Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wimbledon v Swindon Town 17/4/21 Matchday Thread  (Read 23357 times)
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 18:28:50 »

Check Twitter and FB fans pages for details.

Can we block all entrances to the ground? Prevent Portsmouth Team Coach from getting into the County Ground, prevent players from parking up.. Just cause absolute chaos until the police are called.

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 18:29:39 »

I take it there is no post match? Tuned in to Radio Wilshire on line and am hearing Maroon 5 with Beautiful mistake.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 18:29:45 »

Twine is suffering from the 'One of our own ' Tag

Did nothing of note on loan at non league teams..

Had a good half season at Newport and suddenly he's a world beater ........

I remember the last player that got that tag, a certain Tom Smith......who many tagged as a player we should build the team around....

There was a meltdown when he was released and joined Cheltenham with many saying it would come back and bit us in the ass, ...where us he now?

Yes Twine shows promise BUT he is nowhere near Championship standard and in terms of L1 would not be a first choice player......

Have to agree with you.
Does nothing for me.
Don’t rate Camp either, best keeper this season was Travers, to be fair the only keeper we have had and Sheridan fucked that one up.
diggers

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 18:30:57 »

Goals and assists this season in League 2 and League 1 (in the worst Town side for how many years?) and the fact that plenty of clubs are interested suggests otherwise....but we’ll have to see what happens as he won’t be playing for us next year...we’ll be lucky if we even have a club at all.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 18:31:46 »

Can we block all entrances to the ground? Prevent Portsmouth Team Coach from getting into the County Ground, prevent players from parking up.. Just cause absolute chaos until the police are called.

And all end up with £0000's worth of Covid fines... count me in  Beers

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 18:33:01 »

I never once said Tom Smith deserved more from his Town career, I don't think he ever did anything to suggest he could step up, likewise the young keeper.  

To me Twine has demonstrated that he has the ability to go further in the game. 
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 18:34:27 »

Why just until the police are called?  In any event, I suspect that law enforcement will have already had the heads up.

Nothing to see here
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 18:37:31 »

You can't make definitive judgements about the quality of players in this environment. They're not coached properly at all. Sheridan is just dreadful.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 18:38:01 »

Don't think anyone said he was a "world beater" just a very good footballer, which he is.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 18:38:26 »

I assume we'll have to wait until the morning before we get anything as far as radio interviews go?  Hawes should really go for the jugular this time.

Why is there no post-match programme tonight? It says there's one on Sounds, but instead it's just some shite muzak.

edit: Oh, is that what Maroon 5 sound like?
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 18:41:06 by Red Frog » Logged

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 18:40:47 »

Why is there no post-match programme tonight? It says there's one on Sounds, but instead it's just some shite muzak.

I was looking forward to hearing what our great leader had to say.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 18:41:00 »

It was advertised as the commentary too but we didn't get that either.  Probably had Hawes and Hartley commentating away but the fuckers at BBC Wilts forgot to switch the broadcast over.

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 18:41:24 »

I don't think we'll get another point this season.
We're down now 100% nailed on and it did t have to be that way.
A half decent manager would have kept this team up. That should never be forgotten.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 18:41:46 »

Just cause absolute chaos until the police are called.

I expect that was Sheridans' answer when asked in his interview "if we give you the job, what is your target for the season?"

I come from a land down-under
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 18:42:52 »

A defeat like this and it judging by the amount of posts virtually no one gives a shit, just shows how far this club has fallen.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: