Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What's the stupidest thing you've ever done?  (Read 8443 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, March 29, 2021, 08:53:47 »

Inasmuch as he shared our 4 man accommodation. He was also into igniting his farts as a party piece - once sans pants.

It’s amazing what cheap NAAFI beer can do to you!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, March 29, 2021, 08:55:50 »

Orange or mint flavour? Neither are ideal but there's definitely a worse idea there...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, March 29, 2021, 09:04:19 »

Walking across balancing on the hand rail of the Tyne Bridge 'cos I was Spender (and pissed!)
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, March 29, 2021, 09:15:56 »

erm... maxing out my 1.8 Astra Sport on the M4 at about 1am, speedo showed 125 but likely to be a touch less than that. Jumping my little Nova over the hump backed bridge by the crematorium and finding a cyclist had stopped on the other side. In convoy with another member of the TEF, coming back from a gig at Newport on the M4, pulling alongside each other, two rear passengers hanging out of the rear windows and high 5'ing at about 80ish. On a German exchange, my partner and I were going to his mate's house out in the countryside, had to cross a busy, fast country road, he ran across in a gap I thought was way too small, but I went for it as well after a second or two's thought, I felt the air of the car on the back of my standing leg.

Hahaha, the hi5-ing on the M4 was with me. It was Little Dave and someone else, maybe Big Lee? (is he still around these days?) Man, those were the days.

Similar to Leggett. I took my first car 1.4 Clio down Blunsdon Hill at well well over 100mph.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, March 29, 2021, 09:23:56 »

Similar to Leggett. I took my first car 1.4 Clio down Blunsdon Hill at well well over 100mph.

Tailgating a Lotus Carlton in the outside lane of the M40 in my 1983 Metro 1.3, at over a ton, not sure the car had any metal in it by then it was so rusty!
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, March 29, 2021, 10:46:05 »

Hahaha, the hi5-ing on the M4 was with me. It was Little Dave and someone else, maybe Big Lee? (is he still around these days?) Man, those were the days.

About 35 years ago (bloody hell where has the time gone?) I tried to hit a ton on a Yamaha RD125LC coming down the old Blunsdon Hill. Was nearly there as the dual carriageway ended and decided it would be a good idea to keep going even though there were cars coming towards me and cars in front of me. A case of head down behind the fairing, elbows in and hope for the best.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, March 29, 2021, 13:04:38 »

About 35 years ago (bloody hell where has the time gone?) I tried to hit a ton on a Yamaha RD125LC coming down the old Blunsdon Hill. Was nearly there as the dual carriageway ended and decided it would be a good idea to keep going even though there were cars coming towards me and cars in front of me. A case of head down behind the fairing, elbows in and hope for the best.

I had one of those.  Didn't get close to 100 on mine.

Nothing to see here
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, March 29, 2021, 13:57:31 »

Don't drive, not married. Seems to put me a few level above most you special team.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, March 29, 2021, 15:31:05 »

But we haven't torched ourselves  Wink
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, March 29, 2021, 16:30:46 »

Sat May 5th 2007, cigarette end caught in my scruffy jeans, location Town End. Could we actually still smoke in the ground then or was I breaking the rules?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, March 29, 2021, 16:50:14 »

Oh ffs, maybe Flammable and I are quite similar...you have just reminded me the time I also set myself alight. Never have I seen/smelt the combined burn of skin and hair smell like what I can only describe as being "Smoky Bacon crisps".

Very stupid and very lucky. Whoever spotted me do a "Starsky & Hutch" style dive, drop and roll would have been very entertained. My stupid task? I decided it would be awesome to make my own candles in a makeshift ben tin and tongs, inside an old chiminea. The hot paraffin based liquid subsequently dropped and reacted...woof. My only "luck" was that I had some level of fire and evacuation training from previous job roles so knew what to do "in the moment".

Now it just reminds me of the Audislave song Gasoline or even better Set It Off. Two great tunes by the now departed Chris Cornell.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, March 29, 2021, 16:53:38 »

...this threads needs more Walrus!
Hunk

« Reply #42 on: Monday, March 29, 2021, 17:00:36 »

Said ‘Hi’ to Liam Gallagher outside a pub in Birmingham. He told me to fuck off
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, March 29, 2021, 18:22:38 »

No-one beats this yet...

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, March 29, 2021, 18:23:23 »

Sat May 5th 2007, cigarette end caught in my scruffy jeans, location Town End. Could we actually still smoke in the ground then or was I breaking the rules?

I think the rules came in on 1st July 2007.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: