Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Holidays are Coming - Sponsored by 4D  (Read 84847 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: Thursday, February 9, 2023, 19:47:32 »

Yeah we went to Croatia, ooh about 6 or 7 years ago now and Plitvice Lakes was one of our stops as we ventured from the north to the south. Stunning place, the water is so crystal clear. Very Picturesque.

We then got a bus south to Split but I cocked up and rather than get the express, got one that stopped in every one horse town you could imagine, and no toilet which wasn't ideal as we'd had a couple of beers prior to getting on said bus.

Sorry Gaz, only just seen this!

Nice one. I'm thinking of spending anything from 3 to 5 days in the area camping and having a good old explore. I've noted a quieter campsite a bit further away (if I'm putting in X miles per day, a base 5 miles away in another picturesque location will be no issue). Thanks for confirming they are incredibly picturesque!

Something about getting the more localised bus route does seem to attract a certain charm and probably something I'd enjoy (maybe if stopping in said Towns for the odd night). Although if on it for awhile, a nice heads up that an emergency bucket/lemonade bottle might come in handy! Either that or piss yourself...think I'd either opt for the express or spread the time out.

Thanks for the info though Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: Thursday, February 9, 2023, 20:31:57 »

my favourite little known fact about sunset: the shortest day isn't the earliest sunset time.

(only by 1 minute or so)

I love stuff like this.  Look up Solar Noon - and how it varies through the year - to find out why.  I think the earliest sunset in this part of the world falls around Dec 12th - so at least a week before the shortest day.  And the latest sunrise is generally around New Year's Eve.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: Thursday, February 9, 2023, 21:23:03 »

I love stuff like this.  Look up Solar Noon - and how it varies through the year - to find out why.  I think the earliest sunset in this part of the world falls around Dec 12th - so at least a week before the shortest day.  And the latest sunrise is generally around New Year's Eve.

Same. I think this is also likely to do with Earth not being a perfect sphere too.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: Sunday, February 26, 2023, 12:31:02 »

Just got back to our friends house after a morning up Table Mountain. Stunning.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: Thursday, March 2, 2023, 18:05:26 »

I have two cartons of Marlborough lites. How much do they go for? Or is anyone interested in them?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: Thursday, March 2, 2023, 18:35:34 »

I have two cartons of Marlborough lites. How much do they go for? Or is anyone interested in them?

Used to be 50p a fag when I was at George Ward School, I’m sure inflation has pushed them up now though.
I expect the kids are vaping now anyway.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: Thursday, March 2, 2023, 18:39:21 »

If they're not vaping they're probably smoking something a little more pungent!

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: Thursday, March 2, 2023, 19:15:12 »

If they're not vaping they're probably smoking something a little more pungent!

Legal in SA
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: Thursday, March 2, 2023, 19:21:16 »

Legal in SA
[/quote

Everywhere you go you can smell it so may as well be legal here.

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: Friday, March 17, 2023, 13:18:04 »

Not really a holiday per se but today's Irish Bank holiday reminded me we are off to Kilkenny next Thursday for a wedding. Anyone been to this part of Ireland? I'm really looking forward to the pints of creamy Guinness.  Pint Pint Pint Pint Pint Pint

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #520 on: Friday, March 17, 2023, 13:32:27 »

Not really a holiday per se but today's Irish Bank holiday reminded me we are off to Kilkenny next Thursday for a wedding. Anyone been to this part of Ireland? I'm really looking forward to the pints of creamy Guinness.  Pint Pint Pint Pint Pint Pint
The closest I have been to Kilkenny is.

Enjoy your pint(s) of Irish crude oil, yummy.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #521 on: Friday, March 17, 2023, 13:35:29 »

The closest I have been to Kilkenny is.

Enjoy your pint(s) of Irish crude oil, yummy.

haha, I was actually thinking of South Park as I was typing Kilenny! Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #522 on: Monday, March 27, 2023, 08:52:21 »

For those looking for a city/town break I'd thoroughly recommend Kilkenny over the pond. Smallish town which has a cathedral and a castle and no fewer than 60 pubs. Also had a cracking dinner at a Thai restaurant called Lemongrass. For those beer drinkers you can do the Smithwicks experience. (we didn't do it sadly)

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 10:34:03 »

Not really a holiday as such but heading up to Manchester tonight for 2 nights. Any recommendations on kid friendly bars or restaurants and any areas to avoid? Last time I went to Manchester was when we played City in the cup at Maine Road in 96 (I think).

We're going to Man City v Leicester tomorrow and they have a legends lounge type thing. Hoping the legend will have a Swindon link, maybe one of the Summerbees, Shay Given or Kevin Horlock? (He'll be working more than likely)

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: Friday, April 14, 2023, 10:56:48 »

Not really a holiday as such but heading up to Manchester tonight for 2 nights. Any recommendations on kid friendly bars or restaurants and any areas to avoid? Last time I went to Manchester was when we played City in the cup at Maine Road in 96 (I think).

We're going to Man City v Leicester tomorrow and they have a legends lounge type thing. Hoping the legend will have a Swindon link, maybe one of the Summerbees, Shay Given or Kevin Horlock? (He'll be working more than likely)

Moss Side and Cheetham Hill are good for a night out.

Seriously though, i think Deansgate is supposed to be ok for food and drink
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 44   Go Up
Print
Jump to: