Poll
Question: Following Clem Morfuni's letter "to clarify his position in relation to the club", do you:
Trust what he says and believe he is the man to turn the club around - 8 (8.7%)
Give him the benefit of the doubt (nothing can be worse than LP) - 50 (54.3%)
Sit on the fence for now and see what happens next - 26 (28.3%)
Feel suspicious of his motives and how he has conducted himself so far - 7 (7.6%)
Think he is on the make and should be avoided at all costs - 1 (1.1%)
Total Voters: 81

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Do you trust Clem Morfuni?  (Read 24660 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 09:32:22 »

Well this is where all previous owners have shafted us. Being sustainable on pure football income, no chance. But expanding revenue streams through ground development, then it would seem more likely. However none of them have done anything to move the club forward in this regard.

I don’t that is true, though. I’m certain most clubs generate enough income to operate. OK that may not be to the level most fans want, but they are the self same fans who moan when overspending comes back to bit the club on its arse.

When an owner is charging hugely inflated interest on their ‘loans’ to the club, when incoming transfer fees disappear into arse pockets of all and sundry - that’s when it becomes unsustainable.

When you know your income it’s fairly simple to work out budgets for all aspects of running a club.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 09:37:30 »

The Trust have today published details of Clem Morfuni's Q and A at our most recent board meeting.

https://truststfc.tv/truststfc-press-release-9-4-21-clem-morfuni-outlines-vision-for-stfc-reiterates-commitment-at-trust-board-meeting/

He was extraordinarily generous with his time and answered everything we asked.

Good stuff, albeit sadly, and no disrespect for Clem but prospective owners have been saying that sort of thing about clubs when trying to get fans on board since year dot and it reflects what various shysters have said about us various times in the last 20+ years, until he gets the keys to the door his promises are pretty shallow and meaningless, even if made with the best intentions.

I would concur with the various points above, would I be pleased if he took over, undoubtedly so, but then the hard work will begin and judgements will be made.

Just a small plea if you are involved with Trust communications, in the past when such stories came out members (is it members, no idea, I pay some cash each month) got an email it would be handy if this started again just so we know what's going on?
Panda Paws

« Reply #197 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 09:39:39 »

Just a small plea if you are involved with Trust communications, in the past when such stories came out members (is it members, no idea, I pay some cash each month) got an email it would be handy if this started again just so we know what's going on?

I'll pass that feedback on - it's valid.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 09:42:27 »

From everything that's been said and the character references given, I'd say that I trust Clem and that he's well intentioned. One slight concern is that on companies House, Axis Football Investments Ltd accounts have been over due for best part of 3 months. There could be valid explanation due to the court cases last year, but probably something he should clarify on. Especially as he promises to provide open full accounts.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 09:44:56 »

I don’t that is true, though. I’m certain most clubs generate enough income to operate. OK that may not be to the level most fans want, but they are the self same fans who moan when overspending comes back to bit the club on its arse.

When an owner is charging hugely inflated interest on their ‘loans’ to the club, when incoming transfer fees disappear into arse pockets of all and sundry - that’s when it becomes unsustainable.

When you know your income it’s fairly simple to work out budgets for all aspects of running a club.

The one at this level which seems to be regularly rolled out as a 'well run club' is Accrington, no idea how they sustain themselves be it via owner loans or off field revenues*. Its the age old problem with fan ownership, it may be viable to run a club on revenues alone, but when suddenly you want to spend 300k on a player that is a rather big unforeseen in the budget to fund in some manner or another!

* Thing is with Andy Holt at Accrington is that he fits perfectly into the mould (he made his money in plastics, see what I did there) of local lad done well and wanting to give something back to the community he comes from and feels ties to, I (and it may just be me) find it very hard to understand why someone with no links to the town/region or in this case even country or the club would want to pour cash into a black hole for purely philanthropic porpoises. I would have no problems with Clem or any other owner taking a reasonable return on their investments (its the lack of transparency with Power that really doesn't help, the cynic in me just doesn't believe anyone who claims this is not their objective.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 09:46:11 »

Ask Plymouth fans - their chairman is running it as a sustainable business (after some initial capital) and has a long-term plan to reach the second tier.

Funnily enough, I know many. They primarily seem to bang on about the new stand bringing in some money from functions, weddings, bar mitzvahs and the like.

I have no issue with CM but, as observed above, the statements made mirror what has largely been said before.  Also, it's great to have supporters groups etc but, when push comes to shove, they have no impact on who gets their sweaty mitts on the club's silver.

Nothing to see here
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 09:47:58 »

To be honest this has been a dark year in the clubs history, I’m not the oldest of town fans but in all my time being a supporter I don’t quite remember things being this bleak. We appear to be in utter turmoil off the pitch which is now being directly reflected on the pitch. I don’t know an awful lot about this Clem, but from everything I’ve read and the things I’ve heard and that fact he still wants the club providing everything that’s going on, I like him. This could be completely naive, however, I’m feeling at my lowest point as a town fan. It’s hard to see how things are going to get better at the moment in fact they look as if they may get worse! Clem appears to be offering some hope, and gives me a small sense of optimism something of which the club does not currently fulfil me with.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 09:54:14 »

From everything that's been said and the character references given, I'd say that I trust Clem and that he's well intentioned. One slight concern is that on companies House, Axis Football Investments Ltd accounts have been over due for best part of 3 months. There could be valid explanation due to the court cases last year, but probably something he should clarify on. Especially as he promises to provide open full accounts.

I would not worry hugely, as Axis Football Investments Ltd is, as I understand it, purely a vehicle for Clem to make the investment into Swinton Reds Ltd its accounts will say the square root of nothing it being to all intents and purposes little more than dormant. It does show a slightly worrying lack of basic admin skills to keep on top of the basic stuff but not much more.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 10:35:58 »

The one at this level which seems to be regularly rolled out as a 'well run club' is Accrington, no idea how they sustain themselves be it via owner loans or off field revenues*. Its the age old problem with fan ownership, it may be viable to run a club on revenues alone, but when suddenly you want to spend 300k on a player that is a rather big unforeseen in the budget to fund in some manner or another!

* Thing is with Andy Holt at Accrington is that he fits perfectly into the mould (he made his money in plastics, see what I did there) of local lad done well and wanting to give something back to the community he comes from and feels ties to, I (and it may just be me) find it very hard to understand why someone with no links to the town/region or in this case even country or the club would want to pour cash into a black hole for purely philanthropic porpoises. I would have no problems with Clem or any other owner taking a reasonable return on their investments (its the lack of transparency with Power that really doesn't help, the cynic in me just doesn't believe anyone who claims this is not their objective.

There's definitely something fishy going on. Frankly I've haddock up to here with false dawns.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 10:45:11 »

The trust should certainly be applauded for trying to drive communication with this.  I feel comforted that the Trust are doing this on the fans behalf as if they didn't exist I am not sure we would see anything happening.

My only frustration, as with everyone else, is that it is all well and good the likes of Clem being (apparently) transparent, but unless the current incumbent breaks his deafening silence and actually does anything to move this forward, we will continue to go around in circles without really knowing too much more than we do today - which is very little.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 10:53:15 »

I think its not helped by the complete lack of media interest either locally or nationally, look at the Advertiser their reporting has been limited to reporting what they are spoon fed via press releases, there is no appetite be it due to budgets or lack of interest to dig into the story at all, perhaps the forthcoming Athletic piece might stirs things up but as it stands Power knows he has no media scrutiny to worry about so just keeps stum!
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 11:44:47 »

Whatever happens I think it’s the end of Power at the helm and all those connected to him. Hope the FA and FL really thrown the book at him so he can never darken another football club. Also hope The Courts rule against Power making it easier for Clem to do a deal with Standing/Barry. Power said judge him in 5 years. As I’ve said before we’ve stagnated under him and now in a worse position than when he took over. The stadium continues to deteriorate and it’s hard to get enthusiastic about The Trusts plans for redevelopment when we’ve been hearing various plans over the last 20 years or so! We need a fresh start from top to bottom. Sadly baring a miracle we will be back in L2 next season but I’ll feel more optimistic with Clem at the top, I’ll even buy a season ticket again as I haven’t done so for the last 3 years. If Power wins and stays in control then I dread to think what would happen next.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 12:56:52 »

Excuse the shit stirring but I can't help noticing that those few who used to get quite shitty at criticism of Chairman Power have not exactly been to the fore with those views recently.

Power ain't gone yet.  That is the time to judge any Chairman/Owner, imo (obvious charlatans like Jed aside).

Against my own yardstick, I have given up on Power this year.  Clem is not a Jed, which is a start. 
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 13:02:23 »

Opinions change with the facts we have
Flashheart

« Reply #209 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 13:05:07 »

Excuse the shit stirring but I can't help noticing that those few who used to get quite shitty at criticism of Chairman Power have not exactly been to the fore with those views recently.

So?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: