Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Things we can't do without or have no use!  (Read 8451 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 08:00:49 »

Not for jacket potatoes I hope!

No. Defrosting, warming stuff, heat packs, salmon  Smiley
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 08:11:34 »

Our microwave is almost solely used these days for warming up cups of tea that our 8 year old asks for then forgets to drink, often warming them 2-3 times before she gets round to drinking them the little bugger.

I am having a serious do I - don't I need it internal debate about BT TV at the moment, rarely watch the football these days, have GCN+ for the cycling so Eurosport is not really vital as I don't watch much Nordic skiing or the Welsh Open Snooker and we rarely watch 'normal' TV live any more, plus obviously with a firestick we can watch via iplayer if we wanted to, thus at the moment is an expensive hard drive recorder and that's about it.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 08:21:21 »

Microwave is used about as much as yours and have just recently cancelled BT Sport due to the rubbish on there plus the price hike.

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 08:27:57 »

No. Defrosting, warming stuff, heat packs, salmon  Smiley

I sometimes heat smoked mackerel but get a right boll*cking for stinking the kitchen out😀

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 09:02:44 »

In both of my marital homes, we've never had a microwave.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 09:04:25 »

An oven is much more important!

So, give no fucks
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 09:11:03 »

In both of my marital homes, we've never had a microwave.

Two wives BO?  Smiley
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 09:12:17 »

Two wives BO?  Smiley

He's dropped himself right in it😀

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 09:21:17 »

Two wives BO?  Smiley

ha, no just the one but 2 different homes. What I think I was trying to say was that before I moved in with the (now) wife (about 8 years or so) I did have a microwave but since then we haven't needed one.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 09:25:36 »

I am having a serious do I - don't I need it internal debate about BT TV at the moment, rarely watch the football these days, have GCN+ for the cycling so Eurosport is not really vital as I don't watch much Nordic skiing or the Welsh Open Snooker and we rarely watch 'normal' TV live any more, plus obviously with a firestick we can watch via iplayer if we wanted to, thus at the moment is an expensive hard drive recorder and that's about it.
We got rid of our TV when we moved too, being reliant on "players" is really liberating (and it's great never to see the big bang theory "cos it's on")

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 09:44:28 »

An oven is much more important!

When I first left Uni I lodged with a guy (who was a work colleague then and is now a long-standing friend), he had grown up without a microwave, or in fact a telly. One of the things I bought to the house when I moved in was a microwave, as he had never used one before and assumed it was like an oven, he put a jacket spud in for 50 mins and fucked off to have a bath, when he came to take it out it had shrunk and was glowing like a radioactive walnut!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 09:46:10 »

When I first left Uni I lodged with a guy (who was a work colleague then and is now a long-standing friend), he had grown up without a microwave, or in fact a telly. One of the things I bought to the house when I moved in was a microwave, as he had never used one before and assumed it was like an oven, he put a jacket spud in for 50 mins and fucked off to have a bath, when he came to take it out it had shrunk and was glowing like a radioactive walnut!

At least he would't have needed to use so much butter so healthy all round!

michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 10:57:47 »

For those of you that do not have a microwave, just wait until you hear about Smart Phones, they will blow your mind.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 11:16:41 »

For those of you that do not have a microwave, just wait until you hear about Smart Phones, they will blow your mind.
But how do you open it to put your food in ??

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 11:18:10 »

I bet you have an electric carving knife & tin opener😀

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: