Poll
Question: Following Clem Morfuni's letter "to clarify his position in relation to the club", do you:
Trust what he says and believe he is the man to turn the club around - 8 (8.7%)
Give him the benefit of the doubt (nothing can be worse than LP) - 50 (54.3%)
Sit on the fence for now and see what happens next - 26 (28.3%)
Feel suspicious of his motives and how he has conducted himself so far - 7 (7.6%)
Think he is on the make and should be avoided at all costs - 1 (1.1%)
Total Voters: 81

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Do you trust Clem Morfuni?  (Read 24642 times)
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 20:16:13 »

Clem has done one thing that we haven’t seen since the days Fitton was around and that’s someone who owns a portion of the club be open and honest with the fans.

Does he have enough money to fund us properly? Hard to really know but the fact he’s been running Axis for 27 years and been involved in orojects like Spurs new ground and various large scale commercial projects doesn’t suggest to me that he’s short of a pound or two.

For me, it comes down to his intentions. In the open letter to the fans, it wasn’t exactly setting out a vision of what he sees the club being. It was pretty much the basics of what I’d expect of any new owner which would suggest to me he doesn’t know.

However, Lee Power doesn’t give us a vision (or at least one that we believe) and has never really covered the basics.

So would I take Clem now rather than wait for someone (potentially) wealthier? I’ll take anyone who is willing to do the right thing by the club and respect it’s history. Clem has stuck around and paid his dues through all the shit Power has brought us so why not give Clem a whirl in the hot seat. He might not have the football knowledge like Power but at least it keeps the wolves away from the door for a while longer and who knows what it may bring us.. For better or worse.. At the very least, it buys us more time until Bitcoin is worth more!

Completely agree
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 20:22:56 »

It doesn't matter whether we trust him or not. Where we are now is that we need a change. Power wants to leave and not put any cash in. We are in trouble on the pitch and off it. We need someone to take us forward.
100%
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 20:36:50 »

Clem has done one thing that we haven’t seen since the days Fitton was around and that’s someone who owns a portion of the club be open and honest with the fans.

Has he? Like I'm well for prospective owners getting down and dirty in the county or whatever, but has any of what he's said to the media or fans been shown to be honest? Terry Brady media work springs to mind.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 20:40:28 »

There needs to be a push from 'clubs' being businesses. The model of the football league doesn't work, and whilst trust own clubs like exeter etc aren't setting the world on fire, they'll be much better off when it all collapses.

Have a dream, but the divide get's wider every year.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 20:44:55 »

Clem reminds me a bit of Terry Brady saying all the right things and sounding ambitious and I imagine his motives are similar, it’s all about the ground.  If things go well with the ground redevelopment then I’d imagine for a while at everything will be ok, any issues or obstacles however and it’ll likely be a very different story.
Another concern I have is that he’s mentioned in the past using the club to develop Australian talent, 2 or 3 players and that’s fine but a team flooded with Aussies wouldn’t do it for me.
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 20:49:42 »

I wouldn't be in a rush to buy the club. I'd like to see resolution of the court case first and any possible challenge to it. I'd also want to send in some heavy hitting forensic accountants to ensure I knew what assets and liabilities were including training ground etc.
I would probably also sit down with the trust to agree a way forward on ground. I wouldn't be in a hurry to put an exact number on the table.
I would also bomb out all the coaching staff and all bar twine and the apprentices of the playing staff. Anderson would go as well. Basically, drain the swamp.
Flashheart

« Reply #36 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 20:53:41 »

If he had a new stadium built...

He'd do it himself through his company. As opposed to having another construction firm do it for him. That would surely shave a fair bit off the cost. Then there's probably all sorts of taxation tomfoolery on top of that which could benefit him.

That, and he'd have a stadium build on his portfolio which, as far as I can tell, he doesn't yet. Imagine if he built a nice shiny new stadium hosting Championship football week in, week out. How much would that be worth to him, considering other people will want stadiums built as well.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 21:00:46 »

I had a throwback then back 2001 when Terry Brady had everything in place and the 30000 stadium stadium had been a great success, regularly filled with football and Rugby supporters, the hotel was thriving, houses had nice views towards the ridgeway and we were a sustainable championship club of many years!

So, give no fucks
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 21:40:14 »

Not a clue about Clem Morfuni. Talks a good game, but that's easy. Better ownership material than the incumbent? Almost certainly. But it's a low bar.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 21:46:45 »

There's a quick win awaiting Morfuni. He's in property. And the County Ground was badly in need of redevelopment 20 yrs ago. We're way behind the curve. (You can probably find posts of mine on here from 2008 saying exactly that.) If he can fix that, and give us a modern town centre ground fit for the next 30 yrs, then he gets my vote. It's been a long time coming. You can't keep sweating a 1960s asset forever.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 21:48:13 »

No I don't. But I'm sure he can bring some stability, maybe even some ambition for a few years before it inevitably goes tits up and we're left broke in our crumbling stadium yet again!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 21:52:06 »

There's a quick win awaiting Morfuni. He's in property. And the County Ground was badly in need of redevelopment 20 yrs ago. We're way behind the curve. (You can probably find posts of mine on here from 2008 saying exactly that.) If he can fix that, and give us a modern town centre ground fit for the next 30 yrs, then he gets my vote. It's been a long time coming. You can't keep sweating a 1960s asset forever.

The big question would be redevelop or relocate and as for the town centre we've already been spoilt with the regeneration of the old college site😳

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 21:52:18 »

I had a throwback then back 2001 when Terry Brady had everything in place and the 30000 stadium stadium had been a great success, regularly filled with football and Rugby supporters, the hotel was thriving, houses had nice views towards the ridgeway and we were a sustainable championship club of many years!

With nesting Great Spotted Woodpeckers.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 21:53:06 »

With nesting Great Spotted Woodpeckers.

Loys around st the moment and the one in the photo is actually asleep

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 21:53:32 »

redevelop. that can be done in stages.