Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: As the club is clueless, can we come up with a winning formula. STFC v Peterboro  (Read 31674 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 10:02:16 »

This is the worst bit for me, he clearly doesn't give a shit or put the effort in to try and mask the fact he's Sunday league level. He's purely here for the 'professional footballer' bragging rights, purely about feeding his ego.

I hadn't really noticed the lack of effort until Saturday but for me it really stuck out like a sore thumb, especially that second goal. Of course I have no idea what is going on internally, but if he is indeed only playing because of his dad then surely to goodness you at least work your arse off to show you warrant being part of the team. Putting in half-hearted tackles and jogging back is unacceptable to any professional team, what on earth must the rest of the squad be thinking when they watch the videos back?? I'm amazed a solid professional like Anthony Grant actually puts up with that sort of behaviour on the pitch.

Its a bit like having a new team member at my work, that is only employed as he is the son of the CEO of the company, and having to show him EVERY day, how to use the SUM function in Excel because he can't be arsed, or is too stupid to remember what I am showing him to do (NOT down to my ineptitude in training before anyone says anything!! Smiley )

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 10:04:54 »

We can all see this, but all the blame has to go to a management team who looked at Curran + Garrick and thought "yeah, that's an adequate right side against the league leaders", while leaving Caddis on the bench, and Hunt at home.

Same up front: nothing has stuck to Hope or Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman while they're 20 yards away from anyone in the middle all season, but do we try anything else? Do we fuck.

I can't express how much disdain I have for this mismanagement team. I've seen some shit in my time, but I've literally never seen such persistent rank incompetence. And to cap it all, it goes completely unpunished by our no-pot chairman.

Spot on RF. I keep banging the Omotoye drum as I want to see something a bit different, but as you rightly say, why do we keep playing with the Suez Canal barge up front with nobody around him?? Sheridan has been in management for long enough to surely see it doesn't work? It's almost like he's doing it just to piss off the fans.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 13:13:26 »

You do have to wonder what would have to happen for Omotoye to get game time, presumably the rest of the bench being mauled by lions in some kind of freak circus escape tragedy. I have no idea whether he's any good or not, any more than anyone else, given we've not seen him, but if he's that bad why the hell did we bring him in on loan? Poor kid must wonder why he's wasted half a season sitting on our bench. He'd at least have played some U23 games if he'd stayed at Norwich.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 13:19:01 »

You do have to wonder what would have to happen for Omotoye to get game time, presumably the rest of the bench being mauled by lions in some kind of freak circus escape tragedy. I have no idea whether he's any good or not, any more than anyone else, given we've not seen him, but if he's that bad why the hell did we bring him in on loan? Poor kid must wonder why he's wasted half a season sitting on our bench. He'd at least have played some U23 games if he'd stayed at Norwich.

The weird thing is, looking back, we chucked him straight into the team on the day after he signed before he'd so much as trained with us.

That remains his only start.

We're 0-6 in games he's appeared in by the way -  http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/PlayingRecord.asp?PersonID=OMOTOYET&Season=2020-2021 I wonder what the largest number of games someone has played in for us without even managing a draw?

Edit: Turns out the usual site already has this - Will Day managed 14 games, 14 losses in 1903. Omotoye is already joint third though!
« Last Edit: Monday, April 12, 2021, 13:22:43 by Nemo » Logged
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 13:21:06 »

Totally agree.

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 15:51:50 »

Omotoye was brought in due to the Tyler Smith hokey cokey fuck up. Ergo Town ended up with two strikers on loan that Sheridan didn't want and likely two strikers who really don't want to be here.

Town sign Omotoye as the back up striker option without checking the status of Smith and it's all very quick. ¹Tyler Smith then arrives at Uncle Tommy's house with an overnight bag like a kid who's ran away from home and Tommy looks at him and says:

"We dunnae want ye fir fitba laddie but the Mrs is mekkin' tatties n neeps ya kin? Come on wee Tyler. Ye can stay with us 'til June."

...and so blossomed a loving paternal football relationship. Tommy ended up adopting Tyler Smith and will pay him to clip his toenails until he draws his pension...

See, Tommy does have a heart, even if he plays the hard man Cheesy

¹From here on in this part is entirely fabricated but there could be some truth within, especially in this crazy STFC season.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Friday, April 16, 2021, 21:54:10 »

Posh beat Cobblers 3-1 tonight so it's still very much "4 from 6".

IF Town manage all 3pts v Wimbledon, THAT Wigan match is going to be very definitive I reckon. I conceded relegation after the Rochdale defeat but part of me still says that the final relegation spots will be settled on GD...

'Incessant Nonsense'

Flashheart

« Reply #472 on: Friday, April 16, 2021, 22:12:00 »

I'd forgotten all about the football side of football!
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 15:14:18 »

Posh beat Cobblers 3-1 tonight so it's still very much "4 from 6".

Only if we win, and can you  see that happening??

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 15:17:40 »

Could it be a fee for appearances?
Just saying, anything possible with this club at present.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 15:19:10 »

Could it be a fee for appearances?
Just saying, anything possible with this club at present.

Obviously pre-Omotoye, but Wellens suggested that most loan deals were the opposite- you pay less the more they play. Can only imagine Omotoye isn't on that!
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 15:31:17 »

Only if we win, and can you  see that happening??

Lolz, I did mention that in the next paragraph Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 16:10:06 »

Posh beat Cobblers 3-1 tonight so it's still very much "4 from 6".but part of me still says that the final relegation spots will be settled on GD...
Either way, we've no chance ,   we are DOOMED !!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 16:18:45 »

Either way, we've no chance ,   we are DOOMED !!.

I feel it too but I have this nagging tiny feeling that Town clinch this one!

'Incessant Nonsense'

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: