Poll
Question: Who was the worst performer in a Town shirt this season?
Matej Kovar (21 apps) - 39 (43.8%)
Jonathan Grounds (33 apps) - 3 (3.4%)
Mathieu Baudry (17 apps) - 2 (2.2%)
Joel Grant (22 apps) - 1 (1.1%)
Taylor Curran (14 apps) - 39 (43.8%)
Jordan Stevens (16 apps) - 1 (1.1%)
Christopher Missilou (11 apps) - 0 (0%)
Matty Palmer (26 apps) - 0 (0%)
Anthony Grant (37 apps) - 1 (1.1%)
Tom Broadbent (19 apps) - 1 (1.1%)
Dom Thompson (25 apps) - 2 (2.2%)
Paul Caddis (28 apps) - 0 (0%)
Rob Hunt (23 apps) - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 85

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Unplayer of the Season Award  (Read 11033 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 09:07:59 »

Trouble is although a keeper may have not been good enough, they don't get the luxury of avoiding blame once goals are conceded.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 09:28:38 »

No Competition,  Kovar 100%,  we'd have survived had it not been for that clown.
I agree 100%.

Kovar by a country mile, worst keeper for Town in my 46 years of attending games.

Special mention to Curran though, well done you almost won something.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 10:02:50 »

Whilst I don't think anyone would argue that Kovar was terrible, I just had to give it to Curran. My reasoning is, igoring the conjecture about him getting a contract because of the financial input from his father, his overall effort to me was completely negligible. For someone in his position, you want 100% effort, you want an all out blood and guts performance. I think he was so far away from that it just wasn't funny. He wouldn't compete for headers, he would jog back into position, ball watch as if there were a flock of seagulls trying to steal his sandwiches, and when he was culpable for goals would just shrug his shoulders as if he'd missed the tube at Canary Wharf Station, knowing another would be along in 1 minute. Zero professional pride.

I voted Curran too. He isn't a professional footballer AND he shows zero professionalism or pride in his work. At least Kovar was trying (he was just fucking awful).
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 10:23:55 »

Yeah, I went more for attitude.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 11:44:54 »

I agree 100%.

Kovar by a country mile, worst keeper for Town in my 46 years of attending games.

Special mention to Curran though, well done you almost won something.

Oddly I think Kovar is probably going to be a better keeper than most of us think, just too inexperienced to play behind a shit defence and looked horribly out of his depth.

As for the worst, he’s close but I think lanzano might give him a run for his money, albeit we had the finances to ditch him fairly quickly
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 11:50:39 »

Jimmy glass was crap too.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 11:52:39 »

Jimmy glass was crap too.
Glass would have walked into this team at Christmas ahead of Fryer and Kovar TBH.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 11:53:51 »

Glass would have walked into this team at Christmas ahead of Fryer and Kovar TBH.

He was a more mobile striker than Pitman as well Smiley
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 12:13:28 »

Kovar looked like a young kid coached to within an inch of his life and exposed to tippy tappy football where he has never had to control an area.  It's like the scouts identified a tall footballer with good feet and decided he had the right build to be a keeper but he hadn't yet started to focus on the keepery stuff.

That said, he won't be as bad as he was for us ever again, he will develop.  He may not make it, but we saw his worst I think.

Curran is an affront to Professional Footballers.  I don't know what skills he has and what alternative career would suit him, but being a footballer is not the one a careers advisor should have guided him towards.  How the fuck he has been in two Academies of sorts before us is beyond me, but to have given him a 3 year contract must have sent the heckles up most of the squad.  I don't think I have ever watched us play before and seen other players having to point and direct another player so often.  There have been players who need an older head next to them, or someone to bring their confidence levels up, but at times you could see players like Grant having to tell him where to be, how to pass a ball and avoiding trying to get him too involved.

It would be shocking for him not to win this award.  Unlike Kovar, we got to see the best of what he will ever offer in the game, of that I am sure (just an opinion and people can hold me to it if I ever need to eat humble pie).
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 12:17:14 by RobertT » Logged
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 12:19:39 »

I think your humble pie is probably safe on the risk of Taylor Curran going on to greater things Rob.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 12:26:18 »

Kovar looked like a young kid coached to within an inch of his life and exposed to tippy tappy football where he has never had to control an area.  It's like the scouts identified a tall footballer with good feet and decided he had the right build to be a keeper but he hadn't yet started to focus on the keepery stuff.

That said, he won't be as bad as he was for us ever again, he will develop.  He may not make it, but we saw his worst I think.

Curran is an affront to Professional Footballers.  I don't know what skills he has and what alternative career would suit him, but being a footballer is not the one a careers advisor should have guided him towards.  How the fuck he has been in two Academies of sorts before us is beyond me, but to have given him a 3 year contract must have sent the heckles up most of the squad.  I don't think I have ever watched us play before and seen other players having to point and direct another player so often.  There have been players who need an older head next to them, or someone to bring their confidence levels up, but at times you could see players like Grant having to tell him where to be, how to pass a ball and avoiding trying to get him too involved.

It would be shocking for him not to win this award.  Unlike Kovar, we got to see the best of what he will ever offer in the game, of that I am sure (just an opinion and people can hold me to it if I ever need to eat humble pie).
This. You could see from players reactions when he came on and their reluctance to even pass him the ball everything you need to know. When Grant was playing centre back alongside him he was practically covering 2 positions as he didn’t have any faith in Curran. For someone in Curran’s position to then be completely half arsed in terms of effort is shameful.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 12:27:27 »

No Competition,  Kovar 100%,  we'd have survived had it not been for that clown.

Although overall awful, i do agree with this sentiment.

Cost us minimum 12 points....another six might of been enough.

Clems Army!
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 12:42:43 »

I feel bad as he's only going, but Kovar directly cost us lot of points and saved us zero. Special mention to Grounds, Baudry, Conroy too. Far too slow and sloppy.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 12:47:09 »

I think some people are underestimating just how negative an impact Curran had on the games he played.  I am sure he had a far worse record than Kovar even managed.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 12:54:15 »

I think some people are underestimating just how negative an impact Curran had on the games he played.  I am sure he had a far worse record than Kovar even managed.

Obviously Curran is shite and I'm in no way defending him, but I do think any impact he had on our end results is marginal.

As much as he's "played" 14 games, three of his six starts were in the nobody cares Trophy. Of the other 11 games, four were sub appearances in the 77th minute or later and none of them the result changed between when he came on and full time.

The other seven were:

Gillingham (started, 2-0 loss)
Doncaster (27th minute sub, they were winning already and went on to win)
Plymouth (45th minute sub, they were already winning and went on to win)
Shrewsbury (41st minute sub, they were already winning and went on to win)
Peterborough (started, 3-0 loss)
Rochdale (started, 2-1 loss)
Ipswich (62nd minute sub, they were already winning and went on to win)

Obviously he's fucking dreadful, but he's hardly been on the pitch when it's mattered before the last month of the season when everyone had given up anyway.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: