Poll
Question: Following Clem Morfuni's letter "to clarify his position in relation to the club", do you:
Trust what he says and believe he is the man to turn the club around - 8 (8.7%)
Give him the benefit of the doubt (nothing can be worse than LP) - 50 (54.3%)
Sit on the fence for now and see what happens next - 26 (28.3%)
Feel suspicious of his motives and how he has conducted himself so far - 7 (7.6%)
Think he is on the make and should be avoided at all costs - 1 (1.1%)
Total Voters: 81

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Do you trust Clem Morfuni?  (Read 24650 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 12:25:24 »

I love where the ground currently is.
Walking distance from the train station, plenty of pubs within walking distance. Moving the ground would ruin the whole day for me.
Especially the kebab down Manchester Road.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 12:26:35 »

York road chippy😀

So, give no fucks

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 12:30:06 »

I'd leave the pitch where it is. Redvelop a bit at a time starting with the townend. Plenty of room to go upwards and outwards there. Then the Arkells and eventually the Stratton bank. I'd probably shrink the Stratton bank slightly by a few rows so a roof could be incorporated more easily. No need to race into redevelopment and could go hand in hand with any progress the club may make through the divisions 🤞
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 12:33:17 »

I'd leave the pitch where it is. Redvelop a bit at a time starting with the townend. Plenty of room to go upwards and outwards there. Then the Arkells and eventually the Stratton bank. I'd probably shrink the Stratton bank slightly by a few rows so a roof could be incorporated more easily. No need to race into redevelopment and could go hand in hand with any progress the club may make through the divisions 🤞

Another good suggestion I hadn't heard before

So, give no fucks
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 12:33:52 »

We could put new bricks round the outside to make it look like a new stadium
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 12:40:30 »

If Power stay safe nothing would surprise us

So, give no fucks
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 12:41:35 »

Could do what Barcelona had to do and dig down to lower the pitch, plenty of room around it to put extra rows in at the bottom of the stands, the Stratton Bank roof could then be lower than it would be, were there one on it now, without reducing capacity of the stand.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 12:43:24 »

Could do what Barcelona had to do and dig down to lower the pitch, plenty of room around it to put extra rows in at the bottom of the stands, the Stratton Bank roof could then be lower than it would be, were there one on it now, without reducing capacity of the stand.

Just one flaw in your suggestion.....The cost to do it😀

So, give no fucks
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 12:48:55 »

Cost involved any which way, at least it doesn't involve it all being picked up and moving 30 yards  Grin
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 12:51:35 »

I'm fence sitting.

Morfuni belongs to the same chain that started when McCrory took over. That's a red flag (big issue for me)

Morfuni has zero links to the Town and has, despute everything, fallen in love with the club. That, to me, is a red flag (what is in this for you? If I experienced anything close to what he has during his relationship with Swindon then I'd get my money back and run)

Morfuni has a naive tendancy to talk to randoms but not the media. Red flag (another owner who doesn't talk via the right sources)

Morfuni isn't Lee Power. Roll the frickin' dice.

The stuff in his open letter was too good to be true in places. Over-sold it which I appreciate sounds like 'fans will never be happy' rhetoric. I'll be happy once this club is in safe hands.

hashtagreetweet

what i meant but better put innit. you should get into broardcasting lolz
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 12:54:04 »

We have no reason to trust or distrust him. I have been wary of him talking directly to fans on social media - which is a bit Jed like. But being honest, all Morfuni needs to do is not be Lee Power. It may be out of the frying pan and into the fire, but when the frying pan is this bad....
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 12:56:53 by Frigby Daser » Logged
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 14:59:37 »

Just fill the TE car park with something like the Holte End at Villa Park  Smiley

Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 16:11:31 »

Relocating would kill it for me. Also the bigger pictures of developers looking for housing money obvs rings alarm bells.

There is a stipulation on the land deeds from when it was it was handed over to the council that the land could only be used for sporting and recreational use if I remember rightly. So housing developers would have a hard job on that front..

If it was me, I’d buy up the County Ground hotel and the cricket pitch, flatten the Town End and build a new side stand with executive boxes with Michelin Star food and service, a big sports bar at the top/ back of the stand overlooking the pitch. New office space for the club staff, modern changing rooms and sports therapy suite, conference facilities, gym. Most of the current car park would be gone but got the cricket ground space.

Once that’s done, knock the Arkells and Stratton Bank down, rotate the pitch 90 degrees. Build a new Town End in the style of the Kop (preferably safe standing!) and new Stratton Bank side stand that’s moved forward to give space to match the height as the Don Rogers. Modify the Don Rogers nearest the Stratton to fill in the corner and there you go.

Yeah, I’ve thought about it sadly a lot..

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 16:14:48 »

Trying to purchase the cricket pitch would be harder than getting rid of Power

So, give no fucks
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Sunday, March 14, 2021, 16:25:20 »

There is a stipulation on the land deeds from when it was it was handed over to the council that the land could only be used for sporting and recreational use if I remember rightly. So housing developers would have a hard job on that front..

If it was me, I’d buy up the County Ground hotel and the cricket pitch, flatten the Town End and build a new side stand with executive boxes with Michelin Star food and service, a big sports bar at the top/ back of the stand overlooking the pitch. New office space for the club staff, modern changing rooms and sports therapy suite, conference facilities, gym. Most of the current car park would be gone but got the cricket ground space.

Once that’s done, knock the Arkells and Stratton Bank down, rotate the pitch 90 degrees. Build a new Town End in the style of the Kop (preferably safe standing!) and new Stratton Bank side stand that’s moved forward to give space to match the height as the Don Rogers. Modify the Don Rogers nearest the Stratton to fill in the corner and there you go.

Yeah, I’ve thought about it sadly a lot..

I’d love to be wrong but don’t reckon the old Goddard covenant would stand up if someone really wanted to legally get over it.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: