Poll
Question: Following Clem Morfuni's letter "to clarify his position in relation to the club", do you:
Trust what he says and believe he is the man to turn the club around - 8 (8.7%)
Give him the benefit of the doubt (nothing can be worse than LP) - 50 (54.3%)
Sit on the fence for now and see what happens next - 26 (28.3%)
Feel suspicious of his motives and how he has conducted himself so far - 7 (7.6%)
Think he is on the make and should be avoided at all costs - 1 (1.1%)
Total Voters: 81

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Do you trust Clem Morfuni?  (Read 24643 times)
That Nestor Lorenzo Heade

« on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 19:14:28 »

Is Clem the man to make Swindon great again?
Hunk

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 19:16:19 »

I liked his piece in the Adver yesterday. He's worth a punt if it means Power is gone
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 19:18:46 »

I liked his piece in the Adver yesterday. He's worth a punt if it means Power is gone

Does he have enough money to take us forward or are we better waiting for someone wealthier!

So, give no fucks

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 19:19:33 »

Does he have enough money to take us forward or are we better waiting for someone wealthier!

We should try and get him on here for a Q&A... I'd love to ask him this question too.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 19:20:10 »

Good point you make

So, give no fucks
Hunk

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 19:20:41 »

Power has checked out, it seems. If Clem comes in and turns out to be a charlatan then we can at least justify being wrong, and you ever know, he could turn out to be really good for the club. I really think we've got to the point where anything but Power is worth a go
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 19:22:12 »

Power has checked out, it seems. If Clem comes in and turns out to be a charlatan then we can at least justify being wrong, and you ever know, he could turn out to be really good for the club. I really think we've got to the point where anything but Power is worth a go

Yes I agree there's nothing left here for Power anymore and he needs to let hot for the sake of the football club

So, give no fucks
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 19:28:22 »

I have spoken to him a few times(business-related and charitable things). O like the man tbh and think he has ambitions and could be genuine. I think where fans and rightly so are worried are with how he was a bit open with fans at the beginning. For what it's worth i think he was not helped by being put in touch with the GW Reds group as the voice of the fans at first. He has since reigned it in and i believe does talk to the trust often
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 19:29:43 »

Is he based local or does he live away?

So, give no fucks

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 19:31:12 »

I have spoken to him a few times(business-related and charitable things). O like the man tbh and think he has ambitions and could be genuine. I think where fans and rightly so are worried are with how he was a bit open with fans at the beginning. For what it's worth i think he was not helped by being put in touch with the GW Reds group as the voice of the fans at first. He has since reigned it in and i believe does talk to the trust often

Interesting, this is the same as my experience.  He still responds to messages but is definitely more aloof now, which is no bad thing.  This is a time for action not words!

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 19:33:15 »

Is he based local or does he live away?

He lives just outside Sydney I think.  I've met Clem a few times and he's very convincing, but the elephant in the room question for me is "what's the appeal of a crap league one football club to a wealthy Australian businessman?"
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 19:34:35 »

He lives just outside Sydney I think.  I've met Clem a few times and he's very convincing, but the elephant in the room question for me is "what's the appeal of a crap league one football club to a wealthy Australian businessman?"

That was my thinking although I didn't know he lived in Australia I suspected he wasn't local so then what's in it for him

So, give no fucks
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 19:35:57 »

I would imagine redevelopment will be part of it

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 19:36:55 »

That was my thinking although I didn't know he lived in Australia I suspected he wasn't local so then what's in it for him

I think he stops in the UK for a few days on his way to other places, and has to do the "dash to the train station just before the final whistle" that is common to many of us.
BoA Vagabond

Tufty club

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 19:37:34 »

Don't know if I trust any prospective Town owner. I do know that the current owner can do no more for us, if he ever actually achieved anything other than taking cash.
If Clem is willing to stump up enough to satisfy the current wankers then fair enough. Wouldn't it be amazing if he turned out to be genuine and not a chancer?
I will get behind the purchase of the ground when that happens and hope that Clem, or another, take the club forward.
For personal reasons I really needed a successful team this year more than any previous to cheer me up. Power and Dinosaur snr have screwed that so good riddance as soon as possible. You Reds!

Parasitic freeloading season ticket holder scum
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: