Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So many titles ‘It’s hope that gets you’, you decide. STFC V The JY massive.  (Read 18059 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #120 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 14:46:07 »

HT 0-1

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 14:46:33 »

got to change it for the second half. we didn't touch the ball for 20 minutes.

not sure how we change it though
adje

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 14:46:33 »

What a shit time to concede

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 14:47:52 »

TBF though Simms is a far better stronger striker than we have faced in the previous 2 games.
Agree with that. He had a few touches before that which I thought oozed class. Very good finish.

Difference in this division is all down to finishing

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 14:48:12 »

Nothing on the bench that is any better than what we have in the pitch
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 14:49:37 »

turned on at 40 mins. good goal that for blackpool. rovers, rochdale and wimbledon losing makes it a non horrific result at the moment. tough fixture and hope for a sniff in the 2nd half
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 14:49:47 »

TBF though Simms is a far better stronger striker than we have faced in the previous 2 games.
Which was always going to be the danger hoping for the same result today on the back of having played two sides who played poorly. Decent finish that. Garrick looks our must useful asset going forward so far
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 14:50:31 »

Well, let me cover the positive because the rest of my post is going to get pelters from some people!

For 5 mins we looked quite good, we had the best chance bar the goal and for 10-15 minutes it seemed Garrick might be OK.

Right, the rest of the half was a debacle waiting to happen.  Back to the shit we've tried in previous weeks of just sticking people in positions behind the ball and conceding the game.  On top of that they snuffed out our only threat.  If we get a 0-0 by the end of the game you take it, but it was asking for trouble and it came with a non-centre back exposed as will always be likely.  They've had a a couple of previous entries where they were undone by their own lack of quality, but you can't just play like San Marino and hope to get something from a game against competent opposition.

I thought it was atrocious watching overall, Blackpool look better than us by a margin, but even they were passing to advertising hoardings for most of that half.

Still, only a goal in it, get a lucky break and who knows, but it's ugly stuff.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 14:50:39 »

What a shit time to concede

yes and no, i would rather they do it now and we can get on and try in the 2nd half. we have time to rectify it.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 14:50:52 »

got to change it for the second half. we didn't touch the ball for 20 minutes.

not sure how we change it though
Need to be a big more positive as we were in the first 15 mins. Last 20 mins we sat back in our shape defending.

We don't have any creative skill, so will need to start the second half like we did the first. Scare them more with Garrick. Then, hopefully Twine will get into the game and draw a few free kicks on the edge of the box. We have. Little else to offer

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 14:53:32 »

27.8% possession 🤣
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 14:54:06 »

turned on at 40 mins. good goal that for blackpool. rovers, rochdale and wimbledon losing makes it a non horrific result at the moment. tough fixture and hope for a sniff in the 2nd half
Could do with Shrewsbury pulling their fingers out against Northampton
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 14:55:32 »

The way to turn the game around is the approach to defending, which may sound odd.  For most of that half we were simply getting into set positions to defend, which meant they could gather possession and reset every time they had it, with zero pressure.  You change it by applying pressure to their men in possession in their half and at half way rather than standing back halfway between our own goal and halfway.  The way we set-up you can only win possession back by your own box, then we have to get 3/4 of the pitch to theirs, which is hopeless when you are simply knocking it long to a man with no support (because everyone else is so far away from him).  For the first 10/15 Garrick was an outlet but they seem to have figured out how to nullify him or are simply not as worried as they were initially.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 14:56:04 »

27.8% possession 🤣
I just don’t get it, we got 6 points by actually having a go and now we’ve just reverted back to negative non football.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 14:57:23 »

I just don’t get it, we got 6 points by actually having a go and now we’ve just reverted to negative non football.

Dare I say it, those two games came post Sheridan throwing in the towel a little with little break between games, so they were more "thrown together" reactions than any great plan.  We've had a small break now to prepare for this one...............
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: