Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I’ve absolutely no idea what Team will turn up! ‘Wovers’ v the mighty STFC  (Read 27254 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #30 on: Monday, March 22, 2021, 12:40:00 »

Does it really matter?

Does any of it really matter?
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, March 22, 2021, 12:43:34 »

Does any of it really matter?

Not really.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, March 22, 2021, 12:58:53 »

Do you put these in a board at fucking random? MATCHDAY threads go in MATCHDAY ACTION/REACTION FFS

Maybe I was put out to pasture too soon 
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #33 on: Monday, March 22, 2021, 13:05:11 »

And from the Gas(h) forum, a few views about them and tomorrows match.

Without wanting to sound defeatist, I am feeling very defeatist about our situation right now! I would be very surprised if we stay up. I have no confidence that we'll beat Swindon, and then we have Sunderland and Ipswich. Only a win against Swindon will do, and even then I don't think we'll stay up. But I don't think we'll even beat Swindon.

For this season of 'everything that can go wrong will go wrong,' it feels pretty certain that we won't beat Swindon and the result will depend on someone who wouldn't have been playing had the originally scheduled match gone ahead.

I’m not sure these players are up for it to be honest. I am fully expecting us to huff and puff for 90mins while Swindon nick a goal from a set piece or a straight ball through the middle.
We looked completely devoid of any ideas on Saturday and a better team would have killed us off in the first 30mins.

Sadly have to agree with much of the sentiments expressed here. Resigning myself to L2 next season. As already said, even a win tomorrow probably won't do us much good. Only hope is 4 other teams do even worse. And that doesn't seem likely.

Feeling depressed with Rovers as of late. Can’t even bring myself to watch the game if I’m honest.
As with others, I fully expect a huff and puff with no real attacking threat and Swindon to win 1-0 through shocking, basic defending.

As much as it’s all doom and gloom after the last two defeats, a win at Swindon would be a massive step towards survival. It would be one out of the four wins needed, a crucial 3 points over a team that is currently neck and neck with us, it would instill confidence in the players that they can stay up.

Swindon won’t be any better than Pompey, Accrington or Shrewsbury whom we have convincingly beat at the mem in recent weeks, in fact they’ll be worse if results are anything to go by.

Swindon do have injury problems and had 5 out in their last game like us. I just feel they will sneak it 1_0 or draw.

Although Swindon is important game its not the be all and end all, if we win ,fine, but it does not guarantee our survival, conversely defeat does not confirm relegation , a win though would lift spirits and could start us off on a little points gathering run.

I watched the Swindon highlights and it looked very poor, players given loads of space and the game played at a walking pace. I would say Swindon have problems defending against physical attackers and are not convincing in the air.

JB will be England manager after Rovers

We are the worst team in the league. Our form is terrible and we have lost our two best players from recent weeks.
The writing is on the wall. Unfortunately, it’s the same writing that was on the wall last September. You cannot build a decent side without a decent goalscorer. You cannot gain points if you can’t defend properly.

I watch a lot of highlights from league one as well as all of our own games and i'd say based on what ive seen we are one of the worst 4 teams and deserve to be relegated.

I’m confident of a win but I know our CHs have a mistake in them and with Pitman Swindon have the perfect player to profit.

If we don’t beat Swindon we might as well throw the towel in.

And on interesting quote, not sure what highlights he was watching but it obviously wasn't from our game.

They were very lucky on Saturday, the ball just seemed to fall for them. I don't see any reason why we shouldn't win against them? Our home form is reasonable of late.

In the main their fans sound an awful lot like our fans.

Lets see if we can get a back to back win for the first time this season on the back of what is easily the best over all team performance under Sheridan, better than Ipswich and Lincoln for me. Coincidentally all away performances.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, March 22, 2021, 13:11:34 »

Not about this game in particular, but wouldn’t it be refreshing when an opposition manager’s preview said something along the lines of ‘They’re poor - and that’s being kind - the sort of team we should smash without too much effort. I’m not impressed with them at all.’

Instead of the back-slapping platitudes we always get.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, March 22, 2021, 13:27:08 »

Missilou is on international duty with Congo, too. They must be a right poor team.

Grounds will be involved in some way tomorrow. Conroy not playing well enough. Lyden off for a scan on his hammy.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #36 on: Monday, March 22, 2021, 13:41:56 »

Missilou is on international duty with Congo, too. They must be a right poor team.
They lost the last game 2-1 vs Cameroon but only 2 defeats in the last 11 games.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Panda Paws

« Reply #37 on: Monday, March 22, 2021, 13:42:00 »

Put Payne back into the Missilou role and bring in Garrick or J Grant.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, March 22, 2021, 13:44:49 »

Cheesy Love the idea of being figuratively near Coventry

Well I'm sure the list of people who'd like to be or have sent me to Coventry is numerous... Cheesy

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, March 22, 2021, 17:20:21 »

...Lyden off for a scan on his hammy.

Pictures just been received through from the Town medical team of Lyden's latest scan...

* Taglydentalle.jpg (107.9 KB, 1200x900 - viewed 122 times.)

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, March 22, 2021, 17:21:25 »

Made I chuckle, that!
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, March 22, 2021, 19:41:23 »

Do you put these in a board at fucking random? MATCHDAY threads go in MATCHDAY ACTION/REACTION FFS

Think it's just being done as a "Lucky Charm" Jayo  Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, March 22, 2021, 21:49:43 »

Not sure if posted yet but a savage assessment from Joey Barton regarding one of their regular centre halves:

JB said today "Don’t forget I’ve known Max from when I was at QPR. He was training with us when he was 20 and the observations of him then haven’t changed much to the observations of the player I’ve found now.

"That is worrying in that period of time, seven, eight or nine years, if you’re still making the same mistakes.

"I think you can only help yourself. He can only help himself first and foremost before you can help any of your teammates."
"Captain when we came in, and I just don’t understand that," Barton said.

"How can that be the leader, the person you set out as the head of your organisation, as the head of your troops?

"He’s got a lot of work to do, the boy. We’ve got to build him back up and it’s not straightforward, and, as I say, I can only help people who want to help themselves.

"We’ve got no time for passengers, and as cruel as that may seem, unfortunately this is not a charity. This is an elite performing environment that is not elite performing at this moment in time and it’s my job to get it there, because I’m a custodian of the building.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 06:50:35 »

Every organisation has a Max. Sometimes multiple Max’s. You know the type. They’ve been there a long time but you don’t know how. The have some authoritative position but you wonder how. None knows what they do all day. They always manage to survive reshuffles and staff reductions.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 10:49:03 »

Every organisation has a Max. Sometimes multiple Max’s. You know the type. They’ve been there a long time but you don’t know how. The have some authoritative position but you wonder how. None knows what they do all day. They always manage to survive reshuffles and staff reductions.

... and if you don't think there's a Max in your team, well, there's some bad news for you... Cheesy

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: