Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: For god’s sake, don’t leave it for others to rescue us. Burton Albion v STFC  (Read 24080 times)
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 14:16:52 »

I've just noticed we're STILL not in the bottom four... amazing.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 14:22:10 »

Quote from: donkey
I've just noticed we're STILL not in the bottom four... amazing.

by a gnats dick!
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 14:31:52 »

fuck me this has to be one of the most depressing match day threads iv seen in a long while and all off the back of a game which we didn't deserve to lose, created the better opportunities and knocked the ball around well for large periods.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 14:44:57 »

I need to watch the highlights again (genuinly) as we did play well in knocking it around and the effort was there, I don't recall making and missing many actual chances
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 14:47:15 »

Looking at the run-in, we seem to have the easiest of all the bottom 6

But that's because we play more of the bottom 6 than the others which is of course very much a double-edged sword
Flashheart

« Reply #410 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 14:50:46 »

Looking at the fixtures of other teams around us - I reckon we've got the 'easiest' run in.

My predictions are a tad rudimentary - going by the opposition's league position and where the game is being played. You can expect there to be more wins for others than I've predicted. But I've not given us a win either - which is rather conservative methinks considering we have 3 of the bottom 6 to play.

Flashheart

« Reply #411 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 14:52:24 »

Looking at the run-in, we seem to have the easiest of all the bottom 6

But that's because we play more of the bottom 6 than the others which is of course very much a double-edged sword

Ha.

Mine's better because I did (probably incorrect) predictions Wink
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 14:54:34 by Flashheart » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 14:52:57 »

As I said earlier, Rochdale and Wombles away in succession ... pressure
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 15:00:12 »

Looking at the fixtures of other teams around us - I reckon we've got the 'easiest' run in.

My predictions are a tad rudimentary - going by the opposition's league position and where the game is being played. You can expect there to be more wins for others than I've predicted. But I've not given us a win either - which is rather conservative methinks considering we have 3 of the bottom 6 to play.

Blimey your predictions leaves us potentially staying up with 40 points, as long as there isn't a swing in goal difference  of 3 in favour of Wigan, in our predicted 4 losses against their 2. Still think myself that 47 points will be needed, maybe less if we pick them up in the games against the bottom 6.

singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 15:06:17 »

I need to watch the highlights again (genuinly) as we did play well in knocking it around and the effort was there, I don't recall making and missing many actual chances

twine had some efforts, one rebound which led to pitman missing a tough but open goal header, the best chance in open play for the whole match was some brilliant overlapping build up down the right and pitman just didnt connect 3 yards out and was cleared off the line.

Total shots
13 v 13
Blocked shots
6 v 5
Corners
4 v 4
Throw ins
33 v 17
Passes
307 v 464
Passes completed
193 v 337
Pass success percentage
63 v 73
Crosses
17 v 14

compared to the majority of the football played under sheridan this was completely different. we had a decent element of control and i dont think i would have made a sub before the 82nd min as we were pushing and had the ball. we didnt at that point really need to change anything but the 2nd goal completely changes everything and its almost too late in the game to effect it when burton then put every player behind the ball to hold out

i think a season of shit and stress has made everything think this match was a normal result and performance
Flashheart

« Reply #415 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 15:07:19 »

Still think myself that 47 points will be needed

How many others around us can you see getting anywhere near that, considering their fixtures?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 15:09:05 »

Ipswich at home is a very possible 3 points. Rochdale haven’t won at home in 17 games - that sounds foreboding!

Wimbledon away = 3 points

I reckon we’ll get 8 more points
Flashheart

« Reply #417 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 15:11:47 »

I've just realized the Ipswich game could easily be a dead duck for them by the time we play them.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 15:16:03 »

Ha.

Mine's better because I did (probably incorrect) predictions Wink
Yeah, fair play. Although mine looks nicer. But then I did steal it off someone else on Twitter. So I think you win on balance.
Panda Paws

« Reply #419 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 15:26:23 »

The problem with this is that teams play each other. For example, we're drawing with Rochdale, but Rochdale are losing to us! I'll take it....
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: