Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: As the club is clueless, can we come up with a winning formula. STFC v Peterboro  (Read 31651 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 09:42:30 »

PaulD as a lefty makes me fucking soapy tit wank.

If you think he is I've got big news for you, pal.

I suppose it depends where you start from?

As for this game, as its probably become a dead rubber over the last day or so we are going to get shafted I suspect.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 10:49:16 »

Posh a good side and can score goals which doesn't bode well as we enjoy letting teams score goals. 3-1 Posh, Twine with ours.

Tbh I'm not really fussed about the season any more. Even if we do stay up, the lingering threat of a possible points deduction or worse makes me feel uneasy.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 11:34:08 »

Posh a good side and can score goals which doesn't bode well as we enjoy letting teams score goals. 3-1 Posh, Twine with ours.

Tbh I'm not really fussed about the season any more. Even if we do stay up, the lingering threat of a possible points deduction or worse makes me feel uneasy.

With you here.
All about the waiting game, however I expect we won’t have to wait until the end of the year for the outcome. Much more out in the public domain at least.
Lawyers will be all over this.
Flashheart

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 11:40:41 »

Staying up is a good thing regardless of possible points deductions.

If we get enough points to stay up (but not by more than the points deduction), it will be applied this season. This will mean we get relegated - BUT we won't have a deduction next season.

If we don't get enough points to stay up - the points deduction will apply next season.

As for 'worse'. It doesn't bear thinking about. 
Panda Paws

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 11:45:01 »

There is nothing to suggest a points deduction is the go-to penalty for Power's transgressions.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 12:20:25 »

1-1

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 12:59:09 »

Szmodics is out for this one and the Posh keeper is injured so apparently they have to get an emergency loan sorted. I was thinking about this on my lunchtime walk and whilst I fully expect we'll get pasted, it is the kind of game that Twine and Payne should have more of the ball as Posh are likely to play in an attacking way I would have thought.

That said, I still think not getting a hiding is probably the best we can hope for.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 13:00:46 »

Based on the not terribly large pool of goalkeepers available, I wonder if they might end up with Trueman or Wollacott! Fingers firmly crossed for Kovar though.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 14:04:28 »

Szmodics is out for this one and the Posh keeper is injured so apparently they have to get an emergency loan sorted. I was thinking about this on my lunchtime walk and whilst I fully expect we'll get pasted, it is the kind of game that Twine and Payne should have more of the ball as Posh are likely to play in an attacking way I would have thought.

That said, I still think not getting a hiding is probably the best we can hope for.
They have a Hungarian keeper called Dániel Gyollai who is aged 24 and went to them from Wigan who has yet to make aleague appearance for them, hopefully the EFL will say he has to start for them.

He conceded 3 goals on his debut in the Mickey Mouse cup against Burton back in September and had an absolute mare! makes Kovar look almost like a keeper.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #24 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 14:07:57 »

Based on the not terribly large pool of goalkeepers available, I wonder if they might end up with Trueman or Wollacott! Fingers firmly crossed for Kovar though.
Apparently you can only have an emergency loan from a Championship level or lower club so that rules out Kovar.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 15:55:46 »

They’ve signed a keeper from Stoke.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 15:58:41 »

Joe Bursik
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 17:03:00 »

They could probably field a team of eleven Mr Poshes and still come away with three points.

Can you imagine the atmosphere on Saturday if fans were allowed in? The pitchfork and burning torch stalls would do a roaring trade.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 17:11:17 »

Joe Bursik
Played 15 times this season for Stoke’s 1st XI
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 20:17:06 »

Played 15 times this season for Stoke’s 1st XI

And for Doncaster, apparently (saw this on another forum, haven't checked). When they've got two other senior keepers on their books, you wonder how this was allowed but Luke Steele wasn't.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: