Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: As the club is clueless, can we come up with a winning formula. STFC v Peterboro  (Read 31664 times)
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 20:58:49 »

Ridiculously we will win 2-1 ! More confusion ensues !
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 08:24:35 »

There is nothing to suggest a points deduction is the go-to penalty for Power's transgressions.

Does that mean that you are confident that a points deduction won't happen?
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 08:30:38 »

Oh and to keep it on topic, can't see us getting anything other than a sore arse from this one.

1-4 Twine screamer in the first 20, 2 set piece errors either side of half time and then a collapse.

5 subs made in the 88th minute when 3 goals behind
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 08:34:19 »

6-0 and a Brazil like performance from Town.

Pittman leaping like a salmon to get us underway from a corner after 5 mins. A thunderbolt from Twine after 20 mins from a freekick after being savaged by a blade of grass on the edge of the area.

A curling Thompson cross leads to a melee in the 6 yard box that is toe poked home by Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman as half time approaches.

Caddis lashes one in from the edge of the box just after half time.

Ten minutes later, Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman completes his hattrick after Garrick is brought down in the area.

An OG completes the scoring after 78 minutes, following a mazy run by Payne and a dreadful shot that is going miles wide until it hits a defender on the arse!

After the game, Lee Power advises that he has done a deal with the FA and will be standing down as both Chairman and owner. The club has been sold to a consortium that has the credentials, wherewithal and honourable intention to bring back the glory days to the Town. As part of the deal, the FA have dropped all charges against the club.

The new consortium, in a post match press conference, promise a change in management structure within the club. A new manager and coaching staff will be appointed in due course. A war chest has been made available for playing staff for next year. There are solid plans in place for next season, whichever division we are in. The short term ambition will be to either consolidate in L1 next year, or return to L1. Longer term, the club will aim to get to the top tier, by investing shrewdly in the transfer market and by developing its own players that will want to remain at the club rather than moving on for 10 bob extra at another club!
Cmon chaps, it took me ages to come up with this Bambooian length work of fiction! I was chuckling whilst writing, and noone has commented! (OK. It wasn't as funny as the Camp going on holiday to the beach around the corner flag, but surely it brought a smile to someone face [other than mine])

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 08:37:13 »

Cmon chaps, it took me ages to come up with this Bambooian length work of fiction! I was chuckling whilst writing, and noone has commented! (OK. It wasn't as funny as the Camp going on holiday to the beach around the corner flag, but surely it brought a smile to someone face [other than mine])

It was too beautiful to consider
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 10:19:26 »

Don't think the result is in question,  it's the number of goals we will concede that's in question.
However with what's going on i don't think it will make any difference,  we're doomed one way or the other.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 10:35:55 »

I somehow get the impression that there are more wide boys sniffing around the club than at the annual Bermondsey Costermonger convention.
Barry Fry, if he can resist the urge to take the piss first, might be able to offer some advice on running a football club based on his experiences working for Stan Flashman.

Fortified by the pre match meal of boiled beef and carrots, the defence will need to park the barrows along the 18 yard line and hope for the best.
As others have said, tomorrow is about protecting the crap goal difference and maybe adding to the goals scored total.
Bearing in mind the two games coming up, a narrow loss with both teams scoring might be acceptable.

Hopefully Payne and Twine can have an impact, but both will need to be slipperier than a styrofoam cup full of jellied eels tomorrow.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #37 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 10:44:17 »

George Reynolds the ex Darlington owner is sniffing around as somebody mentioned something about wedges of cash in car boots and a nice laundering service, allegedly Smiley that sort of thing never happens in football....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Reynolds_(business)

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 11:47:05 »

Conroy and Iandolo our for the season
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 12:01:45 »

I liked this comment from Ferguson:

Posh boss Darren Ferguson said: "We had to think fast. We have a list of keepers in case of something like this happening. He was the one we wanted. It's a good signing to make at such short notice.

"He is a good size, has good temperament, is outstanding with his feet so ticked all of the boxes."

Obviously a professional management team who doesn't pick names of loan keepers out of a hat
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 12:08:55 »

George Reynolds the ex Darlington owner is sniffing around as somebody mentioned something about wedges of cash in car boots and a nice laundering service, allegedly Smiley that sort of thing never happens in football....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Reynolds_(business)
Wasn’t their rumours their stadium was built as a means to launder money. Built a 25,000 seater stadium despite the fact it would never be allowed to hold more than 10/11k due to safety and access reasons.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #41 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 12:12:16 »

Wasn’t their rumours their stadium was built as a means to launder money. Built a 25,000 seater stadium despite the fact it would never be allowed to hold more than 10/11k due to safety and access reasons.
I believe so, not every chairman drives around with £500,000 in fresh laundered money in the boot of the car either Smiley .

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 13:50:06 »

Cmon chaps, it took me ages to come up with this Bambooian length work of fiction! I was chuckling whilst writing, and no one has commented! (OK. It wasn't as funny as the Camp going on holiday to the beach around the corner flag, but surely it brought a smile to someone face [other than mine])

I read with a knowing smile and of the underappreciation to ensue  Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 14:04:34 »

It was too beautiful to consider
I read with a knowing smile and of the underappreciation to ensue  Smiley
Thank you gentlemen. I am now satisfied!  Cheesy

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 15:19:15 »

I've nothing much to add about the match, but when I think of playing Posh I always remember Whits' infamous chant about Darren Ferguson's old man.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: