Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: #NoMoneyNoPower  (Read 39265 times)
Panda Paws

« on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 07:46:09 »

Today TrustSTFC launched a new campaign calling on fans to not put a penny more into the club while it’s under the current ownership. No season tickets. No match tickets. No hospitality. No sponsors. No merch.

We have seen this work for other clubs, namely Blackpool, and feel it's the most powerful way to expedite a deal.

There will be significantly more press and social activity on this in the coming days, but details here. https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/19314756.trust-matters-can-make-voice-heard/

As the new season rolls around, we will be looking at things like away games, alternative merch etc but for now the message is clear. Not a penny more.

#nomoneynopower

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 07:53:48 »

Oooh. Such a difficult call this.

I went through the conflict internally and decided STs were not being renewed anyway. Much easier as eldest is trying to get a weekend job, and youngest isn't into it as much.

However those that still go to games should not be shamed/ostracised or whatever. Hopefully the comms will make this point, I'm sure they will.
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 07:58:54 by Batch » Logged
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 07:57:52 »

Presumably, the trust is confident that this does not mean #nomoneynoclub?

Nothing to see here
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 07:59:16 »

Another consideration that needs to be communicated
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 08:11:00 »

The club legally isn't allowed to enter administration as things stand at the moment, right? Though god knows how that stands up if the income disappears.

That said, it's had near-zero income from fans for the last 12 months and was described as 'hopelessly insolvent' when the ruling was made.

I guess the 'optimistic' scenario is that Power is made to cover any shortfall under "funding the club himself until September" as per the court case.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 08:14:47 »

Made me think of the Public Enemy song  Smiley

Some Isley Brothers instead  Wink

Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 08:22:11 »

This will split opinion, but I don’t trust Power with season ticket revenue, or new shirt sales, so I’m tentatively in favour. Desperate times, desperate measures.

The risk is this actually removes fan goodwill towards the Trust. I can certainly be used as a stick to beat the Trust with, and for Power to blame the Trust (wrongly) if ever the club did go to the wall. 
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 08:48:22 by Frigby Daser » Logged
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 08:32:19 »

I think a lot of fans on social media had decided this would be the case anyway, my only problem is shouting down those that don't want to to do this. Only thing that does is create divides when we need more unity.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 08:32:54 »

I am also in favour.  I am not prepared to spend another penny at a club that chooses to ignore its supporters
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 08:35:25 »

I am not convinced by this whatsoever.

Bar a few small transfers fees, is there really any money left for Power to take?

Surely staving the club of cash would mean there was even less money to be spent on the playing staff, which may push the club closer towards non-league.

Would it not be best to wait and see who Power appoints as manager and whether they are given any money to spend?

My two pence are that financially staving the club looks like a final role of the dice, and it is too soon to go this way. I am of the view that it is best to continue support the club as normal until the ownership matter is settled later in the year or until it becomes clear that the club is not fielding a side capable of staying in the football league.

We've just done that for 46 League 1 games.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 08:36:02 »

I would be interested to understand the cost benefit type analysis undertaken by the trust before pushing out this message.  Presumably, this is available?

Nothing to see here
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 08:42:06 »

ugh. Merch.  Bad Mood

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 08:44:03 »

There will be some who will still want to go and hand over their money and support their team and that's fair enough.

I have been going every season since 1962/63 but had already pretty much decided that it will be away games only for me until we have new ownership.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 09:02:51 »

This is all well and good until Hummel are announced as our kit supplier, then I’d be buying one!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, May 20, 2021, 09:06:00 »

Thing is what is there for the average fan to actually boycott for the foreseeable, ST's have not been announced so no chance for anyone to buy anyway, likewise the only merchandise to buy is last seasons which is being flogged off cheap.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: