Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pub?  (Read 4371 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, April 23, 2021, 10:46:56 »

Not right next to the station, its about a quarter of a mile walk, turn right out of the station stright up London Road up to where the road forks left at the old Mechanics Institute and its on the left there opposite the MI in Emlyn Square.

The ones right next to the station are the Queens Tap and The Great Western, avoid these pubs.

Ah the one in the Railway Village, that's why I know it.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, April 23, 2021, 11:02:36 »

Hush your gums, the queens tap is a great pub (or was when I used to go regularly 3-4 years ago)

Things get better but they never get good
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, April 23, 2021, 14:20:07 »

Turn right out of the station and head into the railway village.
Look for the bloke waving his crutches in the air.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 10:18:22 »

I’m filled with dread that the Woodlands Edge is now open, well the garden is of course. Complete with 20 year old bleached cigarette butts, litter, wonky tables and more smoke than a local power station to taint anything you purchase. So we had a cheeky one sat outside the front. What surprised me was Timothy Taylor 4.3% £4.00 Abbott Ale 5% 3.60. What didn’t surprise me was one of the gents urinals by the fine dining side was already blocked. Normal ‘service’ has resumed. I’ll not be spending my hard earned wonga in there anytime soon. Time to crank up the home brew production.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 11:20:50 »

Went to the local last night for the second time since lockdown (only open 4-9 weekends), just not the same, sitting outside either hot Sun on your drink or bloody cold air chilling your nuts,  wonky tables and very little interaction without shouting across other tables etc.
I know pubs are doing everything they can and I sympathise with them but it's going to be a long time, if ever, we return to pubs as we knew them.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 12:13:19 »

Socially it ain't the same right now. It's ok if a group of 6 or something go together but even then, you're still only really nattering with the folk you know.

Part of the draw of a pub (for me, and I mean a proper pub not a place you go to eat and have drinks with) is being able to have a bit of a chat with anyone and maybe end up even buying one another a pint if there's some common ground.

Yes admittedly, some of you wouldn't want to get lumbered with me but if nothing else, there's personality amongst the common man/woman. At present the current set up is stripping that away. Ffs just give me a live gig, some real ale and few like minded people. Maybe a coy bereft barmaid that doesn't mind "massaging" your neck when she brings your pint over and a bit of brief conversation between sips of pint and the next song.

I don't care if the floor is like velcro, as long as they keep a good pint I'm no pub snob.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 12:30:26 »

Socially it ain't the same right now. It's ok if a group of 6 or something go together but even then, you're still only really nattering with the folk you know.

Part of the draw of a pub (for me, and I mean a proper pub not a place you go to eat and have drinks with) is being able to have a bit of a chat with anyone and maybe end up even buying one another a pint if there's some common ground.

Yes admittedly, some of you wouldn't want to get lumbered with me but if nothing else, there's personality amongst the common man/woman. At present the current set up is stripping that away. Ffs just give me a live gig, some real ale and few like minded people. Maybe a coy bereft barmaid that doesn't mind "massaging" your neck when she brings your pint over and a bit of brief conversation between sips of pint and the next song.

I don't care if the floor is like velcro, as long as they keep a good pint I'm no pub snob.

I think your stretching things Kev if you're expectating a massage from the barmaid unless of course you pay a little extra in a different type of establishment 😀

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: