Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: As the club is clueless, can we come up with a winning formula. STFC v Peterboro  (Read 31706 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 16:04:13 »

It appears that he does on financial merit
Doesn’t look like that’s going very well either!
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 16:04:36 »

The DofE funeral is going to be 3pm next Saturday.

That could be 2 in one day.

I know, I'm probably Jo Brand funny today

That’s a shame, I was hoping it would be a week day and we’d get the day off.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 16:05:56 »

Well, what a shambles we have become.

Should have lost that by 5 or 6.

Camp - did well and kept the score down.
Curran - it's a fucking embarassment that he has a contract let alone a spot on the pitch.  He is a disaster of a player - I don;t care if he makes the odd good tackle or block, that is the minimum expected of any defender for fucks sake.  He carries the ability to unravel at frequent moments in a game and puts the defenders on edge around him.
Grant - looked solid enough for 80 mins, exposed in that last 10 and far too slow to play as a second central defender when there are only two.
Grounds - he's just a jobbing defender.  He sort of looks OK for a while, but plays the game at a snails pace in his head at times, not just his legs.
Garrick - people know my thoughts, he just provided a 90 minute example today - all pace and nothing else.  He might scare a defence for a few minutes then they work him out and what the fuck we were doing playing him as right wing back is beyond me.
Thompson - Brentford will think twice about sending us players again, we have ruined him.  Shadow of the player he must be, has been terrible for a few weeks now.
Palmer - showing precisely why we loaned him out, waste of space
Missilou - awful footballer, bit of effort, probably a league above his level
Payne - a 45 minute player, such a shame, but I doubt he has ever been much kop in central midfield
Twine - glimpses of class, lots of falling over and too often gets in the way of an attack
Hope - I don't know where you play him, he's almost a player, but not quite
Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman - like a fading photo of what he was
J Grant - meh
Broadbent - I give up, he somehow looks better as a forward than a defender, but he's not that either

Overall, we've managed to produce the lowest level of performance from our squad, and then you sprinkle in Sheridan and we get what we deserve.

As a squad, I still think there was enough to be better off than we are, but we've ensured we extracted the least amount of juice from what we have.
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 16:09:52 by RobertT » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 16:06:24 »

I’d give A Grant a bit of credit as well, he spent all game trying to do the job of 2 players covering that useless cunt next to him. Anyone that believes Curran plays on merit or deserves a chance clearly need reevaluate their view now!

He probably gets in on the strength of being a centre half.
All of ours are injured, fucking gash or both.

If any of our defenders are here next year it’ll be disappointing
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 16:07:25 »

He probably gets in on the strength of being a centre half.
All of ours are injured, fucking gash or both.

If any of our defenders are here next year it’ll be disappointing
I wouldn’t class someone that can’t even get off the ground to win headers as a centre back to be fair...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 16:08:09 »

I'd have Payne as centre back over Curran, and that would be a disastrous selection itself.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 16:08:39 »

I would say Donkey is more appropriate

So, give no fucks
adje

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 16:09:19 »

Wigan winning 4-1 away with new owners....I think John maybe regretting his choice of club to manage😀
I think if he was still there, they would be the current us

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #383 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 16:09:51 »

I’d give A Grant a bit of credit as well, he spent all game trying to do the job of 2 players covering that useless cunt next to him. Anyone that believes Curran plays on merit or deserves a chance clearly need reevaluate their view now!
I changed it to add him after you quoted me already Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 16:11:15 »

So what's wrong with Odimayo then? And what did Caddis do to be excluded?

Or are we saving them for our glorious dominant performance on Tuesday?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 16:12:52 »

I wouldn’t class someone that can’t even get off the ground to win headers as a centre back to be fair...

You hate Curran. We get it. Regardless of ability, he’s still a centre half because he plays centre half.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 16:13:18 »

One again all our frailties come to fore and we end up with the square root of sod all. Total shuffling around of the team by the “manager” is another of his many, many failings and I wonder how some of the players can class themselves as professionals. Fairly sure that it will be Division 2 next season. 😤

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 16:14:28 »

Camp 7
-   Was a bit dodgy and lucky at times in the first half. Couldn’t do much for any of the goals. Kept the score down in the second half with several decent saves and the yellow card and penalty miss

Thompson 3
-   Has got progressively worse since the Ipswich game

Curran 3
-   Tried. Made a couple of good tackles and interceptions. But was caught out of position and made to look silly by a good CF in Dembele. Not as bad as Theakston made out, but National League standard defending at best

Grant 6
-   Thought he looked suspect in the first half, but, was better in the second. At least he looked as if he deserved to be a professional footballer. Many today didn’t!

Grounds 5
-   He tried hard in two positions, but, would be a weak link in a decent defence and not the rock we need him to be in a poor defence

Payne 4
-   Mr left foot. Learn to use the right one please. Anonymous in the second half.

Palmer 4
-   Mr right foot. Weak midfielder. Delivery wasn’t that good either today

Missilou 3
-   Slow as anything! Very poor game today as his head seemed to drop after they scored.

Twine 4
-   Would have had a penalty if he hadn’t been theatrical. Didn’t have much chance to influence the game as he was very closely marked.

Hope 4
-   Tried in the first 15 mins. Disappeared after until Pitman came on. Then fizzled out again

Garrick 5
-   Couple of nice bits of play. Defended once or twice. Stood around a lot. Reacting to the ball AFTER it has been played rather than reading the game

Subs:
Pitman 4
-   He had 3 chances. As a slow forward who used to be a clinical finisher, I would have expected him to score from one or two.

J Grant 5
-   Actually noticed him! He offered something (not much) down the left

Broadbent 5
-   Made a difference up front. Caused a bit of trouble. Unlucky not to score from a corner, when his header was cleared off the line. Didnt really make a difference at the back.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 16:15:05 »

So what's wrong with Odimayo then? And what did Caddis do to be excluded?

Or are we saving them for our glorious dominant performance on Tuesday?
old legs
2 big games coming up.

that's my none too contentious theory
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 16:16:07 »

You hate Curran. We get it. Regardless of ability, he’s still a centre half because he plays centre half.
If you play Pitman at centre half then he’s a centre half, Curran having played there doesn’t mean he is one! There must be academy players better than him but they aren’t considered as Daddy isn’t paying for them to be involved!
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: