Poll
Question: Following Clem Morfuni's letter "to clarify his position in relation to the club", do you:
Trust what he says and believe he is the man to turn the club around - 8 (8.7%)
Give him the benefit of the doubt (nothing can be worse than LP) - 50 (54.3%)
Sit on the fence for now and see what happens next - 26 (28.3%)
Feel suspicious of his motives and how he has conducted himself so far - 7 (7.6%)
Think he is on the make and should be avoided at all costs - 1 (1.1%)
Total Voters: 81

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Do you trust Clem Morfuni?  (Read 24652 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 22:45:28 »

Translucent aluminium and translucent blocks would be an innovative way of getting over the "bullshit" issue that is the Stratton Bank. I bet Clem knows a friend or two.

In terms of design, I wouldn't mind seeing some incorporation of things on the current crest. Something "steam powered" maybe even something Steampunk related or all of the roofing could incorporate railway tracking; would look awesome set in the translucent roofing of the new SB. Also with the Robin element, maybe incorporating some beautiful watery shadow from a "birds nest" style design in what would be part of the New Town End and Shrivvy Corner. Maybe a really decent craft ale bar and grillhouse up in that area. I think keep the Rolex and at least two of the original floodlights. Maybe have the Rolex integrated into the bar and call it...The Rolex Bar & Grill?!  Hmmm You could even have a viewing gallery that not only looks out onto the pitch but also to the countryside (but a proper panorama).

Make it a hub and a focal landmark where people want to be seen. These things cost money of course but if you build a place that people want to spend time in and around, beyond football, then they will of course spend money whilst there. It will pay you back in the long run.

The CG indeed could be a great blank canvas for someone wanting to put a stadia development onto their CV...  We could also go a bit more eco and piss on Dale Vince's chips, how good would it be to say "Hey Dale, that's great and all that but this is how you make a sustainable stadia" Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 22:49:41 »

I think the championship is as hard for us to reach and sustain now as the premiership was when we were in it.

That said I don't think we are capped at 10kn crowd ceilings, but it's going to take a lot of investment to show that.

the Bradford model doesn't work in most places. What chairman wouldn't want double the crowd in at half the price

Ideally you have a 30k capacity paying full price. The reality it not as clear cut. To achieve 100% capacity at 100% full price to have to get the customer begging for more. How you get there is another conversation.
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 22:51:29 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 22:54:08 »

30,000 would be way too big for the football club but that’s not overly relevant is it?

Any new ground/redevelopment would need to multipurpose and used as often as possible.
STFC might not be able to attract 30k people but could *insert name of popular band* do it? Could the CG host say a major boxing card? Could they get WWE to put on a show here during their European loop? So on and so forth.

This.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 22:55:41 »

I event managed the Take that show at Anfield in 2019.  We were working on a capacity of roughly 40k.  It's dependent on the size and positioning of the stage.  A stage like the Take that stage takes a third of the pitch.  We had 10k on the pitch.

Truth is the CG is not going to get A list of stadium gigs.  Ashton gate already has the contacts with the main promoters.  We might get the likes of Rod Stewart but we're not getting Muse, Spice Girls, Take That, Killers etc.

The money the venue makes from the stadium shows is not amazing.  It's made from the concession stands.  Where we put them is another matter due to the small footprint.

As I see it we should not be relying on gigs as a vital part of the business plan.  We'll be lucky to get 1 a year. 

One a year, is more than none a year.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Monday, March 15, 2021, 01:24:31 »

A 12000 seater ground set in 3 stands, with a cedar red stained wooden fence.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Monday, March 15, 2021, 09:13:03 »

I would rather play at Webbs Wood it's more atmospheric

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Monday, March 15, 2021, 09:36:12 »

One a year, is more than none a year.

I heard Toploader ft P.D.C was on the cards.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Monday, March 15, 2021, 09:59:44 »

It always struck me that the logical move is for the pitch to stay as it is now but simply moved 30 yards into the car park. That would allow the Clock end to be moved 30 yards and a roof to be put on the stand.

My favourite ground in the country is Newcastle, given that it's such an integral part of the city centre. Perfect!

Nice idea albeit we would want to avoid the absurdity of the Carlisle scenario. Ultimately in terms of the redevelopment (at least short term), this would allow something reasonably small and modern to go on the bank site, whilst also open up the town end for redevelopment. the one problem is that things like Hotels have been mooted to provide the much needed 24/7/365 income, they tend to want car parking of sorts, unless is there another public car park within easy walking distance?

Interestingly Newcastle are wittering about moving again, they are hamstrung by the grade I listed building immediately behind the east stand (which I used to live in!)

Sorry I should have been clearer, there is a sticking point in that the pavilion would need to be relocated and reconstructed at any new site, which isn't with some cost and hassle, but it's not necessarily a blocker (or wasn't thought to be back then).

Picking up listed buildings and plonking them else where has become much less of an acceptable thing in recent years.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Monday, March 15, 2021, 10:03:00 »

It would be a shame if Newcastle moved as that's one noisy atmosphere stadium

So, give no fucks
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Monday, March 15, 2021, 10:07:32 »

It would be a shame if Newcastle moved as that's one noisy atmosphere stadium

Think it would actually get even more noisy and atmospheric if they moved, the absurdity of the present arrangement means that a lot of sound is lost over the roof of the East Stand and Gallowgate, neither of which can be extended up due to planning (east) and sheer cost (gallowgate).
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Monday, March 15, 2021, 10:10:08 »

Think it would actually get even more noisy and atmospheric if they moved, the absurdity of the present arrangement means that a lot of sound is lost over the roof of the East Stand and Gallowgate, neither of which can be extended up due to planning (east) and sheer cost (gallowgate).

You know the stadium much better than me so get what you're saying

So, give no fucks
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Monday, March 15, 2021, 10:29:18 »

Picking up listed buildings and plonking them else where has become much less of an acceptable thing in recent years.
As I say the discussions we were having were around 15 years ago and even then didn't get any further than "Would this be feasible for the cricket club?", didn't get as far as exploring whether it would be feasible from a planning perspective etc. But we had to know whether it would be acceptable to the cricket club because clearly a redevelopment of the football club that forced out another of the town's major sports clubs wouldn't have been acceptable or viable.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #147 on: Monday, March 15, 2021, 11:17:51 »

Clem shows Power that he has the money, the next thing we see is Power....

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Monday, March 15, 2021, 13:25:10 »

Stole this from Simon Pieman 2013, the club vision:

Very good evening tonight, well done to Steve Murrell and Marc Isaacs.

Only just got back as it was a very long presentation with all the questions and I'm sure there will be a lot of contributions on here and social media about it.

Main points for me:

1) Football budget of £2.4m would see us break even. We're currently at £2.9m spend. This is based on attendances of 7500 average per game. Steve stressed that whilst looking to bring down to £2.4m it probably won't happen this season and if there is a need for more in the short term the funding is there. Not looking to ship out loads of players for the sake of it.

2) Concerts - Up to 6 a year. It is a 10 year contract and the promoter is renting the space from the club. Minimum of £300k per year income to us (no costs, all profit) even with no concerts. If all the concerts were sell outs it would bring in £1.8m per year. Steve felt that the potential uplift would be more like £900k per year and for 2013/14 £750k was the conservative budget.

3) Catering - 10 year contract with Lindley worth £4m to the club. £200k additional revenue per annum and £200k in cost savings.

4) Other additional income will be made from sponsorship, stfcmyworld and other activities. Also cost savings with ticketmaster compared to previous ticket administrator. Total additional revenue (not full financial benefit) is £2m for 2013/14 based on conservative forecast.

5) The Legends Lounge will not be cut in half now. Steve didn't realise the Supporters Club had put in money previously to refurbish it. Instead, the club will allow fans to book tables with a full waiting service for food and drink. Any tables not booked will operate as they do now.

6) Possibility of putting a roof on the stratton bank, awaiting planning permission and would cost £150k.

7) New training facilities are necessary as the current facility has loads of kids around which causes problem. The owners of the current facility are also expanding and thus there will be even more kids around. The pitches aren't that great and the new facility will be cheaper to rent than currently. Has needed investment but this is reflected in the lower rent.

Cool Ticketing improvements will also mean that when phoning it will cost a maximum of 10p a call. Previous telephone costs and booking fees have been necessary to cover costs. Negotiated a better deal with ticketmaster and passed onto fans.

Loads of other really good points raised and intelligent questions. And I mean loads.

Interesting to read previous owner statements. Ticketing has definitely improved over the years, very easy to buy and print at home.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Monday, March 15, 2021, 13:29:48 »

yeah. that's one good thing they did manage
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: