Payne - 26 (37.7%)
Twine - 0 (0%)
J Grant - 0 (0%)
Pitman - 0 (0%)
Garrick - 7 (10.1%)
Total Voters: 63

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bristol R vs STFC MoM  (Read 6764 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 22:31:32 »

Voted for Payne but sorely tempted to nominate A Grant solely for the post-match interview (although he played well too)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 23:04:46 »

Voted for Payne but sorely tempted to nominate A Grant solely for the post-match interview (although he played well too)

Thinking similar, was surprised to not see more votes for Mr Grant (Anthony), as of yet.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 00:17:51 »

Chuffed to bits with the win.
Plenty of twists & turns still to come.

Voted for Garrick. Changed the game.

Back three looking good.
One slip up between them and that was covered by the keeper.

Good that Payne will be with us for next season.
I like Palmer.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 06:47:12 »

Probably the most divided poll for some time.  Difficult to find a player worthy of a vote after some games. Although this may have been a shit game it appears that a 'shift' was put in again by the entire squad. 
Caddis never gives up, Landolo has vastly improved, Payne -  super goal, Camp making one he!l of a difference and guiding the defence,  Garrick turning the game almost single handed,  Difficult to single one out, but this time for all the right reasons.
 A long time since we've had this dilemma.  Long may it continue, light at the end of the tunnel ?.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 08:39:12 »

Payne for me, Grant did very well again and Ian Dolo did well but he nearly cost us a goal with one shocking defensive header but luckily the striker was an absolute donkey and missed his chance.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 10:04:42 »

Not to be too picky but the essence of getting MoM is usually how the highlighted goes for obtaining the award. A faultless performance. The header wasn't just a poor header, it was an incredibly dangerous and schoolboy header. Should have been a goal for them and we'd all be talking about that, along with another "if only".

He did well though. Just not quite MoM well.

In. My. Opinion Smiley

So you are saying that you have to have a faultless performance to be eligible for a MOTM award?  I would be very surprised if you get any faultless performances from any player in the lower leagues, hence the reason they are playing in the lower leagues.  So based on your vote I assume that Payne had a faultless performance last night, didn't give the ball away once?  That might be the case, didn't analyse, but I would be very surprised.

For me, MOTM should be given to the player that in the voters eye gave the best overall performance over the course of the match that he was involved in - it kind of says it in the name.

In my opinion this was Iandolo last night, and opinions are what this thread is about so there shoudn't really be any need for debate here.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 10:17:36 »

..Ian Dolo did well but he nearly cost us a goal with one shocking defensive header but luckily the striker was an absolute donkey and missed his chance.
also lost his man near the end, but was otherwise excellent

which leads into Odimayo, who was no way man of the match but saved us after the above incident with a goal saving stretch of the leg
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 10:19:51 »

What’s the latest on Zeki Fryers?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 10:24:05 »

What’s the latest on Zeki Fryers?
Who? Smiley

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 10:52:15 »

Surely the Man of the Match is who you consider to have been the best player in the team over the period of play? Often this season its been who has been 'less bad' than others. You can't pick a player for a faultless performance because even superstars like Messi and Ronaldo don't even have faultless games.

Everyone sees games differently as well, perhaps a person might focus more on the defensive side of the game (as we did keep a clean sheet) whereas another might look for energy (Jack Payne never stopped running) and another might look for hold up play of your striker or whatever. I personally gave it to Payne, his energy kept us ticking over and when Rovers were starting to get the upper hand from 45-60 it was his interception and drive forward that led to Garrick's blocked shot that gave us a foothold and led to our goal and victory.

One thing you can always guarantee about Man of the Match is that the sponsors in the County Ground always seem to pick someone random that gets a grunt of 'what the fuck' when announced!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 11:05:39 »

Garrick or any of the centre halves.

The latter for obvious reasons, but Garrick was unreal when he was subbed on - changed the game and it was the corner he won that eventually led to the free kick which we scored from!
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 11:13:29 »

What about Man of the First Half and Man of the Second Half, and if it is the same player for each half then Man of Both Halves (aka MOTM) Smiley
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 11:26:25 »

Surely the Man of the Match is who you consider to have been the best player in the team over the period of play? Often this season its been who has been 'less bad' than others. You can't pick a player for a faultless performance because even superstars like Messi and Ronaldo don't even have faultless games.

Everyone sees games differently as well, perhaps a person might focus more on the defensive side of the game (as we did keep a clean sheet) whereas another might look for energy (Jack Payne never stopped running) and another might look for hold up play of your striker or whatever. I personally gave it to Payne, his energy kept us ticking over and when Rovers were starting to get the upper hand from 45-60 it was his interception and drive forward that led to Garrick's blocked shot that gave us a foothold and led to our goal and victory.

One thing you can always guarantee about Man of the Match is that the sponsors in the County Ground always seem to pick someone random that gets a grunt of 'what the fuck' when announced!!

Exactly - the sponsors CG pick is always tarred anyway because some will pick the man that they want to meet after the game and have their photo with, makes it pointless
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 11:46:26 by Berniman » Logged

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Flashheart

« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 11:33:26 »

Not once have I ever thought a MOM must have put in a faultless performance, and I'd be surprised if anybody else does. Asides from Bamboo, that is.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 11:35:49 »

MotM's are rarely totally faultless performances, especially at this level of football, its often who does the least amount of bad things when the team is struggling Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: