Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Holidays are Coming - Sponsored by 4D  (Read 84789 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 19:43:41 »

Have a random week off next week with nothing to do. Might take a trip somewhere just to reset and clear my head for a couple days.

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks

Southwold. Great spot, Great beer, Great seafood.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 21:05:13 »

Christ that's really shit. If anyone ever needed or deserved a holiday, it's you by the sounds of it
Sorry, I think I worded that badly.

Wife had to undergo chemotherapy, which was successful. We deferred the holiday but had to postpone again because I fell off my bike and broke my neck. Once we were both well enough to travel, our plans have been thwarted again by the current travel rules. So, its now slipped again to 2022.

We are the luckiest people alive as we are both still here!  Wink

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 10:06:19 »

Southwold. Great spot, Great beer, Great seafood.

And only 200 miles from where he lives
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 10:20:42 »

Sorry, I think I worded that badly.

Wife had to undergo chemotherapy, which was successful. We deferred the holiday but had to postpone again because I fell off my bike and broke my neck. Once we were both well enough to travel, our plans have been thwarted again by the current travel rules. So, its now slipped again to 2022.

We are the luckiest people alive as we are both still here!  Wink
That's a great way of looking at it but I don't think you worded it badly at all, if anything you underplayed it. Still think you both definitely deserve a holiday!
Panda Paws

« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 11:17:48 »

And only 200 miles from where he lives

Isn't that the point of a holiday? To go away? Not going to do 3 nights in Marlborough.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 11:28:16 »

Isn't that the point of a holiday? To go away? Not going to do 3 nights in Marlborough.

I think he was agreeing with you and saying that he only has to go 200 miles to sample it.

Are you ok Panda?  I know things are shit and everyone is a bit techy but you seem uncharacteristically aggy recently..  I guess we are all suffering on here in different ways..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 11:43:04 »

To be fair, the poster asked for recommendations for a trip somewhere for a few days. There wasn't any stipulations given re travelling etc so to suggest somewhere in Suffolk doesn't seem unreasonable.

I actually thought Jayo's comment was both sarcastic with elements of tongue in cheek, typical of the man.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 11:44:37 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 11:54:42 »

You are right, i did not stipulate any distance and Panda is not to know or assume i live in Swindon.

Having looked at where it is, it probably is a bit too far for me, but appreciate the suggestion.

Will probably head south or west if anything
Panda Paws

« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 12:28:52 »

I think he was agreeing with you and saying that he only has to go 200 miles to sample it.

Are you ok Panda?  I know things are shit and everyone is a bit techy but you seem uncharacteristically aggy recently..  I guess we are all suffering on here in different ways..

I'm fine, just increasingly irritable but nothing new there. If I've been whooshed and it was a comment in agreement, so be it. Didn't read that way to me.

Certainly not the end of the world, unlike Suffolk.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 12:29:31 »

You read it just fine Cheesy
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 13:13:19 »

I'm fine, just increasingly irritable but nothing new there. If I've been whooshed and it was a comment in agreement, so be it. Didn't read that way to me.

Certainly not the end of the world, unlike Suffolk.

You need to get laid..  I am sure somebody on here can help out with that Cheesy

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Sunday, May 16, 2021, 12:28:59 »

Booked a few days in Porto end of June start of July. Really hoping this Indian strain isn't going to put a dampener on things again.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2021, 09:27:09 »

Just looking at this again. Seen a 4 night break in the summer in Devon, staying in a static caravan.  £2,009. 

£500 a night self catering?
I'd rather buy a cheap transit and stick a mattress in the back.  Doh
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2021, 09:31:26 »

Booked a few days in Porto end of June start of July. Really hoping this Indian strain isn't going to put a dampener on things again.

Is anyone in the know about travelling abroad and the Covid tests required on here at all? Is the free PCR test ok or is it the lateral flow one that is needed?

Panda Paws

« Reply #89 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2021, 09:33:48 »

Just looking at this again. Seen a 4 night break in the summer in Devon, staying in a static caravan.  £2,009.  

£500 a night self catering?
I'd rather buy a cheap transit and stick a mattress in the back.  Doh

Presumably, there's someone out there willing to pay it and fair play to the company if they find that someone.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 44   Go Up
Print
Jump to: