Twine - 1 (2.3%)
Pitman - 0 (0%)
Grounds - 3 (7%)
T Smith - 0 (0%)
J Grant - 1 (2.3%)
Total Voters: 42

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Burton A vs STFC MoM  (Read 2358 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 16:04:27 »

A number of decent performances, all for nothing. Big missed opportunity against a side that we dominated for long periods.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 16:05:48 »

Payne for me, followed by Missilou and then Caddis. Grant also did well against a fairly good striker.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 16:09:39 »

Payne, not just for the goal but good in general play. Missilou good, Twine alright, Caddis excellent in second half and I thought Grounds was good in open play too.

Lots of decent performances, but no points.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 16:13:21 »

Can make a case for almost everyone to be honest. But for Grounds to come on like that and defend like a hero just edges it for me

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Peter Venkman

« Reply #4 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 16:14:58 »

Can make a case for almost everyone to be honest. But for Grounds to come on like that and defend like a hero just edges it for me
He did play well other than being at fault for the first goal.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 16:15:16 »

we huffed and puffed well. but never really looked like blowing the house down.

I guess Payne for me.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 16:16:34 »

I see why people have gone for Payne, but I thought Odimayo did his job well and Caddis (after a tough first half) defended well and offered an outlet and threat going forward. Not much in it, but a sympathy vote for Caddis.

Camp 6
-   I thought he could have moved quicker for the first. Just before that he seemed to stop and watch one go out of reach. But then in the second he got down to one that was similar. Pulled off a decent save from Smith in the first and another in the second.

Thompson 6
-   Defended well and saved us on a couple of occasions. Whipped in a couple of crosses in the first. Didn’t offer much up front in the second half and was offside when he could have.

Grounds 5
-   I thought he kept playing us into trouble in the first. His headers plopped the ball in the middle of the park for Burton to pick up. He was soundly beaten by his man for the first goal as he didn’t jump!

Grant 6
-   Looked untroubled. Didn’t seem to do much wrong, but didn’t see his positioning for the second goal.

Odimayo 7
-   I thought he played well. Defended well in the first half and looked solid at the back and offered a threat going forward in the second

Caddis 7
-   Was in trouble playing deeper and defending in the first. In the second he was a revelation playing further forward. Offered so much threat, but started to tire towards the end. If only he had Garrick to link with towards the end

Missilou 6
-   A game of two halves. Played really well in the second, with flicks, tricks and strong challenges. Must have tied his weave too tight at half time as he seemed back to normal in the second half

Palmer 6
-   Frustrating player as he promises so much at times, but never quite delivers. Played a couple of glorious balls, but didn’t grab the game by the scruff of the neck, other than for very short periods.

Payne 6.5
-   Fantastic goal! Got in some good positions and ran his socks off in the first half and the first part of the second half. I thought he tired towards the end.

Twine 5
-   Frustrating game. Some gorgeous balls, showing excellent vision. But, went to ground too easily as normal and wasn’t going to get anything from the ref who was letting play flow. Didn’t really get into the game enough

Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman 4
-   Didn’t win a ball in the first half. Had 3 clear chances to score – Headed wide, no connection for an open goal and a third that escapes me from the first half I think.

Subs:
J Grant & Smith: One touched the ball once and the other didn’t!
« Last Edit: Monday, April 5, 2021, 16:18:33 by Nomoreheroes » Logged

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 16:17:49 »

Funny how we all see things differently but rating Thompson higher than Grounds and Twine is... not something I'd agree with. He and Pitman only players who seems entirely anonymous today.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #8 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 16:21:47 »

Funny how we all see things differently but rating Thompson higher than Grounds and Twine is... not something I'd agree with. He and Pitman only players who seems entirely anonymous today.
Again I would agree I thought Thompson was really poor for the first hour of the game but woke up for a while before being subbed. Average at best for me. Grounds looked half decent other than being at fault for the first goal.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 17:08:27 »

I voted Missilou - he bossed the MF first half, not so much second half but still contributed.  Payne a very close 2nd for me

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Flashheart

« Reply #10 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 17:11:57 »

I voted Missilou - he bossed the MF first half, not so much second half but still contributed.  Payne a very close 2nd for me

It took a while for me to realize you're probably not saying he bossed the Mother Fucker.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #11 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 17:12:44 »

It took a while for me to realize you're probably not saying he bossed the Mother Fucker.
No I am pretty certain thats exactly what he meant Smiley

NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 19:24:53 »

I voted for Missoulou.
As others have said, Payne, Twine and Caddis also played well.
I though Thompson was the man who lost his marker as he scored  the 2nd goal
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 08:09:24 »

Finally a game where you can make a case for a handful of players to be man of the match.

I went for Payne, only just ahead of Missilou. I think Payne is possibly our most consistent player at the moment, he never gives less than 100% and tries to make things happen. I think his form might be crucial in the run in.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 10:29:19 »

Cheesy  Just me being lazy as usual

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: