Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: For god’s sake, don’t leave it for others to rescue us. Burton Albion v STFC  (Read 24103 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, April 4, 2021, 09:39:34 »

Hope it doesn’t come down to a final day showdown with Wigan - winner stays up, loser goes down.

Not good for my BP, that.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, April 4, 2021, 09:45:38 »

Hope it doesn’t come down to a final day showdown with Wigan - winner stays up, loser goes down.

Not good for my BP, that.
Nope, thats a maximum ticker test with that scenario.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, April 4, 2021, 09:46:56 »

alcohol. dead it with lots of alcohol.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, April 4, 2021, 10:17:49 »

Talking of last day showdowns to stay up, I remember one around 1981 or 82 where we were at home to Brentford and needed a 0-0 to stay up.
it was incredibly tense, but a dire game. in those days goalkeepers could pick up back passes, and we passed back from anywhere within our half of the field - we must have managed at least 50 back passes in the first half. I recall David Peach was at left back for Swindon, and he alone accounted for about half of those. it was also the days fenced sections of terraces, and there were a couple of empty areas between home and away fans. For some reason there was never a ball boy in those empty cages - presumably to avoid the risk of them being the target of missiles from away fans in those violent times - so by the end people stood near us on the Shrivenham Road side were shouting at our players to kick it into the "cage" to waste a few seconds.
Hopefully it won't come down to that on may 8th this year!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, April 4, 2021, 10:21:22 »

The ideal scenario is both teams need a draw to stay up.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, April 4, 2021, 10:31:47 »

Burton are away at Oxford on there last day so let's hope that game isn't decisive for us!

So, give no fucks
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, April 4, 2021, 11:04:12 »

Burton are away at Oxford on there last day so let's hope that game isn't decisive for us!
The irony of thousands of Swindon fans hitting refresh on Sky Sports News desperate for Pox to score!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, April 4, 2021, 11:06:49 »

The irony of thousands of Swindon fans hitting refresh on Sky Sports News desperate for Pox to score!

And thousands of pox fans throwing the remote at the TV if they do!

So, give no fucks
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, April 4, 2021, 11:10:23 »

And thousands of pox fans throwing the remote at the TV if they do!
Cheesy
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, April 4, 2021, 14:18:04 »

I am expecting it to be same formation as the last few days with Grounds coming in for Iandolo.

We will lose

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, April 4, 2021, 14:34:55 »

Talking of last day showdowns to stay up, I remember one around 1981 or 82 where we were at home to Brentford and needed a 0-0 to stay up.
it was incredibly tense, but a dire game. in those days goalkeepers could pick up back passes, and we passed back from anywhere within our half of the field - we must have managed at least 50 back passes in the first half. I recall David Peach was at left back for Swindon, and he alone accounted for about half of those. it was also the days fenced sections of terraces, and there were a couple of empty areas between home and away fans. For some reason there was never a ball boy in those empty cages - presumably to avoid the risk of them being the target of missiles from away fans in those violent times - so by the end people stood near us on the Shrivenham Road side were shouting at our players to kick it into the "cage" to waste a few seconds.
Hopefully it won't come down to that on may 8th this year!

Remember it well.
A few Brentford thought it would be game to stand in the Shrivvy Road stand and taunt the TE.
They didn’t realise a fair few Swindon had gathered behind them and they soon dispersed.
Was a real nervous tense game.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, April 4, 2021, 14:39:48 »

The following season if we had beaten Newport at home rather than drawing we would have stayed up even though they beat us at their place two games later

So, give no fucks
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, April 4, 2021, 18:02:18 »

I am expecting it to be same formation as the last few days with Grounds coming in for Iandolo.

We will lose
I suspect Grounds will come in but Iandolo will be pushed to left wing and Thompson dropped.
Cheltred

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, April 4, 2021, 18:33:14 »

The following season if we had beaten Newport at home rather than drawing we would have stayed up even though they beat us at their place two games later
That was when Roy Carter missed a penalty with almost the last kick, I think, and that would have kept us up.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, April 4, 2021, 18:43:03 »

Yes spot on! No pun intended ans what I remember Town fans went crazy after the game

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: