Poll
Question: Following Clem Morfuni's letter "to clarify his position in relation to the club", do you:
Trust what he says and believe he is the man to turn the club around - 8 (8.7%)
Give him the benefit of the doubt (nothing can be worse than LP) - 50 (54.3%)
Sit on the fence for now and see what happens next - 26 (28.3%)
Feel suspicious of his motives and how he has conducted himself so far - 7 (7.6%)
Think he is on the make and should be avoided at all costs - 1 (1.1%)
Total Voters: 81

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Do you trust Clem Morfuni?  (Read 24672 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 21:55:36 »

redevelop. that can be done in stages.

relocation is all in and requires a lot more cash in one go

And you have to fight a council that won't approve any site suggested

So, give no fucks
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 22:06:45 »

redevelop. that can be done in stages.

relocation is all in and requires a lot more cash in one go

Honestly I'd rather we moved at this point. Stadium is in a shite location now that is only getting worse. Get a new site with room to grow. Why polish a turd?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 22:10:53 »

20 years on since we flirted with the idea it's hard to find any locations as Junction 15 & 16 are now both developed as well as the Shaw Forest site and B&Q distribution centre.

So, give no fucks
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 22:11:03 »

Honestly I'd rather we moved at this point. Stadium is in a shite location now that is only getting worse. Get a new site with room to grow. Why polish a turd?

Because it's close to the train station and that works for me.

Smiley
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 22:14:44 »

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, eh?

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 22:15:35 »

It's best if we continue to stagnate Pint

So, give no fucks
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 22:16:15 »

Keep the football club at the centre of the community it represents.  Don't peripheralise it.  Support the businesses - pubs & restaurants - in the centre of town.  Passing trade is everything.  Stick STFC on a retail park 4 or 5 miles from the centre of town, and you'll change it forever.  Not for me.  No one wants to emulate Oxford or Colchester.  Utterly soulless.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 22:17:18 »

I'll include Reading as well
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 22:19:11 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 22:18:14 »

There is very little in the public domain that gives me any sort of confidence he'd be a long term success - not saying he wouldn't be, but I'd be cautious about getting too excited by a guy who runs a plumbing and sparky business.

A few have mentioned him being involved in big stadium developments - yes, but as a contractor for a very small and specific part.

The Open letter was little more than a chest thumping effort - nothing of any real substance.  You could have ripped the list of things off of any pre-ownership sale job for every other club.

Don't get me wrong, I don't anywhere near enough to say he's a bad person to have as an owner, just that we surely have far to little to judge either way.
Flashheart

« Reply #54 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 22:36:22 »

A few have mentioned him being involved in big stadium developments - yes, but as a contractor for a very small and specific part.

Which, I suspect, is the point.

My hunch is that he wants the opportunity to do the whole thing himself to add to his portfolio. He's unlikely to get over the hump for other projects when coming up against other contractors that do have that feather under their cap. So what's it worth to him to invest in a business so he is the decision-maker, meaning he gets to be the one choosing who builds the stadium?

He gets to choose himself to do the job. Also owning an English league club in the process might just be a bonus (or an affordable hindrance)
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 22:40:27 »

Is a stadium 10 mins walk from the station really a shite location? Where would be a better location?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 22:58:20 »

Keep the football club at the centre of the community it represents.  Don't peripheralise it.  Support the businesses - pubs & restaurants - in the centre of town.  Passing trade is everything.  Stick STFC on a retail park 4 or 5 miles from the centre of town, and you'll change it forever.  Not for me.  No one wants to emulate Oxford or Colchester.  Utterly soulless.
Absolutely this. It's an ideal location, you'd be hard pushed to pick a better one
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 23:16:11 »

We’re 23rd in League One, 2nd manager in 6 months about to walk, owned by Del Boy Trotter with plenty of people chasing him through the courts, games running out and the squad has zero confidence and this thread has turned into shall we leave the County Ground or redevelop 😂😂😂 Can’t beat the giggles on this forum

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 23:23:30 »

We’re 23rd in League One, 2nd manager in 6 months about to walk, owned by Del Boy Trotter with plenty of people chasing him through the courts, games running out and the squad has zero confidence and this thread has turned into shall we leave the County Ground or redevelop 😂😂😂 Can’t beat the giggles on this forum
If you're looking for a forum where the threads stay on topic for much more than a page, this might not be the place for you Smiley
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 23:29:59 »

Sorry mate.  Circulate your list of permitted discussion topics, & we'll all be sure to stay within the correct parameters from now on.

[Clem Morfuni's in the property business, unless this had passed you by.  He's interested in taking a controlling stake in the club.  Maybe a discussion of the club's accommodation strategy in a thread with Clem's name in it might not be so outlandish after all?]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: