Pitman - 0 (0%)
Garrick - 1 (2%)
Hope - 0 (0%)
Omotoye - 0 (0%)
Missilou - 1 (2%)
Total Voters: 45

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sunderland vs STFC MoM  (Read 4201 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 10:54:09 »

I don't blame him.

Also, my point is that he gave away the FK because he was the wrong side. Nothing to do with how we defended the FK.
The I missread your statement for which I apologise but in the matchday thread a couple of people directly blamed him for the goal.

I can't blame him for the actual goal but maybe for the foul conceded leading to it, but if the other players had defended better than nobody would even consider Broadbent at fault for the goal at all, it would have just been yet another wasted free kick by the opponents.

Every Town player gave away free kicks all game but that one was unfortunate to have had their 1 decent delivery on it.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 10:55:34 »

The more of the top sides I watch in this league the more I'm convinced that last seasons side could've been a top 8 side at least.
I think even the side we started the season with would be top 8 if we started the season with Baxter/Wollacott/Travers/Trueman in goal.

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 10:56:42 »

I think even the side we started the season with would be top 8 if we started the season with Baxter/Wollacott/Travers/Trueman in goal.

Not sure I agree with that, we were still way too leaky and looked pretty useless against some teams. At least we usually gave it a go though!
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 10:59:39 »

Conroy had a little moan at Broadbent for giving away the free kick that lead to the goal, I wasn't paying attention but sounds like it was justified. On balance I've gone for Twine, although I think Broadbent has been decent and it's really good to see him back.

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 11:00:19 »

There have been very very few teams that have looked way better than us this season, I think Kovar and fryer conservatively cost us a lot of points on their own, without checking back individual games I cant say how may. Yes Grounds/Baudry/Conroy/Caddis all cost us goals with mistakes but I do think with a better keeper behind them then they would have been more confident that if they fucked up then the keeper would get closer to the resulting shot.

Last season we fucked up several times defensively and Benda came to their rescue, I don't honestly remember Kovar or Fryer recovering once from a defensive slip up, all of them resulted in us conceding, and thats not entirly because this league is of a way better standard.

Panda Paws

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 11:03:52 »

Every Town player gave away free kicks all game but that one was unfortunate to have had their 1 decent delivery on it.

Yep, a minor for sure. Just knocks him from MOTM to an honorable mention.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 11:06:06 »

Yep, we’d have done alright playing 10 outfield players and 4 goal keepers...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 11:07:52 »

Yep, we’d have done alright playing 10 outfield players and 4 goal keepers...
We still would concede every game. Just not the average of 2.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 11:21:17 »

I voted BB but this was the closest game as far as choice of MOTM as Twine deserved it too. BB won for me as he was constantly in a game for 90 mins, whereas Twine would have got the vote for a few instances of indivdual brilliance. 

Twine won and took 2 free kicks in the first half, BB was in a battle for 45 mins constantly involved - Twine made that brilliant pass to Hope, had a few efforts and hit the bar in the 2nd half, BB was in a battle for 45 mins but made a silly foul which lead to the goal.

Thy both deserved it IMO but I went BB for the overall picture - could have gone either way

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 11:24:33 »

Basically the same for me too Berni, Broadbent won his battle, twine was a bit of icing on the cake, had Twine scored though it could easily have gone the other way.

I do think special mention for the keeper who did everything that was asked of him and he couldn't get anywhere near the goal, made 2 good saves and commanded the area quite well too.

Flashheart

« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 11:33:31 »

I voted BB but this was the closest game as far as choice of MOTM as Twine deserved it too. BB won for me as he was constantly in a game for 90 mins, whereas Twine would have got the vote for a few instances of indivdual brilliance. 

Twine won and took 2 free kicks in the first half, BB was in a battle for 45 mins constantly involved - Twine made that brilliant pass to Hope, had a few efforts and hit the bar in the 2nd half, BB was in a battle for 45 mins but made a silly foul which lead to the goal.

Thy both deserved it IMO but I went BB for the overall picture - could have gone either way

BB?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 11:33:55 »

BroadBent.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 11:45:33 »

BB?

Not for being down with the kids btw, just lazy Cheesy

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 11:50:59 »

Yep, a minor for sure. Just knocks him from MOTM to an honorable mention.

BB will be distraught. Conversely, Hunt will be delighted with his (spoiler alert) 4.8% of the popular vote. He even gets to keep his deposit.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Panda Paws

« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 11:54:50 »

Hunt will be delighted with his first LSPOD official MOTM more importantly!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: