Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So many titles ‘It’s hope that gets you’, you decide. STFC V The JY massive.  (Read 17925 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 16:18:36 »

Sheridan:
- Disappointed with the result
- Wasn't alot between the teams
- Gifted them the 2 goals
- We had the better chances in the game
- Pitman had the best chances and should have scored in first half
- They had possession without hurting us
- Killer blow was scoring just before 1/2 time
- Iandolo has played well in the last few games but was slow stepping up. Looked a good finish, but it was down to Iandolo being too slow
- Why we are playing offside for the second goal I don't know, because we dont do that
- We looked tired. But that shouldnt be the case
- Not going to be hard on them
- Importance of the upcoming game against Burton
- Subs were thinking about the big game on Monday. Give some people a bit of game time
- Didnt think the performance was too bad and we could have got something from the game
- They had 73% of the ball in the first 1/2. Were you happy with that? No, we weren't brave enough to get onto the ball. Totally agree that we shouldnt have given them so much possession
- If we'd stayed 1-0 Sheridan thought we could still get something from the game
- Should have been brave enough to move them around and disturb them
- When we did move the ball quickly, we got chances.
- Not pressing well enough high enough up the pitch
- Played against a good team against Blackpool. Should have been on the front foot a bit more. Told the players to do that, but they didn't. We did in the last 2 games which is why we got results
- A lot of the game was in the middle of the pitch. Not may chances
- We are going to be up and down. We need to get ready for Burton
- Missilou has done too much travelling. He'll be available for Monday
- Lyden not ready for Monday. Same squad plus Missilou.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 16:22:17 »

Hartley:
- Clearly had a game plan to keep it tight in first half
- Sheridan said they should have attacked more, but players seemed to drop into a shape they were comfortable with
- Swindon were keeping Blackpool at arms length
- We looked comfortable, but playing like that, you will always make a mistake. But when you make a mistake, you need to have enough to be able to come back from it
- Everyone will ask 'Why were we so passive in the first half?'
- Getting to the stage when you look at who everyone has got to play. You dont want to be playing teams who have something to play for at the top of at the bottom.
- Northampton have stolen a march by beating Shrews today.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 16:26:47 »

Hartley part 2:
- Burton have a greater physical presence up front
- Selection will be interesting
- Listening to Sheridan interview, the players will think that all places are up for grabs.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #213 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 16:29:26 »

Hartley part 2:
- Burton have a greater physical presence up front
Disagree on this.

Burton currently play with Kane Hemmings as a lone striker and he is nowhere near the strength, size and quality of Simms.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 16:33:05 »

Hartley part 3:
- The 4-2 win against Burton was the best game of the season
- We got out to a 3-0 lead but Burton did peg us back and were unlucky not to get something out of the game
- Burton look like they have enough to get out of trouble
- J Smith was key lynchpin for Burton's good run recently
- They are off the top of their form from a few weeks back.
- Suspect that Burton will see the Town game as a big one for them too
- Both sides might try to eek out a point each
- Last year we were looking forward to going to big grounds. Will be a kick in the teeth if fans are allowed back and we have to go to Harrogate, Barrow and the like next year.
- Back to Blackpool game. Pivotal moment was the Payne chance in the second half. Had he scored, we could have got something out of the game
- For their first goal, Lee Camps position was a bit wrong. Iandolo was too far up the pitch. It bounced perfectly for Simms to fire it in.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 16:37:29 »

J Grant:
- A defeat which is never good. We just have to bounce back
- They controlled possession well in the first half
- They didnt threaten much. Good finish for the first goal
- Just have to be ready when the manager asks you to play
- Confidence? Every individual is different. As a team we have done well in the last few weeks
- This season individually it has not been good. Injury disrupted season and still trying to get back fitness now
- Not putting added pressure on vs Burton. All games are the same. All of the last 8 games are big
- All teams at bottom will be fighting. We will do our best to get away from trouble
- The whole season has been strange. We have been training well. Need to improve on Monday
- All season we have had games where we should have done better in or played well and lost
- Tough when you are down there. Everything seems to go against you
- We are in control of our own destiny.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 16:42:03 »

Camp 6
-   Slightly out of position for their first goal. Little chance with the second

Caddis 6.5
-   Thought he played well and linked well at times with Garrick

Odimayo 6.5
-   Had a good game. One last ditch challenge in the first half.

Grant 7
-   Played well and snuffed Yates out in the first half. Couple of great interceptions

Iandalo 5
-   Beaten for the first goal and at fault for the second. Distribution was poor in the first half. Other than that he was steady.

Thompson 5
-   Didn’t really offer a lot

Payne 5
-   One piece of skill and pass to Garrick in the first half. Defended well, but offered little going forward

Palmer 5
-   Again playing a spoiling role but not offering much going forward. Corners didn’t find any of our players

Twine 4
-   Didnt get into the game

Pitman 6
-   Won lots of headers, but was offsite a bit today. Service to him was poor. One chance in the first half where he seemed to slip before connecting. Hit post in the second half with a strong connection but offside

Garrick 6.5
-   Was a clear 7/8 in the first 20 mins of the game, but faded . Linked well with Caddis. Is improving and was the only one offering a threat – When I say threat, I mean causing difficulty for Blackpool rather than threatening the goal.

Subs:
J Grant 5
-   Saw him touch the ball in the corner a couple of time.
Hope 5
-   Couple of misdirected headers

Smith 5
-   Dropped deep and got a foul. Dont remember much else

Grounds 5
-   Didnt see him do anything wrong.

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 17:45:18 »

Sheridan:
- Disappointed with the result
- Wasn't alot between the teams
- Gifted them the 2 goals
- We had the better chances in the game
- Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman had the best chances and should have scored in first half
- They had possession without hurting us
- Killer blow was scoring just before 1/2 time
- Iandolo has played well in the last few games but was slow stepping up. Looked a good finish, but it was down to Iandolo being too slow
- Why we are playing offside for the second goal I don't know, because we dont do that
- We looked tired. But that shouldnt be the case
- Not going to be hard on them
- Importance of the upcoming game against Burton
- Subs were thinking about the big game on Monday. Give some people a bit of game time
- Didnt think the performance was too bad and we could have got something from the game
- They had 73% of the ball in the first 1/2. Were you happy with that? No, we weren't brave enough to get onto the ball. Totally agree that we shouldnt have given them so much possession
- If we'd stayed 1-0 Sheridan thought we could still get something from the game
- Should have been brave enough to move them around and disturb them
- When we did move the ball quickly, we got chances.
- Not pressing well enough high enough up the pitch
- Played against a good team against Blackpool. Should have been on the front foot a bit more. Told the players to do that, but they didn't. We did in the last 2 games which is why we got results
- A lot of the game was in the middle of the pitch. Not may chances
- We are going to be up and down. We need to get ready for Burton
- Missilou has done too much travelling. He'll be available for Monday
- Lyden not ready for Monday. Same squad plus Missilou.

Come the end of the season, it will be interesting to overlay all the post match comments from the El Dino and play, wanker, shyte, tosser bingo.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 18:32:06 »

Whether we stay up or not will depend on whether we  can get 10 points from the 5 remaining away games, as I can't see us getting anything from the 3 home games against Peterborough, Portsmouth and Ipswich.

Likely that Franchise will be too good for us so 10 from Burton, Rochdale, Wimbledon and Wigan it is. Think that's doable but can see it going down to the last game.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 18:39:01 »

Whether we stay up or not will depend on whether we  can get 10 points from the 5 remaining away games, as I can't see us getting anything from the 3 home games against Peterborough, Portsmouth and Ipswich.

Likely that Franchise will be too good for us so 10 from Burton, Rochdale, Wimbledon and Wigan it is. Think that's doable but can see it going down to the last game.

We can't get beat at Burton as that will leave them 8 points in front of us with a game in hand just leaving us and Northampton battling to stay out of the bottom four with only seven left to play.

So, give no fucks
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 20:00:34 »

Of course it is all down to opinions but I think the remaining home games are a better chance for us to sneak a few points than the Blackpool game or some of our remaining away games.
Also credit where credit is due, so, Sheridan deserves any stick he gets for today as it was plainly poor.
Whilst I’m (for me) ranting, cant understand the love for Tyler Smith or for that matter J Grant, Hope and (I’ll expect a death threat or two)  Brett + many Bretts ! Little if anything to offer sadly. Wish they did but they don’t.
Brett x many was decent in his day no argument but through no lack of effort only can offer what we need in patches. I also appreciate we have no other choice so hope somehow they can do the stuff.
Hoping we can still salvage this season by staying up. We have a chance but we really need the previous two games positive approach rather than today’s standing off 10 yard plan.
Hope A Grant and Odimayo are still with us next season
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 20:04:04 »

One of life's mysteries is why Sheriden won't give Smith a decent opportunity alongside Pitman

So, give no fucks
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #222 on: Saturday, April 3, 2021, 08:09:36 »

Of course it is all down to opinions but I think the remaining home games are a better chance for us to sneak a few points than the Blackpool game or some of our remaining away games.
Also credit where credit is due, so, Sheridan deserves any stick he gets for today as it was plainly poor.
Whilst I’m (for me) ranting, cant understand the love for Tyler Smith or for that matter J Grant, Hope and (I’ll expect a death threat or two)  Brett + many Bretts ! Little if anything to offer sadly. Wish they did but they don’t.
Brett x many was decent in his day no argument but through no lack of effort only can offer what we need in patches. I also appreciate we have no other choice so hope somehow they can do the stuff.
Hoping we can still salvage this season by staying up. We have a chance but we really need the previous two games positive approach rather than today’s standing off 10 yard plan.
Hope A Grant and Odimayo are still with us next season

Thing is Tyler Smith showed plenty of promise but then you can expect performances like yesterday when you get left out in the cold for so long
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Saturday, April 3, 2021, 10:30:32 »

As I mentioned earlier, now more than ever we are dependant on other results to bale us out of a shit storm we should never ever had been in. Yesterday with the exception of Northampton, results went in our favour and as has been said we really cannot afford to lose on Monday at The Brewers, especially if other results again go in our favour.
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 3, 2021, 10:46:15 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: