Poll
Question: Following Clem Morfuni's letter "to clarify his position in relation to the club", do you:
Trust what he says and believe he is the man to turn the club around - 8 (8.7%)
Give him the benefit of the doubt (nothing can be worse than LP) - 50 (54.3%)
Sit on the fence for now and see what happens next - 26 (28.3%)
Feel suspicious of his motives and how he has conducted himself so far - 7 (7.6%)
Think he is on the make and should be avoided at all costs - 1 (1.1%)
Total Voters: 81

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Do you trust Clem Morfuni?  (Read 24639 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 14:00:46 »

Excuse the shit stirring but I can't help noticing that those few who used to get quite shitty at criticism of Chairman Power have not exactly been to the fore with those views recently.
You mean getting shitty with people because they were posting things as if they were fact without ever providing anything to back up what they were saying? Just because all this has come out now doesn't mean anyone was right, we've had years of 'Powers a crook' but it's only in the last 12 months that tangible proof of his dodgy ways has come out?

None of the original Power out mob like the Cheltenham fan have ever been able to provide an ounce of proof to back up their hysteria in the past so hardly surprising that people pushed back at them. I tend to make decisions and form opinions based on facts personally....
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #211 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 14:02:26 »

Excuse the shit stirring but I can't help noticing that those few who used to get quite shitty at criticism of Chairman Power have not exactly been to the fore with those views recently.

Power ain't gone yet.  That is the time to judge any Chairman/Owner, imo (obvious charlatans like Jed aside).

Against my own yardstick, I have given up on Power this year.  Clem is not a Jed, which is a start. 

I openly supported him the 1st 3 years, I was wrong. Fill ya boots  Smiley
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 14:23:27 »

I think a lot of people looked at his past business failures - and there were a lot of them - and decided, quite rightly as it’s turned out, that it was likely to turn out as it has. They all virtually ended up closing down with any assets sucked out and leaving a trail of debtors.

When Morsehead left the Adver he mentioned that when Power eventually left all the shit would come tumbling out.

He was evasive during one of his phone ins when asked about what interest rate he was charging on his ‘loans’ to the club - and that was years ago.

Getting relegated is the least of our worries.
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 14:29:15 »

I thought Power was a dodgy shyster when he first came to Town (I can't remember the details now but he had been involved some kind of footballl marketing thingy prior to STFC that was v dodge and went tits up or something like that).  After a couple of seasons I started giving him the benefit of the doubt - training ground, buying the CG with the Trust, finally letting managers choose how - and who - to play, then this shit.

I guess I was right at the beginning but that doesn't let me say "I told you so" as what happens over time causes opinions and facts to change.

That said - I always thought he was a dodgy shyster soapy tit wank

No one kills a thread like me....
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 14:38:29 »

I thought Power was a dodgy shyster when he first came to Town (I can't remember the details now but he had been involved some kind of footballl marketing thingy prior to STFC that was v dodge and went tits up or something like that). 

Cre8 publishing. https://www.sportsjournalists.co.uk/other-bodies/football-writers/celtic-and-rangers-ask-fans-for-power-cut-over-magazines/
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 14:44:36 »

I think a lot of people looked at his past business failures - and there were a lot of them - and decided, quite rightly as it’s turned out, that it was likely to turn out as it has.
But again this doesn't make anyone right, if they had any proof then people might have listened as it is everything they ranted about was based on gut feel at best.

If we start seeing an "I told you so" brigade then they still deserve to get shot down as their predicted outcome may have transpired but it was nothing more than a guess on their side.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #216 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 14:56:53 »

Agree with Theakston, for how shit it has ended up we were a playoff final away from it all being different. If we went up that year he may have fucked off in the sunset selling us on
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 14:58:37 »

Agree with Theakston, for how shit it has ended up we were a playoff final away from it all being different. If we went up that year he may have fucked off in the sunset selling us on
And if you listen to some of the more vocal Power critics they have claimed we deliberately threw that match so they have zero credibility.
Flashheart

« Reply #218 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 15:12:45 »

I don't even remember anybody saying power was 'good'.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 15:16:18 »

But again this doesn't make anyone right, if they had any proof then people might have listened as it is everything they ranted about was based on gut feel at best.

If we start seeing an "I told you so" brigade then they still deserve to get shot down as their predicted outcome may have transpired but it was nothing more than a guess on their side.
There WAS loads of proof. Just look up his previous businesses and it’s all there.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 15:17:51 »

There WAS loads of proof. Just look up his previous businesses and it’s all there.
That’s circumstantial at best, there was no ‘proof’ rolled out with regards to wrongdoings at STFC which is ultimately all we care about!

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 15:31:51 »

The proof was about his business history. Leopards and spots. I’m sure there aren’t many that are surprised it’s turned out like this.

If he was prepared to shit over people without a care just to ensure he made his wedge in virtually all his previous dealings that seems a pretty good reason to believe that is just the way he operates and doubt why we should be treated any differently.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 15:40:07 »

Shouldn't this all be in the Lee Power thread, leaving the Clem thread clean to be resurrected when that goes to shit as well?
Crackity Jones

« Reply #223 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 16:23:16 »

Maybe we need a general "I told you so" thread so we can revisit situations that come to pass years later
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 16:26:30 by Crackity Jones » Logged
That Nestor Lorenzo Heade

« Reply #224 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 17:21:37 »

Sorry to ask a numpty question, but what is the route map for Clem taking over / buying (at least a controlling stake in) STFC?

Is it as simple as he negotiates a price with LP?  What role do Standing & Barry have in this?

Can anything happen before the court case is resolved?

Does the recent FA charge have any bearing on all this?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: