Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: For god’s sake, don’t leave it for others to rescue us. Burton Albion v STFC  (Read 24116 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 13:34:41 »

Trying not to think of it Jimmy, just fills me with dread.
Will hold onto the season ticket money until more transparency and understanding is known.

What's worrying is prolonged court cases mean we could be stuck with Power for another season or two

So, give no fucks
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 13:35:00 »

My main takeaway from this season has been that sensible rational team selections seem to go wrong and when Sheridan does something flat out mad it seems to somehow work (once or twice), such as Broadbent up front and Iandolo CB. So perhaps Palmer will have a stormer.

I've paid my tenner, shit all else to do today.

I must say, I've always been quite keen to have JFH in charge here. Mostly because I loved him as a player, but I think he's a decent enough lower league boss too.
« Last Edit: Monday, April 5, 2021, 13:36:34 by Nemo » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 13:35:05 »

Here is every pre game comment from the Brewers forum....

They're excited about it then?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #78 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 13:39:38 »

They're excited about it then?
They had 3 pages on matchday chat from Saturday!

I know they don't have that many fans and a forum that is not as well populated as this one but 4 comments pre game is at a Salford level.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 13:43:02 »

My main takeaway from this season has been that sensible rational team selections seem to go wrong and when Sheridan does something flat out mad it seems to somehow work (once or twice), such as Broadbent up front and Iandolo CB. So perhaps Palmer will have a stormer.

I've paid my tenner, shit all else to do today.

I must say, I've always been quite keen to have JFH in charge here. Mostly because I loved him as a player, but I think he's a decent enough lower league boss too.

Sheridan is just throwing Spaghetti at the wall in the hope something sticks.  His default appears to be a football by numbers approach - just send people out in positions and tell them where they need to be, not to hold on to the ball and get it forward.  His results have all tended to look like the result of a panic change - the players have probably received very little instruction as a result and play more on instinct.  You can see this in a player like Thompson who looked a class above in his first game when he was just sent out to play a position.  It all seems to go pear shaped once they work on that for a game or two though.

On the JFH thing, it may be just a bad perception issue on my behalf, but the Dutch players always seem far more intelligent.  Like they are scholars of the game.  Listened to Scott Parker yesterday, after Fulham collapsed, and he could barely string a coherent sentence together in his analysis.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #80 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 13:48:39 »

Sheridan is just throwing Spaghetti at the wall in the hope something sticks.  His default appears to be a football by numbers approach - just send people out in positions and tell them where they need to be, not to hold on to the ball and get it forward.  His results have all tended to look like the result of a panic change - the players have probably received very little instruction as a result and play more on instinct.  You can see this in a player like Thompson who looked a class above in his first game when he was just sent out to play a position.  It all seems to go pear shaped once they work on that for a game or two though.

On the JFH thing, it may be just a bad perception issue on my behalf, but the Dutch players always seem far more intelligent.  Like they are scholars of the game.  Listened to Scott Parker yesterday, after Fulham collapsed, and he could barely string a coherent sentence together in his analysis.
As I have said a few times previously, I think we are winning games despite Sheridans tactics not because of them.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 13:50:14 »

Garrick seems to be a one-half player, so it might be a good ploy to bring him on second half to create havoc.  Hope so.

ust be the oldest
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 13:50:28 »

Oh I wasn't under any impression that Sheridan was playing 4D chess. There's just enough randomness around this season that we can never quite write off a game. Here's hoping for another absolute shithouse win.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 13:51:20 »

Being generous to the dactyl one... gives us more options to change the game if it’s not working out? When we went 1 down to Blackpool it was clear we were pretty out of options
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 13:52:01 »

Garrick seems to be a one-half player, so it might be a good ploy to bring him on second half to create havpc.  Hope so.

We have a couple of these, for different reasons.  Garrick is all pace and little else, so in a short spurt he can worry a defender but over time they can figure him out.  Payne is also a one half player at best, but a better one.  He has no self control and runs around like a school kid.  It means he can be very good for a short burst but seems to knacker himself out as a result.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 13:52:23 »

Other low calorie hot chocolate drinks are available
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 13:53:27 »

Still think our season hinges on the result of this one. Shit or Bust, this is it.  We must not lose.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 13:54:41 »

Still think our season hinges on the result of this one. Shit or Bust, this is it.  We must not lose.
You’re underestimating the utter  shitness of all the bottom 6 teams.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 13:54:52 »

This is going well, tried to pay my £10 and the system says I've paid. The money hasn't gone from my account and the payment page says I've already paid but won't let me in!
« Last Edit: Monday, April 5, 2021, 13:59:10 by bathford » Logged
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 13:55:19 »

I don't expect anything from the Peterborough game then it's Rochdale & Wombles away the same week

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: