Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Pompey pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 22292 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 19:25:25 »

strange warm feeling inside

lack of feeling shouty at own shadow

what's going on...

yeah it's too late, but credit where it's due. That was hard but good. Semi lucky at times, but also deserved

nice one town
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 19:27:16 »

It's a shame he couldn't jurassic park the bus properly.

Clap

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 19:30:05 »

Fucking Rochdale winning now as well.  Why didn't you fuck off weeks ago you Jurassic twat.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 19:33:47 »

Blame sits squarley with Power - should have fucked him off in Jan/Feb

This - just need him to fuck off for some consolation on a shit show of a season.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 19:42:42 »

We're down, knew that weeks ago. Still, it would be good to finish on a flourish.
diggers

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 19:47:28 »

Tonight showed what might have been, had the chairman actually given a shit and got rid of Sheridan months ago. This group of players will never set the world alight  but we really should have had enough to survive. We looked so much better tonight, all be it, against a very poor performance from Pompey.
Flashheart

« Reply #291 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 19:52:23 »

2-1 to wimbledon

Probably for the best, it'll only prolong the agony otherwise.

Plus, it's Oxford they're beating. Could you imagine them going up as we go down? *shudder*
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 19:55:47 »

We're down, knew that weeks ago. Still, it would be good to finish on a flourish.
This and if Power finally goes we have a silver lining for next season.
Well done Town tonight. Fair play to Brett x 6 who as far as I'm concerned can lay down in the centre circle and play with himself for 85 minutes if he scores 2 every game !
Smith MOM. Fair play to him too, never thought I'd go for that.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 20:05:38 »

Not sure if I'm pleased or not tbh. I mean obviously always enjoy a Town win but FFS "this is what you could have won". Too late now.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 20:15:03 »

Can we still make the play offs
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 20:25:10 »

My ratings are only really for what I saw in the second half. Tuned in for the first on a phone after 20 mins.

Camp 8
-   Made several excellent saves, including a full length dive to his left. He provides so much confidence at the back. If he’d been here all year we would have been on the edge of the play offs at least. A strong candidate for MotM again, as he has been every game

Thompson 6
-   Caught out of position a couple of times and played some awful balls up field. However, was trying tonight and defended pretty well on the whole

Grounds 6
-   Quiet game. Didn’t see him do anything wrong

Grant 6
-   Won lots of headers from corners. Relatively quiet game which is good

Garrick 7
-   Thought he defended really well. He snuffed out their left side, even though he was often doubled up on. Good performance

Missilou 5.5
-   Broke up play and helped the defence

Palmer 6
-   Broke up lots of play.

Payne 6
-   Looked a little off his game tonight. Couple nice nicks and flicks, but some pretty poor passing too. Also, totally wrong footed the defence with a comedy goal give away too.

Twine 5
-   Disappointing evening. Main contribution what to be smacked in the face. Showed his vision with some lovely passes, but they were few and far between, as he didn’t get hold of the game.

T Smith 8
-   I’d quite like to sign him. He tries very hard. He’s very rough and ready, but he’s got something about him. He’s about 2 years behind Yates I recon.

Pitman
-   Played walking pace football for most of the half. Missed a chance that I thought he would have scored if he hadn’t been ambling – The ball was behind him, but he didn’t react quickly. Offered absolutely nothing for much of the half, then pulled out a fantastic piece of control and ball through to enable Smith to get a penalty.

Subs:
Hope 6
-   Did well to intercept a pass and lay on a beautiful through ball for Smith to score. But, other than that, I didn’t think he offered much going forward and didn’t help Garrick as much as he could have in defending.

Broadbent N/A
-   Not on long enough to influence the game. Although, the fact that they didn’t score means he must have done his job.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Tuesday, April 20, 2021, 23:41:26 »

T Smith 8
-   I’d quite like to sign him. He tries very hard. He’s very rough and ready, but he’s got something about him. He’s about 2 years behind Yates I recon.

This.

If and it's a big one but he'll have to give it some consideration (because his future isn't too certain), he was prepared to drop down to L2 then T.Smith could quite easily end up on 20 goals (even though it can be done with 2 x 10, 3 x 7, or 4 x 5 goal men and an experienced RB (thank you Reginald)) when played to his strengths.

It could end up kick starting his career again. He knows he's likely not wanted by Sheff Utd  and after the season he has had (in terms of knowing where he belongs), it would be nice for him to not lodge at Uncle Tommy's any more and set up shop at Town on a perm. It will probably come down to if any L1 clubs take a punt on him...and he will probably do ok too.

Would be a cracking signing in L2 and I'm sure he'd fucking love being top goalscorer!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: