Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Holidays are Coming - Sponsored by 4D  (Read 104681 times)
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #675 on: Wednesday, June 19, 2024, 21:29:18 »

Barclays too offer good insurance, comes with lounge passes etc too
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #676 on: Thursday, June 20, 2024, 07:37:58 »

Thanks for that.
Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #677 on: Sunday, June 23, 2024, 09:56:40 »

Are Mediterranean type holidays become too hot to enjoy. I’m in Kefalonia now and we’re getting July/August temperatures already. Having lived here for 4 years things are certainly changing.

If you’re here, or a lot of other places, with kids, it’s just too damn hot to do anything. I know they’ll always be those who will still roast in the sun for 2 weeks but, imo, it’s not an enjoyable holiday for a family with kids anymore.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #678 on: Sunday, June 23, 2024, 10:42:18 »

Was in Kefalonia 15 years ago in September.  Beautiful, beachy climate and only stifling in the middle of the day.  Fantastic beaches, shady glades up in the mountain(s) and cove hopping with boat hire were great.

Seville and Cordoba this time last year were shocking.  Only tourists were out in the middle of the day and a Flamenco all-nighter still saw a temperature of 30 degrees at 4am.

Until just now, it's been pretty miz. in the UK mind.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #679 on: Sunday, June 23, 2024, 11:54:44 »

We generally go to Turkey in April/May and August/September, our apartment is not as far south as the more popular places like Dalaman/Antalya but we went in June/July once and the heat was very oppressive.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Mexicano Rojo

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #680 on: Sunday, June 23, 2024, 12:10:05 »

Was in Kefalonia 15 years ago in September.  Beautiful, beachy climate and only stifling in the middle of the day.  Fantastic beaches, shady glades up in the mountain(s) and cove hopping with boat hire were great.

Seville and Cordoba this time last year were shocking.  Only tourists were out in the middle of the day and a Flamenco all-nighter still saw a temperature of 30 degrees at 4am.

Until just now, it's been pretty miz. in the UK mind.

Sevilla and cordoba are like that from june to september, sevilla is known as el horno de espana - the oven of spain
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #681 on: Sunday, June 23, 2024, 12:34:04 »

Flying out to Gerona tomorrow with my mate for a weeks R&R. Only thing planned other than watching the football is a trip to the Camp Nou stadium if it’s open to casual tourists.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #682 on: Sunday, June 23, 2024, 13:17:24 »

Sevilla and cordoba are like that from june to september, sevilla is known as el horno de espana - the oven of spain

I went to Sevilla in September a couple of years back and think we got lucky as weather was manageable. Going again this year in August so expecting a rougher time. Lovely place though
Mexicano Rojo

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #683 on: Sunday, June 23, 2024, 17:11:14 »

I went to Sevilla in September a couple of years back and think we got lucky as weather was manageable. Going again this year in August so expecting a rougher time. Lovely place though

Could quite easily hit 50 in august. I was in Cordoba last August and went on a tour of the mezcal at midnight, it was 38.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #684 on: Sunday, June 23, 2024, 17:30:41 »

Flying out to Gerona tomorrow with my mate for a weeks R&R. Only thing planned other than watching the football is a trip to the Camp Nou stadium if it’s open to casual tourists.

It's undergoing reconstruction, so may not be.  It's a paid tour system if they have it open.  You can always pop to the Olympic Stadium instead, which is where they have been playing.  Lovely setting, especially the backdrop to what was the diving pool, was a public pool the last time I went.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #685 on: Sunday, July 21, 2024, 11:22:31 »

Now we’ve booked out transportation to SA, thoughts are turning towards winter 25-26. I have promised the current Mrs. LL a cruise, as a trade off to going back to SA, though she caved easily 🙄. Think I may have been had there.

I think we have narrowed down the destination to either a far east or Caribbean jaunt. Likely to be Jan or Feb ‘26. So at this stage it’s and cruise liner recs or travel agent recs. Thanks you worldly knowledge bunch in advance.
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #686 on: Sunday, July 21, 2024, 11:24:12 »

6 more days and I’m out of this country for at least five years.

Anybody want to buy a house?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #687 on: Sunday, July 21, 2024, 11:48:22 »

6 more days and I’m out of this country for at least five years.

Anybody want to buy a house?

Where are you off to?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #688 on: Sunday, July 21, 2024, 11:51:40 »

Where are you off to?

DC (well specifically, a little town called Dumfries, whose neighbouring town is called Loch Lomond. I love that).

Been a quick turnaround, finish work on Thursday then fly on Saturday. Been a head fuck. I think I’m excited.
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #689 on: Sunday, July 21, 2024, 12:12:05 »

Now we’ve booked out transportation to SA, thoughts are turning towards winter 25-26. I have promised the current Mrs. LL a cruise, as a trade off to going back to SA, though she caved easily 🙄. Think I may have been had there.

I think we have narrowed down the destination to either a far east or Caribbean jaunt. Likely to be Jan or Feb ‘26. So at this stage it’s and cruise liner recs or travel agent recs. Thanks you worldly knowledge bunch in advance.
Depending on who you want to go with really but i am currently booking many passengers on the Arvia ship for Jan/Feb 26 around the Caribbean
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47   Go Up
Print
Jump to: