pressure.

I see the point of not putting any more money into the club so it does not end up in LP's pocket, and agree something needs to be done by fans to try and force the situation.

Surely before (if) ST's are announced something has to be done about last season's ST's some sort of refund has to be offered (this was even suggested by judge in previous hearing about how much money was needed to keep the club going and this was taken into account) and I'm sure most if not all will want the refund, so surely that has to be dealt with, and if there is no money then they cant announce new ST's...unless at a vastly reduced price to get round it.

There will be those that want to support the players on the pitch, especially the older generation and there needs to be a way for them to do that without being called scabs etc and facing hostility before they go in.

They are already being called scabs by some on the great fb group (probably lead by their great leader the Cheltenham fan), there has to be some middle ground for them.

That Nestor Lorenzo Heade

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 10:47:34 »

Still think the Trust should set up a crowd funder to invite fans to make financial donations outside of the club to create a fighting fund / hardship fund in case its needed.  Money talks, and if nothing else it would create a good media story to draw more national attention to our plight.  And if the best happens and the club transitions to benevolent (and wealthy) new owners then I'm sure there are many great community initiatives the money could be used for.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 10:48:39 »

As others have mentioned, whilst the Trust take this stance, which is their right and many fans will get on board I really hope it does not polarise the fanbase. There are people that go and watch the football, support the team and will want to continue to do so ignoring the off the field politics. These fans must not be castigated, it is a free country and if they choose to go and watch STFC then that is their right.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 10:49:28 »

But the judge said he was confident that the debts outstanding aren't going to cause the club to fold before the next check-in (likely June 15th).

Bluntly he will have to have a reason to force a sale i.e. impending business failure without. Whilst it would be of sporting benefit to the club to get it sorted before mid June that's not a material consideration in what is a purely commercial dispute/case.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 10:53:20 »

Quote from: horlock07

Bluntly he will have to have a reason to force a sale i.e. impending business failure without. Whilst it would be of sporting benefit to the club to get it sorted before mid June that's not a material consideration in what is a purely commercial dispute/case.

you put that a lot better than i did
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: