Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: We can’t win them all. Accrington Stanley v STFC  (Read 26275 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #495 on: Monday, March 8, 2021, 11:18:42 »

No that's very true, but there have been fleeting signs recently that we have been showing at least some kind of competency on the pitch. Yes it maybe mainly coming just from Scott Twine direct free kicks but I personally have seen (albeit not massive) signs of improvement. Even in the first half on Saturday I thought at times we played ok. Granted the second half was pathetic, but 20 minute spells are better than the 0 minutes we've had in matches before.

Yes I am clutching straws and i'm still well aware that relegation is a grave possibility but i'm going to remain positive until the R has been allocated to us officially.
Oh we have certainly shown more "guts" on the pitch in the last 4 or 5 games but all too briefly in patches and never for an entire 90 mins, the story of the whole season seems to have been good for 45 mins, shit for the other 45 mins.

If we have a good first half and score then we just cant seem to hold out in the 2nd half, we have 45 minute players it seems.

And for me relegation is more a probability than a possiblity now, or it will be if we can't grab 3 wins from the next 5 games. We NEED to get a result against the POX for that fan "lift" we all need. We need to beat Rovers and Rochdale or we are down IMO. Gills didn't look very special against us even though they won and Fleetwood have been on a poor run until 2 games ago.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: Monday, March 8, 2021, 11:23:02 »

Oh we have certainly shown more "guts" on the pitch in the last 4 or 5 games but all too briefly in patches and never for an entire 90 mins, the story of the whole season seems to have been good for 45 mins, shit for the other 45 mins.
That's not true. There's been plenty of games where we've been shit for 80-85 mins, some even for the whole 90.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: Monday, March 8, 2021, 11:38:33 »

Any more news on the alleged punch up!? Or just another two players out with concussion??

Maybe Omotoye fancied getting a chance of a shot on target.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: Monday, March 8, 2021, 11:40:24 »

No that's very true, but there have been fleeting signs recently that we have been showing at least some kind of competency on the pitch. Yes it maybe mainly coming just from Scott Twine direct free kicks but I personally have seen (albeit not massive) signs of improvement. Even in the first half on Saturday I thought at times we played ok. Granted the second half was pathetic, but 20 minute spells are better than the 0 minutes we've had in matches before.

Yes I am clutching straws and i'm still well aware that relegation is a grave possibility but i'm going to remain positive until the R has been allocated to us officially.

I agree with you there. We've had a few tough games that we could have/have actally nicked something in, though you'd be hard pushed to say we deserved to (Lincoln aside).

Times nearly up, its crunch time.

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: Monday, March 8, 2021, 11:42:50 »

Maybe Omotoye fancied getting a chance of a shot on target.

Has Grounds had his jab already!?

Clems Army!
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: Monday, March 8, 2021, 11:47:30 »

Only one response to that - 'Its the hope that kills you!'  Sad

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: Monday, March 8, 2021, 12:19:32 »

Can't be bothered reading back, were we dreadful/uncreative/unambitious/unlucky/crap?
Flashheart

« Reply #502 on: Monday, March 8, 2021, 12:21:59 »

Can't be bothered reading back, were we dreadful/uncreative/unambitious/unlucky/crap?

Crap, with crap defending.

We actually played reasonably well in the first half, albeit with poor defending. Yet, for some reason, it ALL turned to shit in the second.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: Monday, March 8, 2021, 12:24:25 »

Do we think the nonsense that went on at half time had some affect on the players? It did seem that we were totally turgid in the second half whereas we were ok in the first. Stanley were showing gamesmanship as well to break up the flow and make it scrappy but we just never got going in the second half. Perhaps the stupid goal just before half time had an effect also.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #504 on: Monday, March 8, 2021, 12:29:22 »

Do we think the nonsense that went on at half time had some affect on the players?

I was under the impression it happened after the game.

But, if you're right, it is a possible explanation. Football players do seem prone to having their mindset altered.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: Monday, March 8, 2021, 13:35:07 »

I was under the impression it happened after the game.

But, if you're right, it is a possible explanation. Football players do seem prone to having their mindset altered.

But it Curran is the pariah in the dressing room we are led to believe I imagine any ruckus involving him at half time would have lifted team moral.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: Monday, March 8, 2021, 13:43:43 »

We actually played reasonably well in the first half, albeit with poor defending.

That was my recollection, but listening to the LSPOD revie they were right - we played OK but only after Grounds went off.

Which still doesn't alter the question as to what happened after half time
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #507 on: Monday, March 8, 2021, 23:20:55 »

Has the current owner gone yet?

Nothing to see here
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #508 on: Tuesday, March 9, 2021, 21:51:59 »

Trueman 6
Bit flappy at times. Didn’t have everything covered. Did make a couple of good saves though.

Caddis 5
Worked really hard, but was roasted all night! Quite why Odimayo wasn’t brought on to replace him I have no idea. He tried hard, but was too slow. Much of our attacking went through him, but his delivery tonight was poor.

Conroy 4
Very slow. Made lots of mistakes. Distribution was poor

Broadbent 5
Looked better than he was as he made a few last ditch challenges. That was because he was out of position a lot of the time.

Thompson 5
Some good deliveries at the end. He also made one run in the game, which was reminiscent of his debut against Ipswich. But, I don’t condone the yellow card in the first half. Could have been sent off then.

Payne 3
Not in the game

Lyden 4
Got stuck in but didn’t break much up and didn’t create anything. Thought he was unlucky to get booked. Looked daft with the head bandage.

Palmer 3
Didn’t see him do anything

Twine 4
One free kick and one shot out of the ground. Defended OK. But, didn’t get into the game

Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman 5
Battled – but didn’t win much. No decent service. Missed penalty, which imho was well saved rather than being a poor kick.

Garrick 5
Flattered to deceive. One trick pony. Athletic. Tried to turn and run. Didnt work at all. One chance in the first half, with a weak finish. Would have swapped him for the Oxford sub who showed with his first touch how to use power, pace and finishing.

Subs:
Grant 6.5
Actually controlled the ball. Tackled and passed the ball to our players! Won the penalty. Missed a lobbed chance from well out. The only midfielder we had on the pitch

Hope 4
Maybe I am being too hard on him, but I he just doesn’t seem to offer us anything.

Odimayo N/A
Can’t rate him for 5 mins. But, he was visible. Won the ball and played it to our players!

Curran N/A
One clearance into row Z. Made a nuisance of himself and scored a goal. Feel bad for all of the stick he gets. He got on the pitch and did his best.

I know you're upset, but you might want to change threads.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: Tuesday, March 9, 2021, 21:53:01 »

I know you're upset, but you might want to change threads.
oops! Now deleted.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: